GOW: Week 2, Season 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by controllerabuser, Jan 29, 2010.

?

Who wins this game?

1. Wisconsin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ASU

100.0%
  1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

#12 Wisconsin(EmmDotFrisk) @ Arizona State(TD351)

Conference Challenge

[​IMG][​IMG]

Who will raise their helmet in the air at the end of the day?​

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Ranking Wisconsin ASU
    Overall Rating B+ B-
    Offense Rating B C+
    Defense Rating A B+

Week 2 of the 5th BfR season kicks off. Week 2 is even bigger than Week 1. Why? Bragging rights are getting closer with each week. The Big Ten now holds a 1-0 lead over the Pac Ten or "Wac Ten" as they have been dubbed. This GOW features 2 users with new teams. EmmDotFrisk took over Wisconsin last year after leaving his previous school Oregon State. Arizona State welcomed TF newcomer, Tom351 with open arms. We'll see who will win in this battle out west.

Wisconsin comes in with a good looking QB on paper. Jon Budmayr, now a (RS) Senior, will get a chance to lead the Badgers to a hopeful BCS bowl but it starts in Tempe. One thing he will have, is a decent line. While they lose Erik Smith, they'll feature Brad Pearson, also a Senior. Pearson looks to be the workhorse with some very nice abilities. The Badgers are fierce on defense. Not too many weak spots if any at all. One word, solid, could be used to describe this unit. Nobody stands out or is flashy but they sure seem like they can get the job done. MLB AJ Fenton & All-American CB Brandon Holiday look to be the ball-hawkers. David Gilbert, Steve Darby, Anthony Smith and Brandon Clark anchor the defensive line.

Arizona State comes into this game looking to make a statement. Against a top 25 ranked opponent. With all expectations stacked up against them. Starting a true Frosh over a nice rated Senior. Is that right? Well, they do have one thing to look to. PLAYMAKERS. Boasting Cameron Marshall & Jamal Miles at running back. 96 & 94 speed sure can do the trick. If Wisconsin packs a defense, these guys might be the counter punch. While they don't have a standout offensive line. They do have Evan Finkenberg. All 6'4 313 pounds of him. The (RS)Senior All-American will look to sink the anchors of the opposing defensive line. ASU's defense has some weaknesses but they make up for it in the linebacking & secondary units.

Seasons are on the line. Bragging rights on the line. Coaching jobs, on the line. Don't touch that remote, grab a beer & some appetizers.

The more I look at this match-up the more I fall in love with it. This should be one for the ages. Good luck fellas.

2. controllerabuser

Wisconsin pulls this one out. Wiscy looks damn good on paper.

*kicks self for letting frisky take them*

3. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

You realize, you will now take the brunt of my abuse to make sure I keep my winning record against rivals promise intact for my recruits. That is your punishment from me for letting Frisk take Wisci.

Mike

4. controllerabuser

:D That would have been the case, say, maybe, a couple years ago. Minnesota takes no abuse anymore. We give it out.

5. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

Go BIG 10!!

6. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

Pac-10 all the way!

7. TD351

TD351 Walk On

Wow, GOW as opener in my first full season....I think ASU can win, but whether we will win remains to be seen- we will need to execute well and keep the Badger defense guessing.....And a timely fumble or INT sure would come in handy- I think ASU needs to be + in the turnover dept to stand any chance- This is not one of those games where we can get away with -2 on turnovers.

8. TD351

TD351 Walk On

I started out OK, but Wisconsin took over- got ugly in the INT department. I'm sure Frisk will have more summary at some point. Good Game Frisk!