GOW : Week 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by controllerabuser, Aug 10, 2010.

?

Who wins?

1. TCU

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Boise State

100.0%
  1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

#15 TCU @ #1 Boise State

[​IMG]

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    [​IMG]
    Rankings ​
    [​IMG]
    B+ Overall Rating A-
    A Offensive Rating A+
    B+ Defensive Rating B+
    28.5(#45) Points per Game 26.0(#53)
    1461(#59) Total Offense 1241(#85)
    793(#6) Rush Offense 505(#44)
    668(#90) Pass Offense 736(#69)
    1245(#86) Total Defense 1157(#68)
    344(#60) Rush Defense 248(#27)
    901(#87) Pass Defense 909(#89)
    -2(#82) Turnover Differential 2(#35)

Week 5 beholds a big match-up not only in the MWC but for college football as a a whole. For a long time, the Boise State Broncos, TCU Horned Frogs, and Utah Utes have been slandered for not playing top-level competition. That day is now in the past as Boise State has grasped that #1 ranking now for 2 weeks in a row after defeating then #1 Oregon. Yet being ranked #1 during the season just isn't good enough. We all want to hoist that crystal ball in the end and say we are #1! Boise State will get that chance this week to prove they are worthy against their new conference foe.

Boise State comes in with a perfect 4-0 record. They beat Colorado, Nevada and Idaho pretty easy with a combined score of 83-30. We all know they took care of Oregon in Autzen. Which is pretty meaningful considering the rivalry that has emerged in recent years. Kellen Moore is the obvious leader of the team. Not beautiful stats but ones that will get you to another day. Tossing 9 touchdowns and only 4 interceptions so far. Jeremy Avery comes into Week 5 with 66 carries for 333 yards, 2TD. Look for Boise State to try to establish the run this week. Titus Young and Austin Pettis are the go to duo at receiver. Combining for 29 receptions, 517 yards and 5TD. College football's own T.O. and Ochocinco. Leading the way on the defensive side of the ball is Daron Mackey with 34 total tackles. 23 of them solo and 11 assisted with 5TFL.

TCU marches into Boise with 1 loss. A tough one to #16 Oregon State in Week 1, 24-31. After that they went on a tear. Beating Baylor at home 38-17. This team is experienced with playing on the road. Defeating TAMU and SMU. The Horned Frogs are lead by Andy Dalton who has been near perfect in his touchdown to interception ratio. Dalton is 39-80 throwing for 627 yards with 4 TD, 1INT. Matthew Tucker is in beast mode. 71 carries for 512 yards and 3TD. Tucker averages more than 100 yards a game. So, if Tucker can meet his average, look for TCU to have a very easy day. TCU likes to spread the ball. Antione Hicks comes in with 10 receptions for 200 yard, 2TD. Tank Carder leads the way on defense. 29 total tackles, 19 of them being solo.

I am going with the underdog in this one. Even though it is on the road at the Smurf Turf, I think Matthew Tucker will be too much and we will have a new #1 next week.

2. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Gotta go with Boise in this one, there's no reason to doubt BobJR's abilities, and Tuco is a bit of an unknown at this point for me.

3. controllerabuser

Just trying to spark some discussion.. How come you are going with Boise State?

4. Jam.

Because he beat you, basically :D

5. controllerabuser

Fucker.. LOL..

I don't know what I want more. If he loses, I move up in the polls. If he wins, will that impact me in the BCS rankings?

6. Jam.

I'm not sure. I don't think you'll get into the NC title game if he finishes the season undefeated, so I'd hope for a loss

7. Big D

Big D Walk On

I'm goin with TCU here. They've played me tougher than anybody else and they've done it twice....gotta give my boy some love!

8. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

TCU. The only large statistical difference is TCU's running game. I think that gives them the edge. The T.O. difference is concerning for TCU.

9. controllerabuser

There are only 6 votes. We got 12 members, come on guys!

10. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

In THE most entertaining game I have yet to play on 11, Boise outlasts TCU 41-38 in overtime. After a pick-six, TCU fell behind 28-7 mid-way thru the third quarter. The Frogs rallied to tie the game on the arm of Andy Dalton at 28 with under two minutes left in the game. Kellen Moore, who was unbelievable, marches the Broncos into short field goal range to win the game. Using a run play to set up the FG position, Boise RB Avery fumbles and the game goes to overtime. Both teams score TD's in first overtime and in the second, Boise makes a key third down stop to force a Frog FG. The Broncos get the ball in the end zone to win a classic.

Fantastic game Bob jr
    That was a lot of fun

11. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Damn I heard it was a crazy game! I hope you uploaded vids and pics bob!!

12. controllerabuser

Yeah, nice job Bobby! Can't wait to read the write up!

13. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

post game pressers for both coaches have been up