Greatest NCAA Game You Have Ever Played

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by Kasper, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

For shits and giggles:

Simple- what is the best game you have ever played in NCAA? For me, it was one of two games this year: either my game against Philstyle3005 where he was mid release with his power house Michigan team and I was finally starting to get Wake Forest turned and heading in the right direction. I had him at home, and I would imagine he was top 10, probably top 5 (I can't remember for sure). We had a hell of a game and this one was big for me because I was convinced I was never going to be able to beat the guy, plus it was a sign of turning the corner at Wake.

OR

My double OT thriller vs Kapono a month or two ago after we did the reboot in OC. He had Toledo #2 in the country and I was sitting at something like 6-2 with Northern Illinois. Once again, I had a top team at home (he was dominating with a dual threat QB coming into this one) but somehow I found a way to beat him in the second OT, forcing an interception to seal it (his only of the day mind you).

A site like this is going to produce some great, thrilling, sim style games- and I know a few that happened in OC but don't know much about the other great games around here. I know they happen, so let's hear them (everyone likes to reminisce about a great victory they had).

2. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Since I'm new here, I haven't had the chance to play anyone here yet. Although not as exciting as a great user game, I just finished an amazing game against the CPU in the Overdrive OD. I am Penn St, and I beat Illinois in the fourth overtime 47-45. I tied the game with 30+ seconds to go, but on the ensuing kick-off they returned it to my 45. I thought I was done for, but I got a sack to keep them out of fg range. On the first play of ot, I throw a pick, so I thought I lost again. A holding penalty and another sack saved me again. Finally in the fouth ot, they scored, but I stoped their two-point attempt. On fourth down, I hit my wr in the end zone for a td, and then ran a toss play for two to win the game. I do believe this was the best game the CPU has ever given me in NCAA or Madden.

3. Westlake_88

Westlake_88 Walk On

Damn, I was actually thinking about making a thread like this yesterday. But, my best game was between my team builder high school replica and tOSU. 6 FUCKING OVERTIMES! I eventually lost but it had to be one of the best games I ever played.

4. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

I had to share this gaming memory, because it's some of the funniest ish I've seen. I was playing Madden online a couple of years ago. I tied the game up at the end of the third against some random online opponent. He had been playing straight up the whole game, but as he starts the fourth quarter he decides he's going to run the clock out. Every play he waits until the play clock runs out before he hikes it. We both had mics, so I mentioned to him that if I get a stop or a turnover he's not going to leave himself anytime to answer back if I score. He tells me he's not worried and continues his tactics. They were very effective. I couldn't stop him, and he ate up the clock and the field. With 3 seconds to go he calls a timeout inside my 20 to kick the game winning field goal. At this point, I know I've lost. My opponent is talking trash, but I just want the game to be over. Sitting through an entire quarter of hb dives and running the clock can put a man to sleep. Now in all the years I've played Madden, I've never seen anyone block a fg legitimately. I've had cheesers online use glitches to block some of mine, but I've never seen them blocked without glitching. As he kicks the fg, I'm only slightly paying attention, and I'm not moving anyone because I figured it was just a formality. Out of nowhere, a CPU defensive back comes off the edge, blocks the fg, and scoops up the ball all in one motion. I saw it happen, but it takes me a moment to register wtf was going on. I take off down the field with no time left on the clock and no one around me for the game winning td. The funniest part was my opponent. I hear him on the mic. He is screaming at the top of his lungs, sounding like a small girl, and I hear crashing sounds like he's throwing things or knocking things down. I laughed so hard, I was crying. That is still the only fg I've seen blocked on NCAA or Madden without using a glitch.

• Like Like x 3
  5. PLPsftball

PLPsftball Walk On

Ive been wanting to join a leauge for a while now. I have been affraid because alot of people dont play real football online.

6. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

[​IMG]

7. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

6OT C-USA CCG Me (Rice) vs. 1ke (So. Miss).

Epic game.

I won when he finally made a mistake and threw it over the middle to my MLB :)

8. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

H22APWRD94 he and I have had some classics both on here and on operation sports.

Best game I remember though was a game I played with a user from another site. He was SDSU, I was WKU.

