Green Bay Packers-A Cycle in review

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by hskr8128, Jun 17, 2016.

1. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    First off, props to bringbackjimmy over in TMFL for the idea for this piece which I think is a great content adder and actually fun to do. Let's take a look at what the Packers achieved and how during the Madden 16 cycle. (Current 7 years)

Career Record: 78-33-1
    SB Record: 0-2
    Playoff Record: 9-6

2021-14-2 (L NFC Championship to Cowboys)
    2020-12-4 (L SB to Patriots)
    2019-11-4-1 (L SB to Texans)
    2018-10-6 (L WC to Cardinals)
    2017-11-5 (Missed playoffs)
    2016-10-6 (L WC to Cowboys)
    2015-10-6 (L NFC Championship to Falcons)

Best Games: Man there were so many this season but there are 3 that really stick out in my mind. Coincidentally, they are all NFC Championship games. First, I faced greatnessdc in the first NFC title game and it was a battle. He made a great comeback at the end and forced OT. The Packers would get the ball first in OT and manage a FG so the Falcons would get a chance. It wouldn't take them long as they hit a beautiful play that I still see in my nightmares from time to time, finding a wide open TE streaking down the field for the GW TD that would send them to the SB

My 2nd game was the 2019 NFC title game vs Mattraq1 and his Austin Desperadoes. This game was a battle and I had never been to a SB so I wanted it BADLY. However, the Desperadoes were outplaying me and had a chance to win the game. QB Winston hit WR Kevin White for what looked to be the game winning TD as time expired but there was a HOLDING call on the play. The Desperadoes would get one more chance at the endzone but couldn't bring it in that time as Green Bay goes to their first SB on a technicality.

My 3rd game just happened tonight as the Cowboys eliminated me en route to the SB. This game was a battle all the way as each team traded leads back and forth before Muscle Turtle Quay Grove put the entire Cowboy team on his back in the 2nd half and drove them to the win. Cowboys QB Jimmy Russell had an all-time great scramble in this game that would end up being the GW TD.

Best Moments
    2018-19 Offseason:
    The Packers seemed to be stuck in neutral going into this offseason. They had either lost in the WC round or missed playoffs completely in the last 3 seasons so they knew something had to change. They made the game changing decision to deal the man many felt was still the best QB in HAW in Aaron Rodgers to Houston. Dallas QB Jimmy Russell was seen with tears in his eyes shortly after the news broke, saying "Rodgers was my idol and I just hate that I won't be able to play against him again". Many thought Green BAy had gone crazy and were just ready to blow the entire thing up. However, they had a plan, and armed with three 1st round picks were able to haul in QB Alveron Mason, who would become the face of the franchise. They also added RT Landon Hester and after missing out on MLB Casey Matthews thanks to collusion between RaiderRed90 and Freakskull they were able to add a nice consolation prize in HB Adonis Martin. Looking back 4 years later, this draft is what created who the Packers are today.

2019 Superbowl: People in Hollywood couldn't have wrote this. Rodgers, the QB they ousted, has won the MVP and led his team to the superbowl, perhaps just to spite GB management. However, the Packers couldn't be too upset as QB Alveron Mason was rookie of the year and took the team in his first season at the helm to the place where Rodgers couldn't. It just wasn't meant to be though as the veteran QB and his team looked sharper and more focused all game en route to Rodger's 2nd SB title.

Packers All-Cycle Team
    QB Alveron Mason-
    A tough choice here but a 37-6-1 record, 2 SB appearance and 3 NFC Championship appearance in his 3 year career is impressive.
    HB Eddie Lacy (7 yr starter)
    FB John Kuhn
    WR Jordy Nelson
    WR Devante Adams(7 yr starter)
    TE Jimmy Graham
    LT Corey Linsley (7 yr starter)
    LG Fernando Marshall
    C TJ Lang (7 yr starter)
    RG Christopher Preston
    RT David Bahktiari

RE Mike Daniels
    DT Michael Brockers (7 yr starter)