Gridiron Gladiator game of the week(y1w4)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by TeXasfight33, Aug 5, 2010.

1. TeXasfight33

TeXasfight33 Walk On

Gridiron Gladiator game of the week(y1w4)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Game of the week: As i was looking for a game this week i stumbled upon this one and i liked the match up. The Arkansas Bama game is first of a rivalry game and this year both teams will be in the middle of the SEC race at seasons end. Arkansas features a high powered QB in Ryan Mallet who is in the top 5 passing leaders in the country. On the Alabama side i dont know where to start, play makers all across the field. But i guess ill start with last years hesimen winner Mark INgram. Right now Ingram is the favorite for the hesimen, but the question remains can he stay healty? When looking at this game i give the edge to Arkansas right now i think Ryan mallet is one of the best pure pocket passers the game has seen the past 10 years. Also if you look at the Bama defense i think that if they have one weakness its in their secondary with that being said lets get to this weeks selections.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Selections

Wake Forest @ Florida State:
    Florida State is coming off a big win against number 4 ranked TCU and can possibly be caught napping against Wake. But i don't think so, I think Christian Ponder has a big game as the Seminoles take one fairly easy from the Deamon Deacons.
    Florida State Seminoles

Pittsburgh @ Miami
    This is shaping up to be a really good offensive match up. Pitt has Dion Lewis and Miami has Jacory Harris. In my opinion Dion Lewis is a top 5 running back in the NCAA today. I think the Panthers will give the ball to Lewis and just run behind him.
    Pitt Panthers

Oregon @ Arizona State.
    Oregon comes in off a bye week which i think will be the big advantage for the Ducks. The sun Devils are in more of a rebuilding year, and i just dont think they have anyone to stop lamiacheal James.
    Oregon Ducks

Virginia Tech @ Boston College
    VT as you know has a extremely dynamic offense with Tyrod Taylor, Ryan Williams, and Ryan Evans. Boston College has a very good back but thats about it. VT is just too powerful for the golden eagles.
    Virgina Tech Hokies

Mississippi state @ Georgia
    the bulldogs are coming off an upset win against high powered LSU. They actually won in very convincing fashion. but is this team for real? yes they are. Dan Mullens is an offensive genious and i think they pull off the win.
    Mississippi State Bulldogs

Oregon State @ Boise State
    Oregon State is coming off a huge win against Nebrska wich i so stupidly picked them to loose. I think this team is really for real. Quizz Rogers seems to be from another planet. The beavs roll into the blue turf and leave with a win.
    Oregon State Beavers

Florida @ Kentucky
    Florida beat the Vols last week in a big win. The gators will contiue their winning ways in a good win against the wildcats.
    Florida Gators

Washington @ USC
    The Huskies had a big win against the Trojans last year, Jake Locker had a huge game. The fact of the matter is this USC team is different than last year, they are a more mature bunch. Look for the trojans in a close faught battle.
    Southern California Trojans

West Virginia @ LSU
    The tigers were upset by the Mississippi bulldogs last week, but they will continue their wining ways in beating the mountaineers. Noel Divine will have big game but they will fall just short in a hard fought battle.
    LSU Tigers

Alabama @ Arkansas
    Arkansas has a very high powerd passing attack, but im not sure it will be good enough. Bama's weakness is their secondary, but they are still very talented. The fact stilll remains that this is Alabama. Mallet will be lucky to be able to get any passes off against this big time defense. Arkansas offense is also not good enough to slow down Bama with Julio Jones, Mark Ingram, and Greg Mcelroy. look for the tide too win by 17.
    Alabama Crimson Tide

[​IMG]

2. DC

DC Shake n Bake

how it will hurt to play my own team!!

3. TeXasfight33

TeXasfight33 Walk On

yeah may have just detroyed you chances of an NC!

4. DC

DC Shake n Bake

no i will play to win...i might hafta curl up in a ball after....but ill play to win :(

5. TeXasfight33

TeXasfight33 Walk On

hahah always ptw!
    [YOUTUBE]
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IMk5sMHj58I&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IMk5sMHj58I&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

6. DC

DC Shake n Bake

AMEN