First half ended WKU down 14-10, but SDSU had 0 offensive plays. WKU throws 2 pick 6s, and SDSU fumbled a kickoff. Game went back and forth with WKU getting 2 stops on 4th and 1. The second one happened under 2 minutes left in game with WKU down 7. WKU ended up getting ball at SDSU 35 or so, but had 1 time out. I the ball to the 15 or so, burning the timeout along the way. I was in no huddle and rushing to the line with 15 seconds left, didn't like play I called so I tried to call timeout, and D'oh, I burned it 2-3 plays earlier. I was stuck with the play I called. My qb, tha 79, hit the receiver as he crossed goalline to tie game. We traded TDs in first OT, Second OT, I stopped him on 4 downs, he was outside fg range and went for it. I kicked FG 5-6 plays later to win by 3.

9. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

In "The Bigs" me and JFace907 had an 8 overtime game with a final score of 96-94 or something like that. He was MSU and I was Wisconsin . There was a load of crazy plays that game, weather it be the FG return for a td in the 4th, or the back and forth of all the Overtimes. He was killing me with his wide receivers and I was punishing him with my running game and a few passes here and there. In the OT's if i scored and got the 2 point conversion he did, and if he missed one I did, it was crazy. Eventually I was able to make a stop and get the W.

• Like Like x 2
  10. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Probably the greatest, and most frustrating, was my first ever Online Dynasty between myself and my two friends Kiel and Kevin. Kiel, is about a sim as it gets, someone that TSO would be proud to call their own. Kevin.....was not at all. We did an all-Florida dynasty. I was Miami, Kiel was Florida State and Kevin was Florida. Kiel and I every season would end up knocking each other out of the picture, but Kevin was steamrolling the CPU, and getting pretty lucky against the two of us. He also had his FULLBACK in contention for the Heisman every year, because the constant PA passes to the FB in the flats. It was frustrating.

So, about the third year, Kevin and I meet for the National Championship. We'd talked to him about playing more realistically, and at least against us, he did. So we're playing the game, and I keep waiting for that play. He doesn't call it, actually played a hell of a game, and I found myself up 4 with about 3 minutes remaining. He gets the ball, and slowly drives down the field. I'm giving up a big play, and then getting him in 3rd down, and him converting...all over and over again. Really frustrating. He scores a touchdown on a 20 yard run, and decides since there's a little over a minute left, he's going to go for two and the win. No problem with it. The ONLY TIME HE CALLS THE PA FB PASS IS THIS PLAY. Of course I don't stop it, and he goes up by 4. So I take my team, and put together just about the prettiest 2-minute drill you've ever seen. I'm at his 10 yard line, with 14 seconds remaining, no timeouts. I had the right play called, and his defense was just as perfect. No one open, so I take my QB and scramble left where there was just about no one. He tackles me at the three yard line, ala Rams/Titans Super Bowl, and I call no huddle....my freaking line couldn't get up to the line in time, and I lose the National Championship. He and I on the mic were both screaming in joy/agony with excitement.

That one sticks with me.

• Like Like x 1
  11. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

No doubt it was a game against Cheez and I.

I was Wisconsin back in 11 in Night Owls. Cheez had came into TSO in the middle of the year and was Illinois. My team was a regular top 10 team, and his team was about a 75 OVR. If our games weren't a blowout by me, it always seemed to come down to the wire. This game was the latter. Cheez had just tied the score late in the 4th, and it looked like the game was going to OT. I got a couple of completions and moved up to his 37 with about :02 left in the game. I went for the long FG instead of trying a hail mary. The ball literally crept over the bottom of the crossbar by about a virtual inch. I ran around the room while all Cheez could say was "Wow..." I wish I could find the picture of it.

12. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Another awesome game I had was against a high school friend of mine. We were doing a teambuilder dynasty using South Dakota State and the University of South Dakota (I know I know, insert SD joke here).

ANYWAYS- so we have a hell of a game going and I am up by 4 with about 2 minutes remaining as SDSU. He puts together a great drive (had a nice QB that year) and gets about 10 yards out and has time to call one more play. Every receiver is covered so he takes off running and leaps for the endzone.

My safety catches the guy and puts him down at the 2 yard line-- game over..

Won't ever forget that one.

13. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

Somehow this only ranked #2 on my classics list but...

