Gran Turismo 5

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Cimmy24, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

They need to list the cars. Probably will be Forza on steroids

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I played it at E3 and HATED IT.

Using a wheel and having a big screen etc. and driving a dodge viper ACR (great handling car) the thing seemed impossible to drive around even the simplest of corners on Nurburgring. I was fed up actually... lol

4. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Come on Helli! I've been DYING for this game for YEARS!

5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Sorry man maybe I'm just so used to Forza where race cars drive like race cars but holy shit this seemed lame.

6. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Haha, shit...no doubt Forza is a great game....my brother had the 360 before it got 3 consecutive RROD's and it about drove me to buy the 360 just for that game...I had actually hinted for it for Christmas one year...ended up getting the PS3....

7. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

Is this the one with Nascar?

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

yeah it's got nascar. They were also showing this thing in 3d

But like... Nobody could keep the car on the road at all. Its' a fast car but it's supposed to feel like you're driving a CAR, not a hydroplane! lol

9. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

hmmm...thats no good!

10. RFLAGG080

RFLAGG080 Walk On

I have a few friends that tried at e3 it and they really liked it also the tt demo was awesome...I refuse to compare it to forza, which I understand is a very good game, but so was gt1-4 and this is my most anticipated game ever.Gt has always aimed to be a sim game and the learning curb is higher then anything I have ever played on console. I am not too surprised that people would have a hard time in the e3 environment.
    As a favor can we keep the omg Forza is so much better or the Forza sucks nonsense away form here plenty of places on the net already have it.

11. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Seems like you really love GT, lol. One thing you must know/learn about TF: We don't review/bash games but every now and again we give our very honest opinions on 'em:D

12. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I was the biggest Gran Turismo fan I know. One of those "got every single gold in every game" types. I mean I almost didn't want an Xbox even though I felt it had a vastly superior library of games, because I didn't think anything could ever be better than Gran Turismo. I like certain things about Forza but #1 is they don't string me along for five years at a time trying to release the perfect game :D

I'm assuming that if I had more time with the game, I would grow to like it though.

Relax, dude. You're three posts in. There aren't many "fanboy" types around here I promise.

13. RFLAGG080

RFLAGG080 Walk On

Yeah sorry if I came off like I thought you we being a fanboy, that is not what I think. It is just I spend too much time on the net and the forza/gt thing is pretty heated most places. Glad to hear it won't get all stupid here.
    Yeah, the development time is really becoming an issue. Forza has put out what 3 games already on the 360? I have hope for the next one not taking near as long since they really dealt with a lot of things never before done with gt. I hope they either hire more people for the next or shallow some pride and outsource some of the more minor details of the game. I don't want another 5 to 6 year wait. Really holding out hope for a livery editor in gt5 as well I miss the race mods form gt1.:(

14. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Your straight dude. We just state how we feel about 'em. I couldn't wait any longer for GT so I bought a 360 two weeks ago. Then I read GT5 is coming out... my luck right.

15. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah man I mean, if they don't have a livery editor and car damage of some kind, my face will be a question mark as my little nephew used to say.

(it looks like this)

:confused: