Graham Harrell Headed To CFL

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by jmillhimes, Jul 17, 2009.

1. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Graham Harrell Headed To CFL

REGINA, Saskatchewan (AP)â€â€ÂGraham Harrell is headed to the CFL.

The record-setting Texas Tech quarterback signed with the Saskatchewan Roughriders on Thursday.

Harrell is the NCAA Division I career leader in touchdown passes but wasn’t drafted by the NFL. His workout with the Cleveland Browns did not result in a contract.

Harrell had to fight the perception that his numbers were the product of Texas Tech’s offensive system and he didn’t have the arm strength to succeed in the NFL.

The Roughriders are already two games into their season and have three quarterbacks on their roster. Their starter is former North Carolina quarterback Darian Durant, who had only four career CFL starts coming into the season.

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Its amazing how different college football is over the pros. It is basically a whole different game.

#1 college player = Coaching High School football

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

It is pretty crazy, but I mean..

football is football..

and sure he is not a millionaire, but atleast he got to experience what he did while getting an education for FREE

4. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    If you call going to Texas Tech an education... ba dum chish!

Anyone besides me see this coming? He's lucky to be in any league outside of college. His arm strength is slightly above average at the college level. His accuracy, Tech's system and a solid WR corps every year he was at TT was the reason he seemed so effective.

Besides all the measurements, his workouts were pathetic. He was showed up by a host of different QB prospects at the combine, his pro day was basically the Crabtree show, and his individual interviews with teams were mediocre at best.

5. Yeah definitely not a surprise here, he's just following the likes of countless Texas Tech QB's who had immense success in college and nothing of the sort after (Sonny Cumbie, Cody Hodges, B.J. Symons, Kliff Kingsbury)

6. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

I see that the U of H Qb is rated 2nd or 3rd in College Football...Another QB headed into CFL or Arena? Perhaps someone with a shot in the NFL

7. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Keenum is a good QB. We will see how his workouts go.