Gridiron Gladiators-2012

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bamagrad, Jun 10, 2011.

1. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

Gridiron Gladiators

[​IMG]

Description- Here at Gridiron Gladiators we've played in 3 BCS Conferences, The SEC, Big 10 (Now the New Big 12), and Pac 10 (Now the Pac 12). With the New Release of Ncaa 12 and the CC. We will be implementing the New Feature. The Dynasty will continue to Thrive. For those that Don't Know. GG was started by bkhogfan51 in Ncaa 2010 and Continues Today with Commish Bamagrad. We all Thank former Commish bkhogfan51 for his services and giving GG the Life it has Today. The Current Commish bamagrad hopes to continue the Greatness what this dynasty has been for everyone that has participated in.

Commish of GG
    2010-2011- bkhogfan51
    2011- 2012- bamagrad
    2012-????-mikedredd

How the New CC Feature will Work- Basically in a Nutshell, everyone creates a Coach and be true to yourself as possible and list yr Alma Mater ( or school you would like to end up at, in case you didn't go to college). Everyone will start off as the lowest ranking for either Offense or Defense Coordinator. remember in Cpu games you only control 1 side of the ball, so choose carefully. In User games U control Both ends. ( I heard that there is a Feature in the game, allowing u to control Off & Def each week, I'm going to state we need to control only 1 side for the season). Each Coach will follow the Contract Details in the Game. (if yr contract starts off with a 3 yr deal, Stay True to yr original deal). Certain exceptions will be allowed in the game for advancing. Completing yr goals is very important in Keeping yr Job. Make sure U read the fine print and make sure you can complete each teams goals. Then Post yr Final results for Goals in the Thread and the Committee will look at yr stats for advancement

To end Confusion for players that may double or triple the Alma Maters( such as Mich or Bama or OSU as their Alma Maters) Who ever gets the Offer first gets the Team. I feel this is the only way to make it fair as possible. No sense in Limiting anyone who wants to be their team.

What Teams are we using for CC- Since GG runs 3 Bcs conferences, and we are going to be starting from the bottom we will be starting at the Sun Belt & WAC & The MAC, so we can still have great User Battles.

How we advance in the Coaching Ranks- Everyone will start off at a 1-2 star program, U will advance 1 star to the Next school of what star u start off with. (1 stars will move to 3 stars and 2 stars will go to 4 stars and so on) To Start off with All Coaches will pick their Teams and Post their Info on the Contract Details Thread which will be posted for everyone. Then a 2 man Committee will Look at the Progress at each User and Determine if they Move to the New School. The Committee will also be responsible for Posting Coaching Changes Thread to List possible openings in the Dynasty. If there is any dispute of any such then the Commish will have the Final Say on it.

Rules of GG-
    Basic Facts:
    • 7 min quarters on All-American difficulty
    • Player speed threshold setting=0
    • Sliders will be tuned when appropriate (See below)
    • 12 teams, 4 per each of the SEC, Big 12, ACC. For the CC its the Mac,WAC,& Sun Belt

Formations:

• Only QB’s may play QB
    • FB: Speed must be 90 or below (See required weight chart)
    • TE: no WRs may play TE
    • Controlling Players: You cannot pick plays and let the computer run them. Nor can you utilize the Ask Corso feature. You must control your QB throws and RB/RS movement at all times.
    • Audibles: When calling an audible, you must allow the defense to adjust and be set for at least one second before snapping the ball.
    • Only Kickers are allowed to kick Field Goals and Punters are only allowed to Punt. If you violate this rule, you're game is an automatic SIM Loss.
    • Game strategy is allowed in this years version (IE: strip, go for pick, etc), but shall be used in appropriate scenarios only. Do not abuse. s
    .• Pass & run commit IS NOT permitted on a regular basis anymore.

Offense:
    • Going on 4th Down: I encourage straight play in this league, however, I do not want to limit players to the point where they cannot play aggressively. With that in mind, here is the rule on 4th downs:
    A. Whenever you are inside the opponent's 40 yard line, you are permitted to for it on 4th down.
    B. If you are behind by two touchdowns or more in the second half, you can go for it whenever you like.
    C. If you are the losing team in the 4th quarter, you can go for it whenever you like.• Playclock Rule: We're all here to play football. Keep in mind we play 7 minute quarters; not 15 like the NCAA. So please choose your plays as quickly as possible on offense and make every effort to do so before the play clock gets close to running out. I do realize, however, that certain situations in the game may require some extra time when choosing a play. You may run the game clock with under 2:30 remaining in the 4th quarter. Or if your trying to prevent another possession before the half.

The No-Huddle Offense:
    No-Huddle is allowed but shall be ran correctly. If you decide prior to the season to run a "true" No-Huddle Offense, then obviously you should be running it all game. Upon any incompletion or clock stoppage, the offense MUST huddle up. No crazy package changes when running hurry up. IE: Going from a 4WR set to a Ace set where you would have WR's playing TE. You must stay within the personel that's on the field. Before snapping the ball in the No-Huddle offense, be respectful to the other User/CPU to get set on the field, if you see a User is still tryin to line up to play, be responsible & SIM and give him an extra second to get set. Obviously if it's a runnin out of time scenerio before a half/game ends, things will be more urgent and the opposing User should realize that.

