Grade Your Draft

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Jan 31, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Grade Your Draft

Post your draft thoughts and grades for your team

2. natedawg212000

Saints came into this draft with the #1 overall pick already signed and ready.

1.1 - QB J. English. 85 ov, 71 sp, 97 thp, 86 tha, 97 inj. Hes gonna be a Saints until 2011. Grade - A+

1.7 - HB J. Keller 81 ov, 99 sp, 70 str, 97 agi, 98 acc, 65 trk, 92 elu, 92 spm, 93 jkm, 70 car, 68 cat. another great pick up. I didn't know what to go with here, I took a chance that the T i wanted would be there in round 2, but he ended up getting picked 2 spots ahead of me. Grade - B

2.18 - WR M. Blansit 72 ov, 92 sp, 62 str, 93 agi, 95 acc, 85 awr, 96 elu, 86 spm, 98 juk, 77 cat. Big kid at 6'3". I had to rush this pick because i was busy and not ready. Decent wr that i think i can do things with. maybe not the best pick, but decent. Grade - C+

3.2 - DE R. Maeweather 64 ov, 85 sp, 65 str, 74 agi, 88 acc, 65 jmp, 70 tak. Another rushed pick. Again, maybe not the best pick, but the kids got burner speed and will add a new dimension to our defense. For the spot, not bad. Grade B-

3.18 - DT T. Dallas 64 ov, 65 sp, 94 str, 78 acc, 62 jmp, 78 tak. This was a strong spot on my team but I couldnt pass up this diamond in a rough. I feel this kid could be a starter on my team right away. He may turn out to be not so hot, but I love the guy. Grade - C +

4.18 - RT B. Sanders 69 ov, 60 sp, 84 str, 70 acc, pbk 82, rbk 74. I know what your thinking - a waste. I think though this kid could be something special. His overall pbk and rbk isn't anything to write home about, but he may start, or at least be a very good back up. I like it since I didnt get my main guy. Grade - C

Overall I think this was a great draft for my team. I got younger, faster, and I think better play makers. time will tell what is really good and not so good from this draft. A few rookie fa's could put this as a top OMFL Class. Overall Grade - B

3. natedawg212000

Saints came into this draft with the #1 overall pick already signed and ready.

1.1 - QB J. English. 85 ov, 71 sp, 97 thp, 86 tha, 97 inj. Hes gonna be a Saints until 2011. Grade - A+

1.7 - HB J. Keller 81 ov, 99 sp, 70 str, 97 agi, 98 acc, 65 trk, 92 elu, 92 spm, 93 jkm, 70 car, 68 cat. another great pick up. I didn't know what to go with here, I took a chance that the T i wanted would be there in round 2, but he ended up getting picked 2 spots ahead of me. Grade - B

2.18 - WR M. Blansit 72 ov, 92 sp, 62 str, 93 agi, 95 acc, 85 awr, 96 elu, 86 spm, 98 juk, 77 cat. Big kid at 6'3". I had to rush this pick because i was busy and not ready. Decent wr that i think i can do things with. maybe not the best pick, but decent. Grade - C+

3.2 - DE R. Maeweather 64 ov, 85 sp, 65 str, 74 agi, 88 acc, 65 jmp, 70 tak. Another rushed pick. Again, maybe not the best pick, but the kids got burner speed and will add a new dimension to our defense. For the spot, not bad. Grade B-

3.18 - DT T. Dallas 64 ov, 65 sp, 94 str, 78 acc, 62 jmp, 78 tak. This was a strong spot on my team but I couldnt pass up this diamond in a rough. I feel this kid could be a starter on my team right away. He may turn out to be not so hot, but I love the guy. Grade - C +

4.18 - RT B. Sanders 69 ov, 60 sp, 84 str, 70 acc, pbk 82, rbk 74. I know what your thinking - a waste. I think though this kid could be something special. His overall pbk and rbk isn't anything to write home about, but he may start, or at least be a very good back up. I like it since I didnt get my main guy. Grade - C

Overall I think this was a great draft for my team. I got younger, faster, and I think better play makers. time will tell what is really good and not so good from this draft. A few rookie fa's could put this as a top OMFL Class. Overall Grade - B

4. dritsch

dritsch Walk On

1. OLB Josh Sneed 84ovr A potential

2. OLB Torrian Watts 84ovr A potential

3. FS Prince Justin 79ovr A potential

4. DT Pat Lopez 79ovr B potential

5. FB Erik Pollard 83ovr A potential

Missed out on a few guys I wanted when they were taken 1-2 spots before me, but overall very pleased. B+

5. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

Dolphins rookie draft picks
    -------------------------

1st round, 3rd overall pick Mack Jackson. Mack will no doubt be the memory of this draft for the Dolphins. Mack is a MLB who will convert to ROLB. This move may have surprised a few gm's out there since sneed and watts were natually outiside. grade A+

2nd round, 35th overall pick SS Rashad Henderson. Rashad wasn't expected to be here at this pick. We fell into a draft the best player for our team needs situation and brought in Henderson to start immediately. P.Lopez was going to be the pick here. We will go with an A- on this one since he will be a starter coming in.

3rd round, 67th overall pick TE Phoenix Bible. This kid was another guy who we switched up for since our DT target wound up being gone in the third. At this point we scrapped defense in the draft and decided to get some guys who could help us put points on the board. We're gonna go with a C on this pick because we already have two top tier TE's in Scaife(FA) and Fasano. Don't be surprised when this guy makes a splash though!

4th round 99th overall pick WR Ruben Barter. This guy is a very elusive player who can help put defenses on edge. The top 4 WR's on our board didn't slip to the second round, but this guy was a nice late find and should slowly work his way into the offense. Grade B

*Overall opinion of our draft is that we made out just fine. Overall grade is an A-/B+ and we favor the A- side of that evaluation. With the two key FA adds and a returning bunch of starters the Dolphins will be looking to make a serious push with coach TRude's irst season in the OMFL.

6. Big D

Big D Walk On

I'm not going to grade my draft since I didn't have any picks in the top 50.

But I think without a doubt the 49ers had the best draft. They added 2 STUD OLBs and a STUD safety. That defense is lighning quick now and is going to be scary.

Really I was a little suspicious of his strategy to trade away talent for draft picks, especially the way the draft is set up here. But he made me a believer. A+++ for the Niners!

7. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

Patriots only had 1 pick in the 3rd round and landed 6"5 Wide Receiver Azaveous Phelps another tall WR to go along with Randy Moss. He will entering camp tomorrow competing with Matthew Slater and Ashley Lelie for the 4th spot on the depth chart behind Julius Elderman. He is already listed as the tallest Patriot receiver on the team surpassing Randy Moss by 1 inch and has a the hands to go along with his size and strength.

Patriots also are now active in FA to fill holes they were not able to fill in the draft.

So far having a good camp - CB Darius Butler, WR Julius Elderman and CB Jonathan Wilhite.

8. dritsch

dritsch Walk On

Hehe thanks. Hopefully Willis appreciates the help lol.

9. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

Great Draft Niners!!!

10. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

For some reason they have QB Kelly James at 43 years old, no wonder he slipped tp me!!!! hahahaha should that be fixed or what?

11. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

1. Kelly James QB 84 ovr. A potential

2. Julian Craft CB 73 ovr. A potential

3. Demetrius Giggs LG 78 ovr. B potential

4. Desi Bass RG 71 ovr. B potential

5. Donfred Barnes CB low ovr. 95 speed. 99 return

Broncos grade B ( cant believe Javon Jackson fell to 2nd. REALLY cant believe HB Mata almost fell to me in 4th.)

12. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Ravens stuck to their "Best Player Available" philosophy and believes they had a great draft as a result. The Ravens were told that there could be no good players found in round 3 in an online franchise draft, but was able to secure a backup Center that could start soon, their starting LE and power running back that will be heavy in the rotation on short yardage runs.

1st (4th overall) - SS Will Barkey - 84 overall, "A" potential. Will be the Ravens starting SS to begin the season.

2nd (36th overall) - LT Javon Jackson - 84 overall. "A" potential. Ravens were SHOCKED this massive LT made it to them in the 2nd. Had him as my #6 overall player in the draft. Will be the primary backup at all Oline positions and will get a lot of play at RG this season.

2nd (52nd overall) - LE Raevon Hines - 68 overall. "A" potential. A bit of a project, but love his upside. Will be part of the new 4-3 Defensinve lineman rotation with a chance to start as eary as next season.

3rd (68th overall) - C Brandon Attkinson - 77 overall. "B" potential. 2nd best Center on my board. Expected him to be gone in the 2nd. will back up new FE singing Jamaal Jackson. Can also slide over to both Guard spots if needed.

3rd (70th overall) - RB Deion Miller - 75 overall. "B" potential. A power back at only 5'7". The Ravens loved his toughness. He will back up Ray Rice and Lawrence Maroney at RB.

3rd (84th overall) - LE Davarius Purdie - 76 overall. "B" potential. Has a chance to start a LE to open the season. Can also play some OLB.

4th (100th overall) - P Wes Becker - 43 overall. "A" potential. Losing starting Punter Sam Koch in the off-season, the Ravens targeted this pick for Becker and hoped he was still available. Counting only 1 pt for a starting Punter will such good potential was a key to the Ravens draft.

4th (101 overall) - TE Zach Vega - 65 overall. The Ravens wanted TE Phoenix bible with this pick, but he was taken a few picks before. Vega will be the 3rd TE this year with alot of opportunity to get playing time in the running game.

I would give my draft a B+. I would also like to nominate the 49ers for the best overall draft. Snead, Watts and justice is very impressive.

13. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Bucs draft grade overall: B. Can't complain too much as I only had two picks but tried to make them count.

3rd round - Xavier Moon, RT - This guy is a steal in the third round. With proper training he could overtake incumbent starting RT Jeremy Trueblood. Hell, he might take over now.

