Great Invention (Especially For Builder Leagues)

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by JerzeyReign, Aug 13, 2010.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Great Invention (Especially For Builder Leagues)

I found this guy on OS (PocketScout) and he writes web apps related to sports. I don't know what thread I was in but I looked in his signature and seen a application he wrote for a Coaching Contract that could be used in ODs. I am really impressed with this. It'll save commishes of career dynasties alot of time trying to choose what teams are available. It'll also add depth to ODs that are not region/conferece specific some depth to them by adding contracts.

Here is the very impressive app. And don't worry I'm going to hit him up right now and try to bring him over to TF:D

PocketScout

2. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

lol, is this a joke

[​IMG]

this is what showed up!....lol

3. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

hahaha

4. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

This could quite possibly be the greatest discovery ever...

[​IMG]

5. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

LMAO... my bad... I was working on that too, trying to shrink it down so I can make it my avatar.... It's fixed now... matter fact I'm checking it right now

6. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

lol that was awesome.

btw i believe the same guy has an iPhone app that turns recruit grades (i.e. Agility B+) into a ratings range (85 to 88 or whatever) and then also calculates the players likely overall (supposedly with input from EA on how to do it).

7. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Yeah he has that displayed on there too. Really not interested too much in that though since I like sitting there and actually recruit.

8. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Just sent him an email to see if he can take the calculations out to 3 years instead of just one and to also add a record vs. rivals. I'll let you know what he says if he replies to it.

9. PocketScout

PocketScout Walk On

Hi guys, I'm sitting in an airport in North Carolina waiting on a flight out of country when I read a msg from Jerzey. Just a disclaimer the app hates Internet explorer it's best to use safari firefox or chrome. With that said I'm hoping to get some time on the beach to fire up the laptop and add the coaching app to my free PC version of PocketScout.

The pc version reads your xbox dynasty save and outputs every recruit to an excel spreadsheet and shows all attributes and what they will be rated at each position. Some od's despise it while some have just created the file and sent it out to all members and it makes recruiting a real battle for top players. Again it was a personal battle I've had with this. I love havin the info but at the same time some people who are in od's can abuse it depending on there league rules.

I am going to get the web based coaching app ported into the pc app then look at really adding some much needed depth like things jersey mentioned and build out from there to possibly have a real contracts.

Ok boarding the flight. You guys have a good week and I'll check back in once back in country.

10. PocketScout

PocketScout Walk On

Also ea had no part in helping with the app. Just a couple hours playing around in teambuilder for the iPhone app. The pc one has been more involved since it requires breaking how ea stores data in the save files. But after writing some code to decipher and break it down to 1s and 0s it was pretty easy to break. Ok there's the all devices off msg. Have fun. I know I will :D

11. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I'm actually in your Google Code group, not that I have contributed much.

I am interested in the save file, I have an idea. Haven't had much time to work on it though.

12. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

This looks like a great idea, I would love to contribute if I could (referring to the PC app).

13. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Having that info for a dynasty would totally ruin recruiting. Everyone would just recruit the guys they know are good making it totally unrealistic. This has potential for other uses though

14. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

Is there an OD App?

15. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

That would be awesome. We can give you great input/feedback and you could make a little dough on the side because online dynasties everywhere should be interested in that.

Don't forget about us;)

16. PocketScout

PocketScout Walk On

Click Here to download v1.5

(v1.5) 20100823
    - Fixed issue where player could not enter information in Coaching Contract app. Also fixed a tab order issue.

(v1.4) 20100823
    - Adds Star Rating, Player Rankings, Natural Position OVR before player name, Tells if the player is an ATH, fixed Players OVR for non natural positions and it adds the Coaching Contract app.

Now that i have the Coaching Contract ported over I can start to add the features and depth that was impossible to add in a javascript.