The No-Huddle may also be run by a User at any time inside the 2:00 minute mark in the 2nd & 4th quarters. If a User is down 17-points or more in the second half of a game, he is permitted to put his offense in a No-Huddle tempo in an attempt to get back in the game or to try to spark his offense.

Playcalling, Mixing It Up, Play Action: Owners are expected to mix up plays on both offense AND defense. If your team falls behind early in the game, it's understandable if you become a one-dimensional offense with your passing game. As long as the game is close, we expect all box scores to reflect a concerted effort at reasonable play calling.
    Also, keep in mind it is unrealistic to call a PA Pass when it is 3rd down and more than 10. You may call a designed PA play and audible your RB to block or go into a pattern to stop the Playaction. Overuse of this or any other plays/patterns will be frowned upon.

QB Scrambling: Unrealistic QB scrambling/sprinting is frowned upon on pass plays, including screens. Constantly dancing from sideline to sideline, running straight backwards, deep dropbacks, constantly throwing off your back foot while dropping back, or well behind the line of scrimmage without being under pressure is not realistic. This does not include option plays, designed QB runs or broken/pressured play situations. If you are going to scramble w/the QB when no one is open, try to stay inside your tackles or close. Especially if you dont have pressure off the edge, or have a clean pocket.

QB Pitches/Option: This is a simple rule, the pitch MUST be out of the QB's hand BEFORE contact with a defender. If it ends up coming out late by accident, or a little lag in play, the User must immediatley dive straight to the ground and/or run straight out of bounds.

No Tailbacks/Halfbacks playing the fullback position in ANY scenerio of a I-Form, or Goaline package. It is allowed to have "dual" halfbacks in a split shotgun formation. If the User runs a true fleXbox One offense, then a tailback is permitted to play the fullback (B-Back) position.

Running Up the Score: Good sportsmanship is a major part of TT, so running up the score on user opponenets will not be tolerated. Please use good judgment when leading by a large margin versus a User. If you are blowing out the CPU by 24 points or more, it is mandatory to put the entire second string in the game. There is a cap of 55 points versus the CPU. Unless its a close game vs the CPU, I will not tolerate any more scoring than that.

Defense:

• mix up play calling, blitzing and shifting is obviously permitted, but be realistic about it.

Special Teams:

• Fake Punts and FG’s: Any fake punt or field goal must follow the same rule used when going for it on fourth down. If you are allowed to go for it on 4th down in that situation, you can also fake the punt or field goal. Faking a FG or punt is part of the game and provides "the element of surprise," but please be realistic. These are utilized in NCAA but on a limited basis, so please keep that in mind.
    • Onside Kicks: Onside kicks are permitted at kick-off to start either half or by the losing team in the 4th quarter only.

Weekly Gameplay:
    Pausing: NCAA allows a limited number of pauses during the game, so please keep that in mind. If it's ever necessary to pause the game, please provide a quick explanation to your opponent if you are not utilizing your headset at that time. Pausing the game to show poor sportsmanship will not be tolerated. Please do not start a game if you know something will interfere with your playing time.

Disconnects: Games will disconnect from time to time for various reasons. When a disconnect occurs, if a User is leading by 7-points or more, upon restarting, the User needs to be re-spotted those points. If a User is leading by 24 points or more at any point past halftime when a disconnect occurs, The game should be SIM'ed in the leading users favor. If there are any odd situations that occur, pause the game and call the Commish, if the Commish is not available, call the Co-Commish for direction (Unless it's past 10 PM EST on a Weekday). TF expects all owners to have a reliable, high-speed ISP. If you are having any type of Internet trouble, please do not start the game until the problem is resolved.

Player must leave game in progress - Please do not start a game if there's a chance you will not be able to finish it. In the case of an emergency situation where you are forced to leave the game, an agreement should be made between both players as to whether the game will be replayed from the start or simulated in the opposing teams favor. If you cant come to an agreement, contact the Commish.

There will be 1 restart on your user vs. cpu games. Absolutely ONE, no matter the circumstance. If I see a restart I will discuss it with you to see if there was an extenuating circumstance, 1st Time-Play right away. If there is any Unusal happenings Let the Commish Know. There is no shame in losing to the CPU.. our difficulty and sliders will be targeted towards realistic challenge levels based on the caliber team the CPU is controlling… ex: CPU Ohio St will be tough… CPU Duke probably won’t…

Scheduling Requirements:

All user teams are required to play at least 3 user vs. user games each season.. You can request a 4th user game if you desire, but it is not required. You can schedule no more than 3 user games in any one season. Home and Home series are encouraged. You cannot have more than 1 additional home games over the amount of road games you play in a season, and that is only if there is a scheduling conflict keeping you from a 50/50 split.

Game Summaries- Game Summaries need to be completed for yr games. No slacking on that end. GG will be having 1 Thread for the whole Year so we can save space. plus easier tracking then everyone making their own. The Summary will start off with Team Previews and conclude with the Bowl Games.

Un sway able players- offseason

A player will not be allowed to attempt to sway a player from the pro draft if he:
    is > 95 OVR
    is a JR that has won the Heisman
    is a JR and has won a major award (Thorpe, Maxwell, Biletnikoff, etc) and is > 85 OVR

The general Rule in TF is to recruit your needs. and honestly its the best route! I Dont want to have to police this with you guys. Therefore, If every1 is honest and recruits fairly (ex: dont recruit 3 HBs when u only need 1), then i wont have to start punishing people for it.

General rules to follow for Recruiting

1. Dont go over your 70 man roster limit.
    A. If u go over 70 on yr roster then u will get a -2 Scholarship penalty. (if u go 1 over then 2 scholarships docked, if u go 2 over then 4 scholarships docked)
    B. if it happens again, then you will get a -5 Scholarship penalty and u have to Cut yr Best Recruits that u recruited.

2. Dont recruit 3-4 players in a position..when you only need 1.
    A. If u do sign yr 1 to the position needed then u must cut the rest from the Recruiting Board. (ex- if u have 3 backs for 1 position then u must cut the other 2 from the Board).

No Help from the CPU in Recruiting that feature must be Turned off. Stick to the Green Circles on yr Board, Recruit yr Needs. No Circle no Recruiting that Player. Be realistic about yr recruiting No need to recruit a 5 star when u know he won't Come to yr school.

Content- I want GG to Kick ass so I would like everyone to Participate in Content that will make this Dynasty Scream. Whatever U can Think Of Create it.

U get the boot if....

-you break the rules..simple
    -little no forum activity
    -not being up to date on the OD..which goes with forum activity
    -forum flaming
    -I see you puttig other games before the OD. The OD comes first here...or we have other guys willing to join who will put it first

ill add to this as i see fit.

Info- We will need everyone's info which will make getting in touch with easier. also in the scheduling thread make sure you post yr Time Zones.

Gridiron Gladiators Hall of Fame- This is something I think that will add a personal Touch to the Dynasty. If u have a Player that has been extrodinary then put him up for a Vote to put him in the Hall of Fame. Need to Include a Picture and Stats and the Coach's info why he should be included. The HOF will only open during certain times in the Dynasty so Look Out For It.

Coaches Post Game Report- This is a Thread I started and I think it has Gone well. It adds a personal touch to the Dynasty and Keeps Good Sportsmanship and Competative edge for everyone. U can either Type it or create a Video. Largely I prefer the Vid. adds the personal touch. But everyone doesn't have the types of programs so i will allow the written report.

Disputes in the Game- In Case we have a dispute of any kind in games. 1. send yr opponent a psn and let him know what is going on. 2. Send the Commish a PM and a Full detail report of the Infractions from Both sides. 3. The Users in question will then play The Commish and 1 member of the Committee to evaluate their gameplay. Then the results will then be pm'd to the Commish (Unless its the Commish playing) and Thoughts on the Player. 4. The Users in question will be added to the schedule the next season. 5. If the Users or User is Found Guilty of "Cheezing" then they will be docked 1/2 the Season for Recruiting. (Can't recruit til half the season). If the Cheezing Continues then the User will be Booted from the Dynasty. Clean Up or Act or Leave!!

Vacations- If you Know yr leaving for vacation or just gonna be Out of Town then please post it in the Vacation/Out of Town Thread with the Dates and when you will be returning.

Justin Tv- I would like to see more users implement This feature so we can see more major matchups. I can setup an account for the Dynasty so everyone can Use it. Just Pm the Commish for the Password. Its easy to use. If u have a Camera then Put it to Good Use.

Scheduling- The Commish Handles all the Scheduling. However U can post a request to play a user. Just Know that dealing with the schedule is Tedious, If the Schedule allows it then the game will be put in. However if it doesn't get put in then know that I tried to find a way, and will consider it for next season.

Off-season- To really put the recruiting in perspective, I want to keep the recruiting part fun and so for the weeks 1-5. The recruiting will begin Mon at 8am-8pm til the end of Week 5. Then the rest of the offseason will be handled in one night so we can get to Week 1. we will have a Psn Chat Room and the Commish will invite everyone to join us. This is so we can continue to stay together as group and enjoy each others company.

If there is any other details then I will add them. These are the Rules for Ncaa 2012. Remember the Game Releases July 12th.

I would really love for GG to Hit Premeir for next yr, So Everyone prepare to Make this the Ultimate Dynasty for everyone to get into.

Members for 2012
    the bouncer24
    pitt4life21
    JhuJay09
    Redwings8831
    MikeDredd-Commish
    BcDuggan
    SaintsDave75
    IndyBallin22

2. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Bamagrad>

I have some questions outside of what I already asked you regarding this, when I get some time I will text them to you.

3. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion