Growing our community

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by RynoAid, Feb 19, 2009.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Growing our community

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that i have had some preliminary conversations with the guys that run "The Old Fellas Football Leagues" (http://www.oldfellasleague.com/) about partnering up with us to grow our community and online dynasty base.

It would be a partnership.. they currently have 3 dynasties and a great management team that have really developed a nice group of guys that I think share our philosphy and principles about online gaming and builiding a community not just a league. They will have their own identity and continue doing there own thing from a rules standpoint and management standpoint, but we will share the same space, share the same content management on the front page of the site and really be a "team" philosophy. Im sure as we get to know them and they get to know us, things will start to sort themselves out and there is already crossover between some of their guys and our guys.

As you guys know already, were very particular about who we want to join forces with and there are several leagues out there that just don't fit in with us.. but these guys do in my opinion and i really think that it would be beneficial for everyone to grow with these guys.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up and get your feedback. Nothing has been decided or anything like that, just some good conversations about our leagues and how a partnership would work.

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Man, Ryno. I'm closely monitoring their Q&A session with you over there. You're so diplomatic. You're definitely our liaison to the rest of the gaming community, lol.

3. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

just to give everyone a look at the running dialogue currently.. heres the text from the conversations going on. I think it's a good read for our membership base to absorb too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archie Griffin -

If you have questions for Ryno, post them here. He will be checking in here, and will answer your questions to the best of his ability.

(This is the place to give your opinions, or just spout off aimlessly if you choose)

I'll start:

Ryno - What are your plans for the future of your site, and what role would our guys play in that future?

Thought I'd start with a hard one.

AG

Basis4aDay56

Re: Questions about Tradition Football
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Good question AG. Mine is for both of you:

Since the foundation is there to be highly sought after online dynasties from the get-go of NCAA Football 2010, what is the process in ensuring that the type of players that join are 'sim' players? That was the big reason for me joining [now] two OFF leagues, as well as the other online dynasties that I am in.

Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RynoAid

« Reply #2 on: Today at 09:39:26 am » Quote

Quote from: Archie Griffin on Today at 01:19:58 am
    Ryno - What are your plans for the future of your site
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Our plans are to create the #1 online dynasty community for the sim style player... i say community specifically because that is the backbone of everything at Tradition Football. We believe that the relationships built off the field, in the forums and through chat and interaction with your fellow coaches is just as important as the style of play we promote on the field.

We want to continue the growth we have had this year, but we will not sacrifice our principles and philosopy to do so. Partnering with the right people and staying true to our roots is important to growing the RIGHT way, not the fastest way.

We have invested alot in technology to provide the easiest most effecient platforms for facilitating that growth in an organized and professional manner and will continue you to do so. With the tools and software we have we're just scratching the surface right now, there is plenty of room to grow and create more useful and enjoyable functionality with both the content side and forums.

We will always invest in top of the line tools for our league and stay on the cutting edge of the online gaming world when it comes to creating the most enjoyable site for our members.

---------------------------------------------------
    Quote from: Archie Griffin on Today at 01:19:58 am
    and what role would our guys play in that future?

--------------------------------------------------
    RynoAid -
    OFFL would be coming in as a partner, you guys have developed something really cool here and in no way shape or form is TF trying to rebrand you or dictate to you our way of handling things. We are very careful about who we partner with and the simple facts are you guys share in our philosophy already, both in style of play and community development, so there is no need to try and modify anything you guys got goin on over here.

We think that combining forces will set us up to be the #1 online football gaming community as it stands now and put us (all of us) in a position to really bring sim style gaming to the forefront where it belongs.

Your management team would be a part of our management team... you web developers will be a part of our web developers... your moderators will still have moderating roles. This is a TRUE partnership.. not a "merger" or "takeover". We want OFFL to bring something to the table here too and we believe you guys do and will.. that is why we approached Archie and Sean to let them know what we think about you guys.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    RynoAid

Quote from: Basis4aDay56 on Today at 01:26:05 am
    Good question AG. Mine is for both of you:

Since the foundation is there to be highly sought after online dynasties from the get-go of NCAA Football 2010, what is the process in ensuring that the type of players that join are 'sim' players? That was the big reason for me joining [now] two OFF leagues, as well as the other online dynasties that I am in.

Thanks!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

RynoAid -
    I think making our expectations very clear from the moment people visit our site is the first line of defense against the wrong type of player joining our group. We make sure our brand represents our philosophy in the community and people associate TF with a sim style, community based organization of gamers.

We've always been upfront in evaluating new guys who join and giving them immediate feedback if their style of play isn't meshing with our philosophy. Actually, i've been doing this for so long it's usually pretty easy for me to recognize a good addition and even easier to recognize one that won't fit.

I also think that putting the right people in place to manage the leagues, forum and content is VERY important. As we grow, those leaders will be the eyes and ears of the community and if they share managements philosophy and principles it makes it very easy to keep our priorities in tact no matter how much we grow.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

DADDY AMP

« Reply #4 on: Today at 10:04:12 am » Quote

Will you be using your own rules? Sliders, Recruiting Rules, Qtr Length etc... or will you use ours? After reading AG's post on your league, perhaps I jumped the gun. Welcome.

RynoAid -

Quote from: DADDY AMP on Today at 10:04:12 am
    Will you be using your own rules? Sliders, Recruiting Rules, Qtr Length etc... or will you use ours? After reading AG's post on your league, perhaps I jumped the gun. Welcome.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

RynoAid -

We currently have 4 dynasties.. and i think in some form they all have slightly different rules/setups. I believe that as long as the same general principles are adhered to (str8, sim style community) that things like slider, qtr length, recruiting is up to the individual dynasty and the people playing in it. You guys would keep everything the same for you leagues and the same goes for us.... i think it's important to have some diversity in the game/dynasty settings. Though we all are sim players we may find we have slight preferences toward certain rules and settings and can find the right place for EXACTLY what, as a player, we think is the best fit for ourselves.

4. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Hello Everyone,

Just thought I'd drop in and introduce myself. I have to say I like what you guys have going here. Over at the OFFL site, we are engaged in a bit of a debate about what we're going to do next, but response to Ryno and drifter has been good, and I think the guys like what they see. We'll take our time in order to make sure everyone gets a chance to be heard, and then I'll reach out to the site leadership here and let them know what we're going to do.

I just wanted to say that we think very highly of what you guys are doing here, and unless someone has an objection we haven't gotten to yet, it looks like we'll be coming aboard. It's a bit early to say for sure, but we seem to be leaning that way.

Thank you for reaching out. I look forward to getting to know you guys.

AG

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    We are glad you are here...

time to time, we do venture into other parts of the forums...hope you don't mind us peeking into your leagues and getting a different look into how y'all approach your respective dynasties...I'm in tradition 1 and 3 and them alone are different...just like 2 and 4 differ as well...holla.

6. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Sounds good to me. Some of the differences in the way we do things migh be of interest. I'll get a rules page up soon so you can see how we approach the whole sim-thing.

From what I see, your gamplay is a bit more restrictive, and our recruiting is far more restrictive. Should make for some good reading.

AG

7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    yeah definitely looking forward to that...I think though we'll be tightening up the recruiting angles for us too because the talent difference between the CPU and user is getting a bit stretched out just a bit...

8. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

Great to have you guys, and it should be a nice joint venture.