GOTW 8: Patriots vs Bears (THE BRADY BOWL)

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by _MG_, Feb 20, 2012.

1. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]
    5-2 2014 DEFENSIVE POWERHOUSE PATRIOTS
    VS
    5-1 CURSED CHICAGO BEARS
    WHY IS IT GAME OF THE WEEK?
    Tom Brady has never in his career played against the New England Patriots, his former team. Add that to the fact that these are possibly two of the top 5 teams in HK this season and this should be a good one to watch.​
    New England is a strange team offensively. In their second season since Tom Brady left via free agency to play in Chicago, they still haven't quite found their identity. Matt Ryan has been absolutely awful for them since signing last season, throwing a combined 48 interceptions in 23 games. For all of you who go to Penn State and thus can't do math, that is over 2 per GAME. His QB rating this year is sub-50. A bright spot is 2nd year back Anthony Harrison. He is averaging over 5 yards per carry and has 7 touchdowns. I would like to see him get more carries.

The Patriots have one of the best defenses in the whole league. They currently rank #2 in points (16 ppg) and yards allowed (259) per game. Insane. Chris Long, Vince Wilfork, Jerod Mayo, Devin McCourty, Jermaine Cunningham. Half this defense could be in the pro bowl. I have been very impressed with SS Brendan Murray. The rookie Florida State Seminole has 16 tackles 2 forced fumbles and an interception in the past 4 weeks and seems to really be picking up the defense. This is a dominant squad and for sure the strength of this team. Tom Brady and the Bears will really have their hands full.
    The Bears offense has been consistently average this year. Quizz Rodgers has been going off, but Tom Brady and the passing offense has been extremely hot and cold. It didn't help matters that Brady's favorite target Todd Heap broke his tailbone and has missed a lot of games (he doesn't return for another 4 weeks). They have it in them to be a top offense, they just have to keep trucking and running the ball. Once the Bears give up on the run they become very ineffective. Quizz needs 25 carries at least.
    Chicago's defense still has no pass rush. BJ Raji and Malcome Manning are hurt, the secondary gets torched and the rush D has been getting worse every week. Pretty terrible. The good news? Kevin Williams has actually played more than 1 game this year. Derrick Morgan and Corey Wootton are the two most below-average starting defensive ends in the league. The strength is the linebacking group. Lance Briggs, Devaughn Norris and Chad Greenway have done a great job. 3rd year players Detchauz Settle and Rasean Carter have been disappointing, dropping tons of interceptions every game.
    OFFENSIVE ADVANTAGE:
    [​IMG]
    Tom Brady is still Tom Brady, even if he is getting old. Quizz has been really hot. I just can't not pick the Bears here with how poor Matt Ryan has been. Harrison should have a nice running game​
    DEFENSIVE ADVANTAGE:
    [​IMG]
    Easy choice. The Patriots have been shutting teams down all season. I believe Wilfork, Cunningham and Chris Long are going to give the Bears running game problems. I really, really like this defense.​
    PREDICTION:
    The Bears are on a downward spiral with injuries and losses. They really miss BJ Raji and Todd Heap. The game against the Rams showed a lot of flaws. The Patriots are younger and hungrier. I think this will be a tight game, but a interception or forced fumble generated by the Patriots dominant defense will be the difference. Matt Ryan will have all day to throw the ball, as the Bears have shown 0 pass rush skill if Kevin Williams doesn't do it all by himself. Should be fun, but Brady will come out of this one questioning if he should have signed with the Bears or stayed home in New England.​
    SCORE:
    [​IMG]
    Patriots 24 Bears 21

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
    • Like Like x 5
  2. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

this sounds weird.... lol

3. KnightNoles

Other Games to Watch

[​IMG] @ [​IMG]
    Titans came up with a big win against division rival Texans last week after dropping one to the Colts, to put the South at a 3 way tie. Can they keep it going against a very good Jets team that are a half game out of the AFC East lead?
    [​IMG] @ [​IMG]
    Minnesota is looking to stop their 4 game slide and get their quarterback back on track, in which might be tough to do as Coach CA seems to all but given up on Ponder. They travel to Carolina where a team besides last weeks loss to the Bengals have been rolling behind the former Viking Adrian Peterson. Can the Vikes rise up and beat their former player or will Peterson run all over his former team while killa Cam says hi.
    [​IMG] @ [​IMG]
    A big game for both teams that has a little bit more implication for the Texans as they come off a divisional loss to the Titans. The Giants are also playing with some sense of urgency as they are 4-3 while the Redskins sit behind them in the East at 3-3. Basically which of the teams will show up, a turnover Dozier or a on fire #1 offense Dozier; for the Giants will the rushing attack punish the opposition or will Boals turn the ball over constantly?

• Like Like x 4
  4. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    I agree with the analysis but there's one problem. Ryan is on the bench now. Jaxon Boone has been my starting QB since Week 4 and we're 4-0 with him starting.

• Like Like x 2
  5. KnightNoles

owwww owwwww

6. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    So you threw 12 interceptions with Ryan in 3 games? Wow, now I really know why he is on the bench lol.

7. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Man, Patriots have really turned it around this year. Good going.

• Like Like x 1
  8. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    Yep, lol. I was hoping he could turn it around this season but that definitely didn't happen. Boone has completely changed my team for the better and I could potentially have been 7-0 now had I started with him in game 1.