Gridiron Gladiator Game of the week

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by TeXasfight33, Jul 29, 2010.

1. TeXasfight33

TeXasfight33 Walk On

Gridiron Gladiator Game of the week

[​IMG]

The Gridiron Gladiator season one is finally underway (hopefully). I can already see in playing Nashvillian, Btown and Oregon Gunner that we have some really skilled sim user here. Lets hope this can be a long term OD that last all the way till the release of 2012. I gave me Nashvillian and Mzizzle 10 of the same questions.With that said lets get started with the preseason. And please guys give me constructive criticism for this.

Here are the Gridiron Gladiators!​

ACC

[​IMG]

BKhogfan-Miami
    TeXasfight- Florida State
    Mzizzle- Clemson
    Twinky- Virginia Tech
    PAC 10

[​IMG]

[FONT="Comihttp://www.traditionfootball.com/forums/newthread.php?do=postthread&f=287c Sans MS"]
    Ken-USC
    Oregon Guunner-Oregon State
    Nashvillian- Oregon
    MG-Arizona
    [/FONT]

SEC​

[​IMG]

Bucsfan-Auburn
    B-town-Georgia
    Doomsday-Alabama
    SoxandGators-Florida

PICKS from the Experts
    Nashvillian

1.hesimen frontrunner
    Mark Ingram, Alabama
    2 Bednarick frontrunner (best defensive player)
    Casey Matthews, Oregon
    3 SEC Champion
    Alabama
    4 sec runner up
    Florida
    5 ACC champion
    Florida State
    6 ACC runner up
    Clemson
    7 Pac 10 champion
    Oregon
    8 Pac 10 runner up
    Oregon State
    9. National Champion matchup
    Oregon Vs Alabama
    10. National Champion
    Alabama

Mzizzle

1. Heisman Frontrunner: This is a tough one, but I'm going to go with Christian Ponder of Florida State. He had a great year last year and I think he has even better one this year which would propel him to become the Heisman winner.

2. Bednarick Frontrunner: I'm going to go with DaQuan Bowers from Clemson. The guy is an athletic freak who can do it all from the defensive end spot. He'll be the main man on that Clemson defense this year and should put up huge numbers

3. SEC Champion: I got to go with Alabama. They are returning to much fire power on offense in Ingram, Richardson, and Jones plus even though the defense is inexperienced it is full of talent.

4. SEC Runner Up: I'll go with the Gators here. I think Brantley comes in and does a good job and with all the talent Florida has they are just too good for any team in the SEC East to handle.

5. ACC Champion: I think Virginia Tech win the ACC. Tyrod Taylor mixed with arguably the best running back combo in the country should leave to great success. Plus you can always count on the Virginia Tech defense and special teams to show up.

6. ACC Runner Up: Florida State comes up just short in the ACC. They are the best team in the Atlantic division talent wise and I think that gives them the edge over the other schools.

7. Pac 10 Champion: Oregon repeats as Pac-10 Champions. LaMichael James is the best player in the conference and he'll make the difference for Oregon.

8. Pac 10 Runner Up: Oregon State will come up just short. The Rodgers brothers will have a great season and have the Beavers close, but Oregon State will fall just short of their rivals the Ducks.

9. National Champion: I say Alabama faces off against the Hokies from Virginia Tech. Both win tough conferences and are tremendous teams.

10. National Champion: The Alabama Crimson Tide repeat as National Champions. Just too much talent all over the field along with a great coaching staff.

Brady Petersen(would have put the other two guys names just didnt know them)

1.Hesimen Frontrunner.
    You have to go with Mark Ingram, this guy one it last year and is one of the most talented backs to ever play college ball. I think he has a big year, im not saying hes gonna win it but he should hands down be a favorite to start the year.But my surprise pick is John Brantley.

2 Bednarick frontrunner (best defensive player)
    I think you have to look at Daquan Bowers for Clemson, This guy is a true pass rusher! I think he will be giving ACC Qbs such a Christian Ponder, Jacory Harris, and Tyrod Taylor a hell of a beating this year.

3 sec Champion
    I know that Alabama is bare nun the most skillfully team in the nation, i just think The Gatrors are a better team. I think Brantley will emerge out of Tim Tebows shadow and be a true star this coming season. Watch out SEC
    Florida Gators

4 sec runner up
    A team for me that i think will be back into a powerhouse is the Auburn Tigers. Cam newton is ALOT better than any one gives them credit for. This is a team on the rise in the power house SEC.
    Auburn Tigers

5 ACC champion
    Virgina Tech, I think this is their year to be great. The have two great backs and a seasoned vet in Tyrod Taylor. Look for the Hookies to have a humongous year.[/B
    Virginia Tech Hokies

6 ACC runner up
    Florida State, what will really help them is the weakness of their division. Christian Ponder looks to have a break out year and make a hesimen run. The one thing that will hold this team back is their defense, pretty average all around.
    Florida State Seminoles

