Grambling State/Jackson State Dynasty

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by GSUtiger, Sep 18, 2011.

1. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

Welcome All to the Grambling State/Jackson State Dynasty or Jackson State/Grambling State Dynasty(if you ask bigtubb he will put his school first). This will be a two player dynasty with myself controlling Grambling and bigtubb controlling Jackson State. We will be in the MAC with a couple other HBCU teams that will replace all current MAC schools. We hope you enjoy as we try to take our schools to the next level of Powerhouse Names.​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

3. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

4. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

[​IMG]
    QB: Joe Kennedy our JR starting QB, will have to read coverages and get it to the open man to make plays. Joes is also able to escape the pocket and use his legs for big gains if needed.
    [​IMG]
    RB: Roshaun Easley our starting RB. This SR has breakaway speed if he gets into the open field. He will also be used to make some catches in open space to create mismatches.
    [​IMG]
    Our front 7 on Defense will need to put pressure on the QB like the did all during fall camp. Just like this photo shows they sacked the QB knocked the ball loose and took it to the house
    [​IMG]

5. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

[​IMG]

Jackson State University
    2011 Prospectus

[​IMG]

QB Casey Therriault
    [​IMG]
    Signal caller Casey Therriault had one of the best single season performances in JSU history, tying several Tiger records. He will look to become the sole owner of JSU passing records during his junior year. He is​
    also on the 2011 Walter Payton Award Preseason Watch List.​

HB B.J. Hill
    [​IMG]
    A two-star Rivals.com prospect, B.J. Lee played in 11 games and finished the season as the team’s leading rusher with 439 yards and two touchdowns on 99 carries, had a long run of 32 yards, averaged 4.4 yards per carry, tied for third on the team with 34 receptions for 325 yards and a touchdown, long receiving play of the season was 52 yards, led the team in kick returns with 369 yards on 13 attempts​

LB/DB Tim Dandridge
    [​IMG]
    Tim Dandridge (a Minnesota transfer) played in 11 games... finished third on the team with 63 tackles (39 solo) and five tackles for loss... he also had three interceptions, one pass breakups and three quarterback hurries... made his first start as a JSU Tiger in the season opener against Delta State... he recorded two interceptions and returned one 30 yards for a touchdown and had eight tackles against Delta State. At Minnesota: 2008 Appeared in 12 games as a reserve defensive back and on special teams as a freshman...​

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

[​IMG]
    We are here on College football live to take a look at the 2011 season and the new look MAC Conference.​
    [​IMG]
    1st things first the new look MAC Conference and the new names of its Divisions. The MAC went from a 13 team league to a 12 team league dropping all previous team and replacing them with HBCU schools. Those schools are: Grambling State, Jackson State, FAMU, Bethune Cookman, Hampton, South Carolina State, Alcorn State, Southern University, Texas Southern, Prairie View, Tennessee State and Alabama State. The Divisions were renamed to Black and Blue. With User coach GSUtiger in the Black and Coach Bigtubb in the Blue. There have also been some protected rival games with the big one being the head to head match every between the two coaches. With the winner of this coming out with Major Bragging rights. But the fun doesn't end if both teams win their respective Division they will lock horns again in the Conference Championship game.​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Both Divisions are set with fierce rivalries so it should be fun to see how this new look MAC turns out.​

[​IMG]
    Can the SEC make it 5 straight BCS National Championships?​
    We will find out if the preseason #1 Oklahoma can stop that from happening. #2 Alabama and #4 LSU don't have easy roads to the rings but they are determined not to let the SEC Dominance slip on their watch. Is this the year the PAC 12 gains any respect with #3 Standford and #5 Oregon sitting high in the polls? Does Florida State make their long awaited return to the top of the college football world? Lets not forget about the non AQ guys Boise and TCU. They both face tough games earlier but if they can win it will make thing interesting in week 12.​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

[​IMG]

Coaches Corner:
    1. How does it feel to take over as coach of your beloved JSU?

--I'm ecstatic. This is my dream job. I have always wanted to be the coach of the best HBCU in the country (although I know a coach and school down I-20 will have a issue with my previous statement). Now its time to take my team and this school to the top.​

2. What are you thoughts on your team?

--My team is filled with skill position and special team players. I believe that my team has potential. Recruiting should help.

3. What game or games are you looking forward to this year?

--Alcorn, Southern, Southern Miss, UConn and Grambling

4. How do you feel you will fair in the MAC Blue Divison?

Finish #1 or #2

5. What do you think your final record will be?

6-6​

• Like Like x 1
  8. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Welcome KGRM 91.5 Home of Your Grambling State Univeristy Tigers. We are here today to bring you the first of our monthly Coach GSUtiger Radio Shows. We have a couple a questions we want to ask coach while he is here.​

How does it feel coming back to Grambling where you once played?
    It feels great! I have always wanted to come back to Grambling and now I have been given the chance. Things look alot different then when i was here but you know what they say "Once a TIGER always a TIGER"

What are you thoughts on your team and who are your leaders?
    I like how our team is sitting coming out of fall camp. Our two Captains are: QB Joe Kennedy and MLB Jake Siegel. We have some good players on Offense lead by Kennedy. RBs Roshaun Easley and Tim Burrell will have to make plays running and catching the ball. Our weakest parts as of now would have to be our Offensive line and our Secondary. If we can get some solid recruits we can fix those holes no problem.

What game or games are you looking forward to this year?
    La Tech, Jackson State, South Carolina State and Southern Univesity.
    La Tech: We are only 5 miles apart so it should be interesting to see how this one turns out.
    [​IMG]
    Jackson State: We want to prove we are the best Tigers not only on I-20 but in the MAC. I know Coach Bigtubb will have his team ready to bring their A game when the travel to Grambling.
    [​IMG]
    South Carolina State: A team that was found in the MEAC but now they are in our division in the MAC so it will kind of be an old SWAC/MEAC Challenge.

Southern: Well in the state of Louisiana it gets no bigger than the annual Bayou Classic! I can lose every game but when that one and that will be all that matters or I can win every game and lose the classic and people will start calling for me to get fired.
    [​IMG]

How do you feel you will fair in the MAC Black Divison?
    We have one goal and that is to win the Division. If we don't win it we hope to finish no worst than 2nd. No game will be easy in this Division or in the MAC period but we will look to come out on top!

5. What do you think your final record will be?
    Bowl Game Baby! 7-6 with a win in the MAC Championship game over Jackson State
    [​IMG]

9. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

[​IMG]
    Here are your Preseason MAC All-Americans from Grambling State and Jackson State:
    GSU: RS SR Dustin Prater 1st Team C
    JSU: RS SR Clint Mansfield 1st Team RT
    JSU: RS SR Bryan Bowers 1st Team DT
    JSU: SR Anthony Johnson 1st Team CB
    JSU: RS SR Donavan Robinson 2nd Team RE
    GSU: SR Phillip Hand 2nd Team DT

Preseason Polls
    Jackson State #66
    Grambling State #67

• Like Like x 1
  11. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Kickoff: Sun, Aug 28 @ 12:00PM​

Pregame: This is opening week, anything can happen. This week we have FCS West traveling to take on Grambling State. Who has moved up from the FCS level to FBS. Will they make a statement in their first ball game as a FBS member?​

Coach Thoughts: We are ready to get the season started. We are not over looking FCS West because we were an FCS team last season so we know they can possibly beat us. We have the home crowd in our corner and hope not to disappoint.​

12. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

[​IMG]

Week 1 saw Grambling take down FCS West 42-10. Coach was pleased with his teams performance. QB Kennedy went 11-16, 300yds. RB Easley had a nice day on the ground as well. The Defense came out sluggish but picked it up as the game went on. This is nothing to brag about as coach told his players this is what expected now that we are FBS members. Up next the G-Men will travel 5 miles down the road to Ruston, LA to face LA Tech.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

side note the wire didn't load game info so i had to do a recap this way.​

13. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kickoff: Sun, Aug 28 @ 12:00PM

Pregame: Jackson State Universities legacy and tradition as a HBCU traditional power takes on a new role when they open against FCS Southeast. The Tigers are one of 12 HBCU's who made the jump to the FBS ranks. Hopefully, the blue bengals make a giant splash as a new D-1 program​

Coach Thoughts: Lets Go​

• Like Like x 1
  14. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Kickoff: Sun, Sep 4 @ 12:00PM​

Pregame: This will be a MAC vs WAC battle between two of the colleges located in northern Louisiana on I-20. Grambling has a record of 1-0 while this is the first game of the year for LA Tech. The schools are only located 5 miles apart so the crowd will definitely be into this one from start to finish.​

Coach Thoughts: I saw good things from our team last week but this will be our first real test of the season. Can we get it done? I think so.​

• Like Like x 1
  15. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Kickoff: Sat, Sep 17 @ 12:30PM​

Pregame: Have the Tigers regrouped with the bye last week? This week the G-Men host Indiana. Indiana comes into the contest with a record of 2-0. IU ranks better than the Tigers in alot of categories. IU is rated B- Overall. The G-Men enter this week with a record of 1-1. They have averaged 33pts per game.​

Coach Thoughts: We had a good week of practice. The guys are ready to play in front of the home crowd. We need this one! plan and simple.​

17. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. djnnfl

djnnfl Walk On

wish i could of gotten into this, this is tight! is this a 2 player dynasty only?

• Like Like x 1
  19. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

yeah its only two players. i had a single player going but when i went to restart it bigtubb wanted in. so i let the homie to control his school instead of letting the cpu control them like i had in my single player dynasty

20. djnnfl

djnnfl Walk On

cool, if ya'll open this up let me know, i use BCU in my OD, it would be dope to get involve with others using HBCU teams.

21. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Kickoff: Sat, Oct 1 @ 12:30PM​

Pregame: This is the MAC opener for the both schools. The G-Men have a record of 1-2 on the year but have faced to pretty good schools. While Hampton is 3-1 but they have only faced FCS teams. Are they as good as their record? Grambling has put up more points but HU has put up more Offense. How will this MAC opener turn out?​

Coach Thoughts: We are ready to start MAC play. We have been ready for 2 weeks now having a bye last week. I know the crowd in Hampton, VA will come out in full force. The G-Men will come out on top write it down!​

22. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Week 6
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Coaches Corner:

1. How has the transition to the FBS gone?

--Not well. It seems that our guys are timid. After a blow out win versus a FCS school, our team has been smacked in the mouth. We have lost two embarrassing games. However, our last game shows promise. We have adjusted to the speed and strength of FBS teams. I feel we will be more competitive going forward.​

2. Did you think or believe you would have had a better start?

--Honestly, yes. I thought we would be 2-2 at worst and maybe 3-1 with luck. I knew Southern Miss and UConn would be tough. I thought we could beat Arkansas State.

3. If you had to speak to a fan about the season so far, what would you say?

--Have patience. This is our first year of FBS play. Our players need to understand this. The coaches preached and stressed the difference in level of play but the players had to experience the FBS speed and strength for themselves. We should do better from here.

4. How do you think your team will fair in conference play?

We will win our division and hopefully the conference.

5. Grambling is playing Hampton this week, what are your feelings about this game?
    They will win. I guess i'm a little bias towards the Swac schools (*laughs)

• Like Like x 1
  23. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Week 6 took us to Hampton, VA. We were able to get back on the winning side of things. We got our ground game going and our D played lights out. We were even able to get a pick 6. QB Kennedy was named player of the game.​

• Like Like x 1
  24. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to the October edition of the Coach GSUtiger radio show. We are glad to have coach here with us. Coach we have a couple quick questions for you today.​

How does it feel after getting your fist month of FBS level football out of the way?​
    It feels good. We have been to the battlefield. We played good teams out of the WAC and Big10. Our guys learned alot from those games and are looking forward to starting MAC play.

Speaking of MAC play, you guys played your first MAC game last week against Hampton how was it?​
    It felt good to knock heads with another HBCU school. Usually we wouldn't play Hampton because they were a MEAC school. Going there was a nice trip. We really didn't know what to expect but we were able to come out with the win.

How do you feel about the month of October?​
    I feel good about the month of October we have 3 games at home and 1 one the road. We started the month off great in Hampton. We have some tough games this month. Bigtubb and his Tigers come to town, along with Navy and Bethune Cookman. We end the month on the road against Tennessee State.

Your game against Jackson State is what we are looking forward to, how do you feel about that game?​
    Well just like us JSU has had a rough start to the season but they have a great coach. We will need to be on our A game that day and need all the fans from Tigerland to come out.

last question coach, How are things going on the recruiting trail?​
    Things have started out slow for us. We haven't had a guy commit yet. We are still out there hitting the our boards hard. We have a couple guys coming for the Bethune game. Hopefully over the next month we can sign some good players.

Thanks for you time coach and good luck this month.​

25. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Week 1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1