Gridiron Gladiator game of the week (y1w3)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by TeXasfight33, Aug 3, 2010.

1. TeXasfight33

TeXasfight33 Walk On

Gridiron Gladiator game of the week (y1w3)

Nebraska @ Oregon State

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Game of the week:
    Today the #5 cornhuskers travels to Corvallis Oregon to take on the 15 ranked Oregon State Beavers. To me when i look at these to teams they are pretty much even in all categories. I think Nebraska lacks the play maker on Ofense that Oregon State has but the beavs lack the talent of the huskers defense. This will be a tough game and wil go deep into the 4th quarter. I'd like the Huskers in this one but im not sure yet... they have yet to play a halfway decent team. I dont consider WKU and Idaho half way good teams by any standard.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Predictions

Virgina Tech @ Arizona:
    VT all the way the wildcats lost their coach i just dont see this one happening. Virginia Tech lost last week and is out for some serious blood. I like Evans and Williams have a monster day in deafting the cats
    Virgina Tech Hokies

Florida @ Tennessee
    I truthfully like the upset here, call me crazy. Lane Kiffin leaving was the best thing to happen for the Vols. i think their D comes up huge this game and theyll get Floridas number today.
    Tennessee Volunteers

LSU @ Mississippi State.
    This LSU team is really looking good this year. I think it will be a closer than the experts think type of game but i think LSU will have a pretty slid outing on Saturday.
    Louisiana State Tigers

Arkansas @ Georgia:
    Ryan Mallet and Arkansas look really good this year but something is telling me the Dawgs and coach Btown will beat the SEC rival. It gonna be a real good game maybe OT who knows.
    Georgia Bulldogs

USC @ Minnesota:
    Minnesota is gonna pull the upset off here today. USC is comin of a huge win against VT and is still pinging after their win, they will totaly overlook the Golden Gophers. Look for HB's Duane Bennet, and Wr and Troy Soudermire to have huge games in pulling off the upset of the trojans
    Minnesota Golden Gophers

TCU @ Florida State: Florida State is on a mission this year. After the lose to Arizona they will not let a team with less talent than them beat them once again. TCU is good but Florida State wont let them win. Christian Ponder will push this Seminole team to its limits. Look for another close game for the Seminoles.
    Florida State Seminoles

Clemson @ Auburn: Clemson has played a brutal schedule so far and it doesnt get easier with the Auburn Tigers. Today however i like the tigers of Clemson in a close faught battle.
    Clemson Tigers

Alabama @ Duke. Alabama and hesimen candidate Mark Ingram look real sharp
    in their first to weeks, but look for Duke to slow this team down. Alabama still wins but its going to be a close one. Bama 27-24. Ingram will rush for 177 yards on 25 attempts and one TD. just guessing here.
    Alabama Crimson Tide

Nebraska @ Oregon State:
    Lookout for the Cornhuskers as they continue for their quest of the Big 12 title.The dynamic duo in the Rogers bros wont have a good day today. They will get shutdown by this incredible defense that is Nebraska and it will fall on Ryan Katz to make plays and i just think he wont get it done today.
    Nebraska Cornhuskers

[​IMG]
    Interview

1. What was the key factor in beating VT last week?

The key factor in beating VT was Matt Barkley. The defense put pressure on him the whole game, but when it came down to it, in the fourth quarter, he showed a lot of poise. He got our team downfield to set up the touchdown run. In overtime, he threw a couple of nice, accurate passes to win the game.

2. This year who has been your playmaker so far on offense?

Our whole team was been great, but I think Allen Bradford has just been fantastic. He’s hitting the holes hard and fast. He’s doing everything he’s supposed to do and more.

3. Who are some up-and-coming freshmen that will make some noise this year and for years to come?

We’ll see. You know, everybody we recruit has something to offer. When the time comes, these kids will step up to the plate.

4. How do you feel about the Pac 10 race pretty much three teams have emerged as front runners, looks like it will come down to the wire.

It’s hard to tell right now. There are six teams in the Pac-10 with two wins and zero losses. Being undefeated doesn’t mean much right now, but I can tell you we’ll be right at the top in the end.

5. How are the Trojans doing recruiting wise this year? Are they gonna be a top 5 class as usual?

Recruiting-wise, we have not done much. We have invited a couple players to our games but have not gotten too deep in any offers. Hopefully, we can land some top talent, but who knows?

6. Do you think this SC team has the talent and drive to win a national title this year?

Yes. No doubt. I think the VT game showed our heart and our passion to win.

7. How did you feel about the Trojans being overlooked this year? Why do you think your team was overlooked?

You know, that’s great. It’s us against the world. We’re being overlooked because of all the recent controversy surrounding us, but that hasn’t nothing to do with football. That’s off-the-field [stuff].

8. Who is the leader of your defense?

Chris [Galippo]. He was a freshman last year, but he’s really vocal. He pumps the team up.

9. Do you think this team is close to reaching points of Leinart and Bush again?

USC has such great traditions of winners and stars, but we don’t look at our players today and wonder if they can be as great. I find that disrespectful. They all have different styles and abilities, but I’ll tell you one thing: they all have the same passion for the game.

10. Who’s gonna win the Heismen trophy this year?

That Ponder kid. We’ll see how he does against our defense though. [Laughs].
    Forward Message

2. OregonGunner

OregonGunner Walk On

Welcome to the Rodgers Neighborhood, Cornhuskers!

3. TeXasfight33

TeXasfight33 Walk On

should be a good game and sorry guys about the black font idk whats up with that

4. TeXasfight33

TeXasfight33 Walk On

Bump.added interview with ken

5. Nashvillain15

Nashvillain15 Walk On

No Oregon Preview?

6. DC

DC Shake n Bake

BECAUSE
    [​IMG]

7. OregonGunner

OregonGunner Walk On

Nobody cares about the Ducks when the Beavers are playing!!

Go check out the game summary of the Game of the Week!