In my online dynasty recently I was down 14-6 heading into the 4th quarter. I scored early and converted the 2-pointer to tie the game. I picked off a pass shortly therafter and immediately went for the dagger two plays later and scored the go-ahead TD with about 1:38 left. The guy is primarily a runner so I felt confident I could stop him and get the ball back. However, he drop and bombs his way down the field to get inside the 10 with about 30 seconds left. I shut down his forst three plays, all incompletions, and he has a 4th and goal with about 12 seconds left. In a smart move, he decided not to throw to his TE for the fourth straight play and hits his WR on a jump ball right at the goal line. I thought my DB kept him out but the refs called it a TD and I could not challenge. We're going to OT right? Not so fast my friend. My star HB fields the KO inside my endzone and races out with the ball. The opposing user is contolling the 3rd defender from the left and tries to swoop around outside to get in and make a tackle. Well, that leaves a hole in the kick coverage and my Heisman hopeful runs the kick back 125 yards for the game winning TD just seconds after the clock ran out. AMAZING!

• Like Like x 1
  14. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

Classic vs Bcduggan

Athens- What else can u say about this game except Classic. Bama came into the game unbeaten and Looking to remain Perfect. Ga also came into the Matchup Unbeaten as they were hoping to compete without their #1 running Back. The Stadium was packed as The Big Top 25 Battle commenced. Bama won the Toss and defered. as Ga drove the ball down the field with Run and Pass and then Ga got it to the Bama 2 yrd Line. Then Blair ran it in for a Ga TD and a 7-0 Ga lead. Then after holding Bama again on Offense as Ga was shutting down the Run, Ga scored again as Goodman caught a screen pass from Backup Qb Mason and Ga led 14-0. Ga Qb Murray was injured in the 2nd quarter and missed the rest of the game. Then CoachBama got his Team together and Told them to suck it up and play the damn game. Then the Offense started clicking as they got 1st downs and McCarron found his receivers as they drove it down to Ga's 2 yrdline. Then Grant on a Toss sweep scored and with little time before HT, Bama was only down 7.

Then in the 2nd Half Bama received the KOff and Took it down the Field, but had to Punt the ball, Then Ga got their chance, But the Bama D played very tough and Ga Punted as it seemed CoachBC was being careful with Mason. Then Bama got the Ball back as again Bama drove the Ball down the field mixing up run and pass and then Grant took the ball again ran into a Ga wall, but fought through it and scored Bama's 2nd td and Bama tied Ga at 14 all as the 3rd quarter ended. Then Ga put together a win it all drive as CoachBC knew what CoachBama is capable of. Then Ga drove it down as Ga ran the clock down to try and leave Bama with little time as possible. Ga then got it down to the 6 yrdline as the Bama D stepped up again and Forced Ga to kick a FG to get the lead back at 17-14. Stanford Stadium was rocking as they Felt this was it for Bama. But CoachBC didn't think so. then Bama got the Ball back and with Timely passing got it down into the red zone. Then on a Crucial play Ga sacked McCarron, Then Bama tried to run and found a yard. Then Bama decided to Kick the FG. Then Ga froze the Kicker, then Bama called a TO to get his Mind set. Then Shelley Nailed a 42 yrder as the Game was Tied at 17 and Heading to OT.

Then in OT Bama Lost the Toss, But Ga picked Defense 1st. Then Bama drove it down as McCarron found D-White twice to get it down to the 4 yrdline of Ga. Then Bama tried twice to Run the ball in and Got Nothing. Then a Incomplete pass on 3rd down, Then Gut check Time as CoachBama went for the Win. Bama called The Perfect play as Fowler and everyone went left to get open and McCarron Threw the Ball to Fowler to Give Bama the Lead. But the Sonofabitch Dropped the Ball and Bama lost their Chance for Victory. Then Ga using their Dawg Formation drove it down and Got to the Bama 1 yrdline. Then after 2 stuffs at the Line. CoachBc called a Option play and Mason then Took it in for a Ga Td and the Victory in a exhausting Game as everyone laid everything on the Line. Both Coaches talked for several Min after the Game with Both congratulating each other and some chuckles from Both Coaches.

bcduggan

• Like Like x 1
  15. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I remember that game, your description of the game really does it justice.

16. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

It didnt go over. It morphed through the bar :p

17. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

First year of TSO and The Tradition league.

May have been a season or two in but Hellisan and I played an epic 5 OT game, Oregon vs UW with Oregon winning in the last OT when UW didnt convert the two point conversion.

The game was exhausting and was the first in many back and forth battles Helli and I had over the years.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I miss those games now, lol

• Like Like x 1
  19. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

johngalt11 and I had an 8 or 9 OT game a couple years back in H4Y that ended with my WIDE OPEN receiver dropping the 2-pt conversion to lose the game like 85-83 or something like that. I'd go look up the post, but that'd take forever.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself