GOW : Week 4

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by controllerabuser, Oct 22, 2010.

?

Who gets the victory?

1. Oregon

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. ASU

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

#17 [​IMG] @ #22 [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    #17 Oregon travels to the land of the Sun Devils to square off with #22 Arizona State. Should be an old fashioned West Coast shootout as both teams are ranked in the top 25 in PPG. How they've managed to do that, I do not know since both offenses are ranked in the 100's. The big advantage in this one goes to ASU's defense. They are going to need it for sure to stop or contain Sir LaMichael James.​
    Oregon comes in 1-1 after defeating New Mexico but dropping one in SEC country to Tennessee. Can Darron Thomas lead the Ducks to a victory against this stingy Sun Devil squad? We are in for a treat! Luckily, he has some play-makers to help him out. LaMichael James comes in with 250 yards rushing and 4 touchdowns. Thomas' main target is Junior TE David Paulson who has grabbed 10 balls so far for 220 yards and 2 touchdowns. Oregon's defense is anchored by Senior MLB Casey Matthews who leads the way with 16 total tackles so far with 12 of them being solo.​
    Arizona State is led by RS Junior Steven Threet who has been brilliant so far. Threet has completed 58.6% of his passes while throwing 356.5 yards per game so far. 713 yards with 4 touchdowns and only 1 interception. Not very good in the run game but look out if you are a Duck DB. Gerrell Robinson is killing kids out there with 7 receptions for 263 yards and 2 touchdowns. Right behind him is Aaron Pflugrad & Kerry Taylor who both have over 150 yards receiving. This defense gets after it. Coming into this game, they have 3 defensive touchdowns and 2 interceptions.​
    My prediction- I think Arizona State is an up and comer. Cimmy is trying to get the program going again. With a win here I see this program taking a step in the right direction!​

2. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

I gotta go with my boy NRG on this one, I think he'll get Oregon back on track with a big win here.

3. controllerabuser

PAC TEN HOMER

4. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Haha gotta rep my conference! I was right last time with my WSU pick

5. controllerabuser

WOW.. FAIL on my part. They are both Pac Ten teams.. LMAO

6. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Haha I was just about to comment on that! Anyways, Threet is absolutely beasting it in the passing game, so I'm going to have to throw some different looks on defense and mix it up to hopefully confuse Cimmy...although I doubt that will happen lol. I gotta have a better gameplan than I did against Tennesee, as I probably put too much pressure on James to produce.

With that being said, I predict an all-out scorefest. Oregon wins 48-45 on a game winning field goal in regular time. No OT...regular time!

7. Big D

Big D Walk On

I gotta go with Cimmy here and the ASU Sun Devils. They could be the suprise of the year!

8. controllerabuser

This is actually looking to be a real interesting game. Can't wait to see the results!

9. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

I went Oregon. They are such a fast damn team. NRG plays well to his team strengths, I have seen it first hand. I can't point to any area where ASU would have the edge except Coach Cimmy's experience. Will it be enough?

10. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Some of ya'll are underestimating my defense...

Arizona St...by at least 2 scores.

11. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Cimmy, hopefully you don't end up with "funds not available" on that check you just wrote^. LOL

12. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Bulletin board material for my boys in green, yellow, white, black, etc