Green Bay Packers Scouting Report

Discussion in 'Scouting Reports' started by dakota7, Sep 4, 2012.

1. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Post it up

2. DU55

DU55 Walk On

Randall Cobb is definitely dakota7 favorite target... Tore me up when I played man to man, had better success against him playing mostly zone.

3. CalebMackie

CalebMackie Easy like Sunday morning

Watch out for Greg Jennings!!! Tore me a new one with him

- Likes to run a playbook with Greg Jennings in the slot so be sure to swap to zone if you see it otherwise you MLB on him = first down
    - Doesn't commit to the run a lot, struggles more in man coverage than in zone coverages
    - Good luck trying to sack him, felt like blitzing him made him throw better
    - Watch out for Clay Matthews especially if your RB doesn't have great carrying

4. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

Offense:
    • Seems to key in on one receiver. He held the ball for a long time on occasion and took some sacks so I'd go out on a limb and say if you take away his first option, he'll hold the ball or possibly force it in.
    • However, he seems to spread the ball around. Jordy Nelson was his favorite target against me, but you have two other guys above me who say he likes Cobb and Jennings...
    • Running the ball, he's pretty predictable. If Starks is in, expect any runs to be outside. If Benson is in, expect them to be inside.
    • Don't let him sit in the pocket with time. You have to make him uncomfortable.

Defense:
    • Not really too tough on defense. Seems to play pretty conservatively.
    • You can run on them. Inside and outside - probably better to run away from Matthews when on the field.
    • Don't force anything. Too many playmakers. Instead, when passing take what the defense gives you.

5. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Offense
    As previously mentioned, will have Greg Jennings in slot often
    Will throw quick seam routes to Jennings/TE if he feels a blitz is coming
    Will look to run with Rodgers if opening is there
    Likes to run draws, especially out of Shotgun

Defense
    Seemed to play more man than zone
    Good pass rushing team
    Can overrun play on outside runs

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  6. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

Dakota is a good Madden player, and I look forward to our NFC North battles for years to come.

Offense - he is VERY one-dimensional, and after going back through the game tape I realized a couple of things that could have influenced the outcome had I realized them in-game. Amazingly, 19 out of 23 pass completions were on routes over the middle. No outs, no curls, only 1 streak; but 19 were on routes from right to left, or left to right!! Slants, drags, ins, etc. So...if he's on the right side of the field, you can bet money that there will be several routes going from right to left, and vice versa.

Secondly, he's not afraid to run with Rodgers on 3rd and long situations. I repeatedly forgot to spy in these situations, and got burned by Aaron Vick, or Rodgers for 70+ yards. The only running plays you will see, for the most part, are draws.

Defense - he struggles with user coverage. I found him on my TE in many key 3rd down situations, and got to the point where I would look to throw to whomever he was covering because I knew that he would make a mistake in coverage. He almost always plays on the LB covering the TE, so that is your best bet to beat him on passing plays.

I would agree with the posts above, not very hard to run on him as he seems to call a pretty conservative game on the defensive side of the ball. I had close to 100 yards with Toby Gerhart (sat AP since it was week 17).

With all the above being said, not a team I'd want to see in the playoffs (yet probably will)!

7. oneshot24

oneshot24 Walk On

Offense- Doesn't look deep 2 often holds the ball way 2 long and forces alot of passes. Likes Jennings in the slot and makes quick throws across the middle or to the sideline. Wont hesitate 2 run with Rodgers if there is a clear path. Also if woodhead is in its 75% of the time a pass play.

Defense- His coverage is not great plays alot of zone tries to cover the Te but gets burned most the time, will rarely play press coverage. And u can run on him on the outsides has a tough inside run defense.