Gridiron Gladiator Mid year Predicitons and game of the week

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by TeXasfight33, Aug 13, 2010.

1. TeXasfight33

TeXasfight33 Walk On

Gridiron Gladiator Mid year Predicitons and game of the week

Week 9
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Game of the week:
    This week its a huge game, with huge implications on who could be playing for the national title and the SEC title. 7-1(6-0) Georgia Bulldogs square off against the 6-1(5-0) Florida Gators. Each of these teams are atop the SEC east and one of these teams will most likely be in the Conference championship. Both of these teams lost two a top 15 teams week one and have been on fire ever since lets take a look at both teams.

Georgia Bulldogs
    [​IMG]

So far this season Geogias offense has been lead by a two headed monster at tailback. Jr. caleb King has 910 yards and 12 tds on the season and Soph Washaun Ealey has 611 yards with 14 TD's . Together this duo has over 200 carries. The big disapointment this year for me in this team has defintly been AJ Green, who has only 1 touchdown on the year. I guess Geogia has been a run first team and its proven to work for them. If the dawgs cant spread this gator defense out with a threat in the air, Florida may be guessing run most of the time and stuffing them in the backfield. As for defense the Dawgs are 20 in total D, and the work horse for them has been senior MLB Darryl Gamble hes forced 5 fumbles and has 35 tackles on the year. Defense might win this one for the Bull dogs.

Florida Gators

This year for the gators whole offense has relied on Jeff Demps he has over 1000 yards rushing already and is the third leading receiver for the Gators. The Gators will live and die with Demps for the remainder of the year, but if your gonna put so much on one kids shoulders demps is the guy. IMO the best athlete in college football. If geogia has someone who can contain Demps they wil win easy but the thing is idk if they have anyone in the nations that can contain JEFF! One thing that has hurt Florida is the Turnover diff, they are sitting at -2 and 76 in the nation. The horse for the Gators on D is yet another MLB soph Jelani Jenkins he was 32 tackles and 2 forced fumbles. This ggator Defense had a tough time against Mark Ingram in giveing up 130 yards to him but maybe they will have different succsess here against the do Dawgs today. The strong point in the Gator Defense is in their secondary ranking 12th in the nation.
    [​IMG]
    Final Evaluation!

This will be a close game through out, but i see the Geogia Bulldogs winnings on an attribute you cant measure with stats, experience. This Florida team is very young and quite frankly makes too many mistakes. I think the Georgia running backs will have a great game against the Florida today. This one will come down to the fourth quarter and i think Florida will fall just inches short in the closing seconds. This Gator team has a bright future and will be winning titles later on but i think their title run 2010 will be taken to the pound.
    [​IMG]

With that being said im going to do mid year predictions of conferences bowls hesimen and things like that.

ACC

ACC Coastal: This will come down to Virgina Tech and Geogia Tech. But im picking the Hokies they were my preseason nationa title pick and even though they've lost two games still a fantastic team, and GT plays a brutala schedule coming up so they might even fall to third in the ACC Coastal division.

ACC Atlantic Florida State Vs Clemson will decide this side, but i give the Edge to FSU. Athletically they are better than Clemson and as of late their D has really stepped up to the plate.

ACC Winner: Virgina Tech

Virgina Tech will Just Barely get by FSU Ryan Williams is too good of a back, and will run alot against the Seminoles.

PAC 10

Right now the Pac 10 race is wide open Oregon State, Stanford, Oregon, and USC are all right in the thick of things. Stanford and OSU are both undefeated in conference play while USC and Oregon each have one loss. Oregon and SC play this week i think Oregon will win and Kock USC out of it. Stanford and Oregon State play the week before the beavs play the Ducks. I thin both teams will be undefeated at that time. If stanford can win that they will be Pac 10 champs. I think The cardinal win that game and take the PAC 10 crown and possible BCS title birth.

Pac 10 Champ: Stanford

SEC

SEC East: Georgia will win the SEC east, but will loose to Oregon and finish 10-2. They will inch past Florida and then beat Auburn the following week to finish out SEC play.

SEC West: Bama wins the SEC west easy, everyone else is just fighting for second place at this point.

SEC Champ: Alabama

This team just has no many play makers right now.

BCS Bowl Predictions

National Title:Stanford Vs Boise State
    It kills me to put Boise in the title but i think Texas Tech and Ohio State both will slip up at the end of the year. I hope a one loss Ohio State gets in over Boise or even a 2 loss Bama.
    [​IMG]

Rose Bowl: Oregon State vs Ohio Statel
    Ohio State wins the big 10 and Oregon State gets an at large, Oregon state wins.
    [​IMG]

Fiesta Bowl: TT vs Utah
    Utha gets at large and Tech wins the Big 12. Utah wins.
    [​IMG]

Sugar Bowl: Virginia Tech vs Bama
    Both will win their conf. and come in with two losses. Bama Wins
    [​IMG]

Orange Bowl: Pitt vs Florida State
    [​IMG]
    Hate to be a homer but FSU finishes the year strong. FSU wins.

2. DC

DC Shake n Bake

I gta go with Florida this week.Demps is just too fast!!
    And personally I want a rematch against the gators!!

3. OregonGunner

OregonGunner Walk On

Always picking against the Beavers I see. It will come back to bite you!!

4. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

The Pac 10 is gonna come down to the wire. Stanford and Oregon State are tied up but with me only having one user game left and OSU having three left I think I have the easier road, but it will more than likely come down to the Stanford-OSU game.

5. TeXasfight33

TeXasfight33 Walk On

yea it will be stnford OSU nd hes my brother soo i cant pick ginst him!

6. BTown

BTown Walk On

Thanks for the pick but I sucked again today! 3 Picks and a fumble inside the 10 plus the fact that I could not stop the freaking pass leads to a ugly loss.

Good game Soxandgators! You made me play from behind and go to the air! Maybe next year....