Greatest Teams?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, Feb 14, 2011.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Just throwing an idea out there... thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Good idea. I'll nominate 2013 LSU. 13-1 SEC and BCS Champions with loads of NFL talent. Maximus can fill in the rest.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Wait, wait, wait.... before we start rattling off teams we'll need a standard... civilians... so flippin' disorganized:cool:

4. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

Should it be judged on hard numbers like point differential? We don't have the rosters from past seasons so we can't use actual ratings to judge. You could argue that if the team didn't win the Championship that makes them ineligible. Also I would look at strength of schedule, particularly the user games from that season. Something like this makes me wish that I didn't wait until 2013 to start tracking all of our stats and schedules. Live and learn I suppose.

I'm not saying that I have to be inducted but the 2013 Tigers beat #1 Michigan St. and #2 Florida Gators in back to back weeks before demolishing the #1 Broncos in the BCS Title Game.

5. Maximus21

Another way to look at it could be greatest surprise team. Illinois winning the Big Ten and defeating USC in the Rose Bowl in Y1 is quite a feat.

6. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

hey hey no need to bring that up

• Like Like x 1
  7. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I like surprise teams (doing more with less) and DOMINANT user teams. We could just put all undefeated teams in their as well even though not every undefeated team we've had is 'dominant'.

8. BG

BG On The Rize!

Don't forget about them Noles in 2012, Perfect Season 14-0!!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I actually think this was the only dominant perfect team we've had... if I remember correctly you beat everyone, including users, by double digits. Correct?

10. Maximus21

In 2014, WVU beat #3 Mich St. 59-7 last season and ran the table, knocking me off in the BCS Title Game. Strength of schedule is an issue but other than that I'd say they were great.