Green Bay @San Diego

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by dakota7, Sep 5, 2012.

1. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Packers 24
    Chargers 16

Not much action from the starters in this game, as only Phillip Rivers was able to get a field goal on the board between the first units. Packers QB BJ Coleman had a nice game, throwing 3 touchdowns and almost 300 yards. HB James Starks added over 80 yards on the ground, mainly in the fourth quarter as the Packers protected a late lead.

Good game Danny it was good to shake off the Madden rust and get this season started. Good luck this year

2. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

The Chargers have recently fired their defensive coordinator and have gone in a completely different direction. They are bolstering up on DT in free agency and moving from a 3-4 to a 4-3 this year. Head Coach Danny Ski made the decision after a shaky off-season. He said that "with the strength at running back in our division I believe that this defensive change gives us the best chance to stop the run while at the same time getting to the QB."

That being said, the Chargers were getting used to their new defensive look and were happy with the two first-team sacks their defensive ends were able to get in the first quarter.

Other than that....things werent pretty when it came to the second team and Packers head coach dakota7 was right when he noted the cob webs being shaken off.

Good game dakota7. I thought you played a solid game. Sorry for the pauses...I wish they would implement a more effective way to sub in the pre-season. I think I saw a few starters late in the game and I was just hoping they wouldnt get injured like my LB English did! Oh yeah, I lost English for 7 weeks which turned into the whole year after I accidently put him on IR!

3. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

The Chargers have just updated their team preview to account for this significant change on defense.

4. DU55

DU55 Walk On

How'd Cedric Benson do in his first Packer appearance?

5. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I'm not sure off hand, 3 or 4 carries for 20 yards? Maybe