7 Pac 10 champion
    Oregon State Beavers, after last year getting second to the hated Oregon, the beavs are out for revenge, it will all come down to the Cival war to decide who goes rosebowlin. The thing that impresses me about Oregon Is their offesne they just melt the clock away giving the other team very little possesion. Look for Jaquiz Rodgers to be in New York come hesimen time

Oregon state Beavers
    8 Pac 10 runner up
    Oregon, they will end up falling just short to rival Oregon state. I just dont think Nate Costa can take this team above and beyond. Look for Clay Mathews and Lamichael James to have stellar years as the Ducks are on the outside looking in at a BCS bowl birth.
    Oregon Ducks

9. National Champion matchup.
    Florida vs Virginia Tech. Experience will be the difference here.

10. National Champion
    Virginia Tech, experience as in quarterback, Tyrod Taylor has seen field time since his freshmen year. Hes been waiting four years for this opportunity and wont let a sophmore take it away from him.

[​IMG]

Heismen Finalist

1. John Bratley
    2 Tyrod Taylor
    3 Mark Ingram
    4 Jaquizz Rodgers
    5 Christian Ponder

Postseason Rankings predictions.
    VT#1
    UF#2
    Oregon State#3
    Oregon#5
    Miami#6
    Florida State#8
    Alabama#9
    Auburn#11
    USC#13
    Clemson#17
    Georigia#19
    Arizona# 22

Interview with coach Bkhogfan
    I recently had a sit down with the coach of the Miami Hurricanes and talked some ball.

1. What do you think Jacroy Harris' Heismen chances are?

Little to none actually..I like to run the ball as much as possible..Cooper on the other hand could be gunning fro the heisman this season. What a way to go out!! It being his senior season and all!
    2. What do the Hurricanes have to do to be back to National champs status? and what are you gonna do to get there?
    Take one game at a time! Focus on pounding the ball and controlling the clock! Now Future Titles rely heavily on us dominating the Florida recruiting battles...which are gonna be tought for sure!

3. Did you like the "Bad Boy" image of the canes from back in the day? and would you mind if your team took on that Images?
    THUG UHey they won championships during that time!! IF my team wants to take on that persona...as long as they stay disciplined enough to play every saturday, i have no problem with it at all!!
    4. What offense are you going to run this year? What defense?
    Offense will be a One Back offenseI will almost always have 4 Wr on the field, it help me dissect the Defense more effeciently! DEFENSE: 3-4 ...ive always liked the Pass/Run Defense in this package

5. In 10 years from now where do you think this football program will be?
    Hopefully, Number 1 in the nation the last 8-10 years and dominating the college landscape

6. What is your approach to recruiting do you go after just kids within your area or do you go after anybody from anywhere?
    In Florida, there are plenty of kids to go around, but i do plan on working on pipelines not associated with my biggest rivals

7. What do you think of your rivalry with the Seminoles? and what does it mean to your program?
    We plan to take that damn axe and shove it down their throats Honestly, Its a great game..that helps aalot with recruiting! It has so much Tradition i couldnt possibly have any negative comments about it...its always an interesting game!

8. How do you think the ACC sets up this year?
    The ACC is Very competitive!! I honestly couldnt tell you who will come out on top!
    9. Who will be the Miami Hurricanes breakout player in 2010?
    HB Craig Cooper: I forsee this guy having a monster season! look for him to be ll over the news!
    10. Last year it seemed as if no one could stop the option at Georgia Tech but the Canes? how are you going to prepare for it and stop it this year?

Hard nosed Defense, The Canes have always prepared that way and i dnt plan to change it! Will rely on my Outside LBs to turn em inside for my MLBs to make the tackles!!
    [​IMG]

I hope you guys enjoyed this

2. MZizzle2

MZizzle2 Fresh Ta Def

It came out good. Lets definitely continue doing this every week.

3. TeXasfight33

TeXasfight33 Walk On

sounds good sorry i didnt ask you guys about the hesimen cantidates, as i was making it i decided to put it in

4. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Great stuff guys keep up the good work

5. BTown

BTown Walk On

That was a good read this morning! Thanks!

6. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Looks like the Canes are being looked over! That Excites me personally!!!!!!

7. Nashvillain15

Nashvillain15 Walk On

Didn't know we were going for sentences, next week you will get that from me.

8. TeXasfight33

TeXasfight33 Walk On

no biggy and i didnt know #6 was overloooked haha

9. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Haha well in predictions I mean lol.

10. TeXasfight33

TeXasfight33 Walk On

haha yeah my about that but its hard to be ranked very high when you basically saying i get one lose to Florida State each year

11. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    nice work! I love being the underdog.

12. OregonGunner

OregonGunner Walk On

I like that the Beavs are getting some respect around here. Jaquizz has a lot to live up to now.

13. TeXasfight33

TeXasfight33 Walk On

after that tourney game, jaquizz is the man