GOW: Week 1, Season 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by controllerabuser, Jan 27, 2010.

?

Who wins this game?

1. PSU

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. USC

100.0%
  1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

#5 USC(sdid22) @ #3 Penn State(cimmy24)

Conference Challenge

[​IMG][​IMG]

Game of the Week is back! Conference challenge is back. The powerhouses known as USC & PSU are back! What more could you want? Week 1 boasts two of the top programs in the nation representing the Big Ten & Pac Ten conferences. A change has been added to the BfR dynasty. The Big Ten users play a Pac Ten user. The conference winner of all the combined games will receive an extra scholarship plus the home field advantage for next year's set of games.

USC comes into this game with Matt Barkley under the helm. While Barkley started for the Trojans last year, he didn't post exactly breakout numbers. He does have the experience. He also has a stud named Devon Flournoy who caught 69 balls for 1,457 yards and 12 touchdowns last year. USC packs a punch on their defensive side of the ball. I don't know if PSU will be able to run to the outside well. USC features two monster ends in Devon Kennard & Kevin Greene. Both are 99 overall and seniors. The Trojans also feature a very good secondary with two great safeties in Mike Kramer & Corey Corbett.

However, one thing I've learned. Never count cimmy out of a game. Never count him out of a season. Year in year out he proves it again and again. This year he doesn't have a standout QB. He doesn't have a standout HB. What he does have is a great WR named Justin Brown who is fast, runs great routes and can jump like no other even though he is only 5'10. He also has Alex Clarke, a 90 overall tight end, who could come in handy during crunch time. PSU lost their main man Curtis Dukes, so we are excited to see who will take over this year. They also lost a lot of their talent on the offensive line. What they do have is a steady defense. Gritty all over the field. They can get after you in a hurry. Look for Sean Stanley & Ricky Robinson to pressure Matt Barkley. I think the Nittany Lions will be able to combat Flournoy. They have the talent at linebacker and in the secondary.

I think this will be a great battle. Winner gets the last second field goal.

Who will it be?

2. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

good matchup! USC wins 21-17

3. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

PAC 10 wins...USC has too much talent for the Lions.

1 to 0.

4. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Throwing the gauntlet at the Lions week 1! Trying to get us out of the BCS Race early huh?

Not So Fast My Friend! Don't forget where this is being played!!!

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N6hIQiDkz6s&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N6hIQiDkz6s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]​

5. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

scaaarrrrrrry

6. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

It was to Matt Barkley...

Penn State 24
    USC 10