Green Bay Packers 2013 State of the Union

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by CWT 3000, Apr 16, 2011.

1. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

The Packers had an eventful offseason. After getting beat in the playoffs by NY at home, team brass decided major changes had to happen. Starting on defense, we sent Clay Mathews packing to Arizona. GB in return received Arizona’s 1st and 2nd round picks in the draft. We used these picks to fill holes at RB & CB. Ryan Grant was not resigned after GB used its 1st draft pick on a highly touted RB named Jamal Lewis. Lewis has the speed that Grant lacked and eventually is what made him expendable. Following Mathews and Grants departure from the team, QB Aaron Rodgers questioned the team’s direction on offense and defense.

Coach T-money and Rodgers had a falling out and #12 eventually asked to be traded out of GB. This was made easy, because GB had secretly contacted Peyton Manning’s agent about possibly signing with the team in a back-up role or possibly coming off the bench if something happened to Rodgers injury wise. Things ramped up pretty quickly during OTAs’ and when it became clear Rodgers and the Packers were not going to resolve their differences, Manning was brought in and signed before any deal was made for Rodgers.

Losing Mathews at LB didn’t leave a huge hole, as many predicted! We had a lot of depth and speed at the position and using him to add talent at the skill positions- we feel better than ever going into the season. Offensively GB was fine, especially with A. Bell progressing so well. Jennings and Bell should make for a headache against opposing defenses. Defensively the SS position has been a liability, and that’s where we focused our attention when shopping Rodgers. GB was in talks with several teams and eventually struck a midnight deal with the Kansas City Chiefs just before the season opened. Kansas City sent playmaker SS Aspha Savage and MLB D. Johnson to GB in exchange for #12. This gives GB a playmaker to replace Mathews as the leader of our defense and adds more talent to the LB crew.

A lot of new faces, but a strong core of players are in place to make a run at the Super Bowl. This is a Championship caliber team and we’ll settle for nothing less.

Key Players on Offenses:
    QB- P. Manning
    RB- J. Lewis (R)
    WR- Jennings & Bell
    TE- J. Finley

Key Player on Defense
    CB- T. Williams & Woodson
    S- Collins & Savage
    LB- J. Griffin
    DL- L. Jones (R)

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Excellent post and excellent idea. I spent about 1.5hrs on Thursday writing up an in depth breakdown of the Buffalo Bills then lost everything when my browser crashed. I figure once FA is over I'll post one. Good stuff man.

3. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Thank You Sir. I usually write these in MS Word first, then paste into the browser. I've had explorer crash on me too many times. Plus I can save my work and resume when necessary. Later.:1stars:

4. Subkontraktor

Subkontraktor Plays with Knives.

Nice write up.

As for browser crashes.... Explorer is the worst, Firefox is trouble sometimes, Google Chrome seems to be KING to me... if freaking flies! Check it out.

5. Keller

Chrome is definitely king. But it still crashes from time to time :(

6. Subkontraktor

How many windows are you running in your browser???

7. Keller

Upwards of 20 at the time ;)

I have like 50 FA threads to check at any given time :(

8. Subkontraktor

Well then there's the reason for the browser crash. Every tab you have open (even if it's a static page) adds to your computer's workload. If you check out your task manager when you have 1 tab open, compare it to when you have 20+... you'll see a very big difference.

I have many tabs running when I do data entry on my cardshop.

9. Keller

Sub I work in IT - I know it was my own fault (y)

10. Subkontraktor

Ah ok ok... then I probably sounded like a dumbass.... I know enough to get what I need done.