GOW : Week 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by controllerabuser, Oct 25, 2010.

1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Jul 6, 2009
    #10 Penn State rumbles into Kinnick Stadium this week to face off with the #3 Iowa Hawkeyes. PSU's coach Ricky Bobby looks to "shake and bake" to an upset over their Big Ten foe. Iowa is looking much better on offense as they have the #16th rush offense and #27th pass offense. They also dominate on defense with the #6th ranked rush defense.​
    This one is hard to predict. Unless the Nittany Lions can get some turnovers to create some momentum, it is going to be a long day. Iowa has proven itself this year by beating a tough user team in the Cal Bears, 20-3. They also pummeled CMU, Iowa State and Ball State. Iowa, led by Senior QB Ricky Stanzi has thrown for over 1,000 yards already with 9 touchdowns but has tossed 4 picks so far. Adam Robinson & "Don't touch my" Jewel Hampton have combined for 91 carries while gaining 607 yards with 11 touchdowns. Those two are killer bees coming out of the backfield looking to sting. The leading receivers are Marvin McNutt and Allen Reisner who both have over 250 yards receiving and 3 touchdowns a piece. The defensive looks to be anchored by Jeff Tarpinian and Shaun Prater who have 42 tackles together.​
    Penn State might have a better win under their belts as they defeated the #4 Alabama Crimson Tide in Tuscaloosa. PSU also beat Temple and Kent State. It looks as though Penn State is turning to Robert Bolden, a sensational freshman who has thrown for 518 yards with 4 touchdowns to only 1 interception. Evan Royster has 70 carries for 378 yards and 5 touchdowns. He is averaging 126 yards per game. The Nittany Lions will rely on him to control the clock and keep Iowa's offense off the field. Devon Smith and Kevin Haplea lead the way for this receiving core. Combined, they have 20 receptions for 528 yards with 4 touchdowns. Defensively, look for Khairi Fortt to lay the lumber on those Iowa running backs. This Penn State defense gets after the QB coming in with 12 sacks to date.​
    I am picking Iowa to roll all over this Nittany Lion squad. What's your call?​

2. Big D

Big D Walk On

Oct 8, 2009
    I just think that Mike is playing this NCAA game as good as anybody on this site really. Nothing against Bob, but I would pick Mike (if he has a talented team, which he does) against anybody right now.

Hawkeyes 31, Nittany Lions 14
  3. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Jul 11, 2009
    Iowa D rattles Newsome or whoever is playing QB for PSU. Iowa by 10
  4. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Jul 6, 2009
    Mike with that Iowa defense....Newsome or Bolden, whoever is QB is still inexperienced and in season 1....

Iowa 28 PSU 10
  5. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Jun 3, 2010
    Featured Threads:
    There was no rolling over....you arse's! JK...nobody has faith in me?! It was a good game and Iowa won, so you guys predicitions were right. But now I am coming for you CA.....