GreenBay Packers Roster Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CTfromDC, Sep 5, 2012.

1. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Welcome

2. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Pre-Season Recap

Uneventful really...Packers manage to escape with minimal injuries, however did lose Clay Matthews for two weeks due to a strained abdomen, I guess he was working too hard on commercials instead pushing out reps in the gym....We have a new number two should Rodgers fall, Graham Herell beat out rookie QB B.J. Coleman for back-up duties. Coleman got the majority of snaps and made some good throw, the bad outnumbered the good. Wat clinched it for Coach CT, was the 4th quarter come back win, in which Herrell ran the 2 minute offense to perfection. He showed poise and accuracy in a hectic situation in the game against the Kansas City Chiefs. Also impressing the coaches was 1st round draft pick Nick Perry who easily won the starting ROLB job. He had a great camp, and followed the leadership of Vets AJ Hawk and fellow USC Trojan Clay Matthews. Brad Jones, 4 year man out of Colorado had a good showing as well. He definitely will be a force in a defensive that's looking to improve from 2011, where they were ranked 31st overall. The ageless wonder Charles Woodson continues to be the rock on D, and has transitioned to SS to make way for the young CB corp.

Coach CT is still at odds at who is the starting the HB, Neither Benson or Starks showed particularly well. For now, Benson has been name the week 1 starter with Starks coming in as the 3rd down back in passing situations.

Shit just got real, Week 1 on deck

• Like Like x 1
  3. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Extension in place for Greg Jennings

Green Bay | Coach CT went to the front office and got a deal worked out for Jennings. The perenial pro-bowler has agreed to an extension to be Rodgers #1 target for another 5 years worth 57.5 million bucks. It's not Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald money, but a decent amount for someone whohas proven himself as a team leader and asset to the team. Congrats...now go put up numbers!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  4. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Done DEAL!
    [​IMG]
    "We are the only threats they have, If they cut you, I'm out!"

Busy week 2 for Coach CT....After a little back and forth, back and forth, Packers and Dolphins reach a deal that sent Sam Shields and James Jones to Miami in return for Reggie Bush and a 5th round draft pick...To make room for the former Heisman Trophy winner from USC and all purpose speedy back, Coach CT gave Alex Green his walking papers. "Alex is solid player and good young man, he has bright future the NFL...I am sure that he will get another opportunity in the near future" said Coach CT in a statement released earlier.

This move only bolsters the high powered Packer offense, as Bush just adds another target out of the backfield for Rodgers. He is a game changer on special teams as well, joining Randall Cobb on kick returns. Bush will wear #20, signifying how many TD's he plans on scoring this season. Currently, the 6 year vet is in the last year of his contract. Coach CT has already made it plain and clear, that there will be no extension talk until the end of the season. "Players are paid based on performance, plain and simple, you don't work you don't eat, you don't grind, you don't shine" said Coach CT.

Sam Shields was a great CB, but the packers are stacked with youth and CB's who are hungry to make a name for themselves. Charles Woodson is expected to provide that leadership. Replacing Shields, Kevin Barnes, who was cut by the Washington Redskins in pre-season. Barnes is an underrated CB, with good size and can also play Strong Safety. He is a 3 year vet and will look to have an immediate impact when the Pack goes dime package. Davon House is now the starting CB, looking to build on his week 1 performance.

Jame Jones will be missed, he had star potential, but so does Randall Cobb, who will move up to the 4th receiver spot, for some much need time on the field.

Jmustang1968 See released player Alex Green

5. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

T.J. Lang and The Packers organization agree to an extension
    TJ LANG.JPG

Green Bay, Wisconsin | The Packers reach a deal with Left Guard T.J. Lang, extending him through the 2017-2018 season.

6. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Green Bay signs Armon Binns

[​IMG]
    Binns makes a spectacular catch in Pre-Season against the Packers​

Green Bay, Wisconsin | Green Bay signs Armon Binns, FA WR....Binns was released by the Bengals prior to the start of the regular season. The Packers WR coach saw the big play potential in this guy, and pressed Coach CT to make a move. Binns is a 2nd year receiver out of Cincinnati, where led the Big East in receptions, receiving yards, receptions per game (6.2) and receiving yards per game (91.8). He has good size at 6'3", 209lbs, good speed, great hands with a good release on his routes. "I expect this young man to flourish in our system once he is given the opportunity, which may come sooner than later with the Donnie set to retire at the end of the season" said Coach CT.

7. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Green Bay signed Veteran QB to push/back up Rodgers
    [​IMG]
    Schaub accepts 2010 Probowl MVP Award for his performance in the NFL's annual all-star game
    Green Bay, Wisconsin | Matt Schaub agreed to sign a one year deal with the Packers after being released one day prior from the Houston Texans. In a head scratcher, The Texans Coach decided to go in a another direction, that didn't include the former Pro Bowl MVP. Schaub has proved that he a stater in the National Football League, and has backed it up. Had it not been for an injury last year, that brought his season to an end, the Houston Texans may have been hoisting the Lombardi trophy. One teams trash is another teams treasure. "My eyes lit up when I saw him just sitting there on the waiver wire" said Coack CT. "Obviously, Aaron is our starter and offensive team leader, but a little competition never hurt nobody!" Schaub takes over 2nd string duties, and is already familiar with Coach CT's west coast offensive system.
    Men Lie, Women Lie, Numbers don't....Impressive numbers over a three year span in which he was the starter of the Texans...​
    Season Team G GS Comp Att Pct. Yds Avg TD Int Rate
    2004 Falcons 6 1 33 70 47.1 330 4.7 1 4 42.0
    2005 Falcons 16 1 33 64 51.6 495 7.7 4 0 98.1
    2006 Falcons 16 0 18 27 66.7 208 7.7 1 2 71.2
    2007 Texans 11 11 192 289 66.4 2,241 7.8 9 9 87.2
    2008 Texans 11 11 251 380 66.1 3,043 8.0 15 10 92.7
    2009 Texans 16 16 396 583 67.9 4,770 8.2 29 15 98.6
    2010 Texans 16 16 365 574 63.6 4,370 7.6 24 12 92.0
    2011 Texans 10 10 178 292 61.0 2,479 8.5 15 6 96.8
    TOTAL 102 62 1,466 2,279 64.3 17,936 7.9 98 58 92.2

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  8. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Jordy Nelson is back on the Block,

Looking for a complimentary TE to Finley (80+), 28 y/o or younger, recieving....Not much time to make a deal so if there is any interest, let me know.

9. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Packers sign Jerious Norwood(rb) and Justin Bethel (fs) and Eric Kettani (fb)
    Packers Release Cedric Benson (rb) and Andrew Quarless (te) and Philip Merling (de)

10. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Jmustang1968 Qui3tStorm The Richuation

Green Bay signs and keep all drafted rookies
    Quentin Glenn - HB, Ronald Glaud - WR, Tevin Ferguson - WR, Landon Butler - LT/RT, Ashton Singlrton - LOLB (Potential Beast and steal of the third round, and Alex Lee - CB (1st round draft pick, who will be the next Champ Bailey, mark my word, he will be starting in 2015)

Traded 2013 5th Round pick to Giants for their 4th round pick in 2014

Signs following free agents to fill roster...

Martellus Bennett - TE - 1 year

A. Q. Shipley - C - 1 year

Cody Grimm - SS - 1 year

Jerome Harrison - HB - 1 year (Starting to replace the stolen Reggie Bush, not sure how he got waived)

Amobi Okoye - DT - 1 year

Matt Schaub - QB - 1 year (No one bit, so he came back home)

Chad "Ocho Cinco" Johnson - WR - 1 year (Coach CT always had luv 4 the ole boi, giving him a chance to win a ring and contribute...He ha committed to go out wth a bang, hopefully he aint talking Plexico Burress shyt, we will see)

• Like Like x 1
  11. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

On the block!!!

Charles Woodson - SS
    Matt Schaub - QB
    Andrew Datko - LT
    Tramon Williams - CB

12. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Matt Schaub CUT!! Out of Green Bay 4 good

Shaun Hill signed to replace him on the depth chart

Jmustang1968

13. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Tking offers for Charles Woodson!!

Only need picks, best offer accepted

14. BigTyme21

BigTyme21 Walk On

Check your messages on Xbox.

15. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Forte Traded to division Rival Packers for 2014 1st round pick, A.J. Hawk, and James Starks,sources close to the situation tell TSO that Coach CT is extremely happy....
    [​IMG]

No more of this shit! You now shall feel the wrath

16. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Green Bay signs Veteran Gary Brackett to lead a young talented defense. The deal is reportedly a 1 year 1.3 million dollar contract with a few undisclosed bonuses should Brackett wreak appropriate havoc on opposing offenses. Brackett joins arguably the most solid LB corp on paper, with Matthew, Sensational 2nd year LOLB Nick Perry, and his left hand man in the middle Desmond Bishop.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Green Bay and Future 1st round ballot to Canton, Hall of Fame Safety Charles Woodson mutually agree to part ways. Woodson was said to be taking the trade to the Lions well, and can't wait to see his former teammates in a couple of weeks. The Cheeseheads will always have respect for #21, who has been the leader not only on defense but the entire team for many years. Coach CT was quoted saying " This was a hard decision to make. We all know what 21 has meant to the organization and the community here in Green Bay. He will be missed. Burnett has big shoes to try and fill, but he learned from one of the best. CW still has some left in the tank, we were just not financially about to keep him around."
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Green Bay Roster Shuffle 2013-2014
    Free Agency 2013
    Reggie Bush - Signs with Cinncinati in Free Agency
    Green Bay signs Martellus Bennett from Free Agency
    Green Bay signs Jerome Harrison from Free Agency
    Matt Schaub tested the market, but resigned with Green Bay
    Draft 2013
    lee cb 1st.JPG
    1st Round 28th Pick | Grade C-​
    singleton lb 2nd.JPG
    2nd Round 28th Pick | Grade C-​
    hb glenn.JPG
    3rd Round 28th Pick | Grade F​
    lt butler.JPG
    4TH Round 28th Pick | Grade C​
    wr glaud.JPG
    6th Round 28th Pick | Grade D+​
    wr ferguson.JPG
    6th Round 28th Pick | Grade D+​
    Trades 2013- 2014

Charles Woodson for 2014 4th Round Draft pick - Detroit Lions

A.J. Hawk, James Starks, 2014 1st round draft pick for Matt Forte - Chicago Bears

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  19. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

More Injuries, blah, blah, blah....

Aaron Rodger gets hurt, out 8 weeks....Packers refuse to IR him "just in case" they smell the playoffs. In the meantime in between time, Coach CT convince Veteran QB Carson Palmer to come QB. Impressive first outing against the Broncos. Playing like this, Rodgers may not see the field if he returns and we are in a playoff game. Rodgers has been victimized Madden hate, and hasn't been able to hit a receiver all season, no sweat off CT's sack with him being out...Finally got Finley back, Matthews back and Randall Cobb. Key weapons that have been MIA for 4-6 weeks.

20. DirtSouthDan

DirtSouthDan Walk On

Just in time for a key division battle.

21. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

22. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

CT signed Pierre Thomas, Jerome Harrison dislocated his knee and is out.
    Packers also signed Matt Hasselbeack as a back-up QB

Jmustang1968

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  23. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

2014 - 2015 Green Bay FA and Draft additions
    Free Agents
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

24. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Coach CT has had enough of Hasselbecks shit!

After Rodger goes 15/16 93% 3 td's, 0 ints, QB rating of 156, 248 yards in just two quarters of the first two games, Matty boy has put up THE Worse numbers in the three seasons thus far....Cutting the dead weight b4 the season starts.

QBR 37.4, 217 YARDS, 0 TD'S, 2 INT'S, 14/35, 40% COMPLETION.....in 6 quarters.....Unacceptable

Packers sign 2nd year man Tony Thompson out of Virginia Tech to a one year deal....Looking at his ratings, I can't understand how he got cut though, 73 ovr, 84 THP, 83 SAC, 83 MAC, and 82 DAC....Pretty solid to Coach CT, and he's only 22! Good be to Aaron Rodgers, what Aaron Rodgers was to Brett Favre #come up

Jmustang1968

25. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Ronald Glaud , 2nd year Wideout was cut today, to trim the Final roster to 53....GreenBay will go into the season carrying 4 RB's, 5 WR's and 2 TE's...no need for 6 wideouts, with 2 of the top 5 Receiving TE's on the squad....

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
    • Like Like x 1