4th round - Jordan Kanda, RE - A raw pick in the 4th round, Jordan will provide some much needed depth at DE and DT. He's still learning the position, so expect him to play as a backup to starters Mathias Kiwanuka and Jarvis Moss. Might be ready in a year, but probably not this year barring injuries to starters.

14. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

I was really bummed that I could not make this first draft but I want to give thanks to the man Winuvas for making my picks for me and keeping me up to date as the draft happened.

Round 1
    DT Alain Jackson 79OVR 71Speed 96Strength A Potential- Jackson was just what the docter ordered for the Falcons D-line. After switching from a 4-3 to a 3-4 last season the Falcons truly never had a run stopping DT and I think with Jackson we got the perfect fit. A-

Round 2
    LE Axel Onyegbule 76OVR 86Stregth 85Accel B Potential- I really wanted to pick up some help for the secondary with this pick but all CB's that would have been able to contribute were gone. This was a great pick though as Onyegbule will take over starting LE. I think he gives us an even stronger front against the run in a division that is stacked at the RB position.

Round 3
    WR Carlos St. Stevens 64OVR 88Speed B potential- With this guy still available late in the 3rd we just couldnt pass this one up. He has decent hieght at 6'2" and decent speed. He probably won't see a lot of snaps this year but I think we can develop him into a quality WR.

Round 4
    LB Micheal Milton 79speed D Potential- Milton probably wont be seeing many snaps on defense although he does have the speed to eventually make it onto the field in some nickel situations. I think he will be a good addition to special teams though.

Overall I give this draft a B to B+. We gained alot of strength on our Dline and a good work in progress at WR.

15. natedawg212000

sam, it just says that on the madden website, NOT on the game. its a bug.

16. VishaL

VishaL OMFL Eagles / PMFL Seahawks

1sr round 26. Ameriol Jones SS 79ovr
    "We had him in our top 10 on the big board with ALL PLAYERS in the Draft, including english and everyone, could not believe he was there at 26, i was trying move to 17 to grab a SS or FS or linebacker, but im glad we stay patient and got 1 of out of my personally made draft board top ten" A+

2nd round 9. WR Robert Toliver 64ovr
    "Maybe a reach but with the next pick only 3 slots away, i wanted a playmaker out the draft so , add 6'5 94speed to D. Jackson, Maclin, Curtis Wr Corp. Enough said, to be honest if Jones was gone at 26, Lookin at my personal draft board it woulda been between a LOLB and Toliver at 26" B+

2nd round 12. Jelon Harris LOLB 59ovr
    "Also could be a reach, But we Hung out and had some cheese steaks, and What we want to do on defense i kno he can be the Captin of our Defense " B

2nd round 26. OLB Aaron Oakley 63ovr
    " With alot of LBs left still at this point in the draft , Maybe also considered a reach but he was our guy, we had him personally rated higher than other ovrall higher rated LBs still left " B

3rd round 26. LG Colby Miller 77ovr
    This Value at the end of the 3rd Rd, Shocked with his 64 speed and 96 strength that he was still there, simply the BPA on our Personal Draft List" B+

3rd round 27. MLB Crosby Bumpers 50ovr
    "We Knew and quite frankly everyone knew linebackers was the Eagles biggest weakness, my personall evaluation Bumpers Was a Diamond in the ruff, and completes my 3 New starting Linebackers all coming from the draft, i no longer consider it a weakness but we will show the doubters" C+

4th round 26. LE Joseph Ruggs 67ovr
    "BPA 82 Speed 88 strength, end of the 4th round and the draft, what better value can you ask for?" B

4th round 27. CB Corey Ray 57ovr
    "Needed a Dime Back and a Special Teamer and the 95 speed didnt hurt" C-

17. VishaL

18. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

I didnt want the bug to retire him after his rookie season!!!!

19. natedawg212000

again, its just on the website, not the game. in the game their ages are correct.

20. VishaL

i know this is very old but madden 10 is just about over so i wanted to stroll down memory lane, i had a great first draft, everyone drafted has been a key contributor, like dunlap said in the podcast if you build your team and stay active it really helps in the longrun!

21. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

All I remember is lots of disappointment in Tampa Bay. Picked up D. McFadden, Tommy Kelly, Ben Roethlisberger, Antonio Bryant, had Chris Cooley, got Lawrence Timmons and Keith Rivers....man I had a helluva offseason. And promptly stunk the joint up.

Oh well. Sometimes the best GM in the world can't overcome a bad coach. lol

22. natedawg212000

Saints loved their drafts, several starters and several key contributers who helped build a NFC South winning team. Man I'll miss this team. :(

23. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

I got joe week 1..... ughhh, but at least cambell is no warner... and i got this easy win after my bye, just another team that wont make the playoffs in the phins.

24. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

You mean Savaunte. Joe is the Packers.

25. joseph201105

joseph201105 OMFL- Oakland Raiders

I loved my drafts they turned into good trades and being able to turn a 4-3 team into a 3-4 team was fun along with making great runs at the OMFL bowl for 2 years and winning the toilet bowl in season 1 after joining in week 17