GS trade offers

Discussion in 'Team Pages' started by Dru50, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

These are some potential deals I'm thinking about, that I'm looking at via the website. I'd like to get the committee's thoughts if possible.

Trade 1 - with Sacramento

GS sends:
    Monta Ellis, SG, 83 OVR, 26 years old, B potential, 2 years $22 million left on contact

Sacramento sends:
    DeMarcus Cousins, C, 70 OVR, 21 years old, B+ potential, 2 years $7.5 million left on contract
    Marcus Thornton, SG, 73 OVR, 24 years old, B- potential, 5 years $40 million left on contract

Trade 2 - with New Jersey

GS sends:
    Monta Ellis, SG, 83 OVR, 26 years old, B potential, 2 years $22 million left on contact

NJ sends:
    Kris Humphries, PF, 69 OVR, 26 years old, C- potential, 1 year $8 million left on contract
    Marshon Brooks, SG, 71 OVR, 22 years old, B- potential, 2 years $2.3 million left on contract

I believe both trades work under the cap, but I'll confirm tonight when I'm home. I'm more looking to see if I'm totally barking up the wrong tree with either deal. Please let me know if you think other pieces need to be added to make the deals equitable for both sides.

Bondzai
    JFace907
    BDSDIGITAL
    Blaza

2. Dru50

One more I'd like you guys to consider:

GS sends PF David Lee (79 OVR, 28 years old, A- potential, 5 years $68.74 million) and SF/PF Dominic McGuire (65 OVR, 26 years old, C+ potential, 1 year $1.4 million) to Milwaukee for PF Drew Gooden (66 OVR, 30 years old, no potential, 4 years $26.2 million), PF Ersan Ilyasova (66 OVR, 24 years old, C- potential, 1 year $2.54 million) and PG Beno Udrih (66 OVR, 29 years old, no potential, 1 year at $7.23 million with a player option at $7.23 million).

I think this deal works for the Bucks since they aren't going to be players in FA with their current roster, and getting Lee would upgrade their PF position significantly, giving the team one of the best PF/C combos in the east.

JFace907
    BDSDIGITAL
    Bondzai
    Blaza

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  3. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

The only one we say no to is the Sacramento trade as it pretty much leaves them without a center.

Dru50

4. Dru50

What if I gave them a C back? I could give them Kwame Brown (who is on an expiring deal at $7m) in exchange for someone from their team on a longer term contract maybe?

5. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Doubtful. We thought it was unlikely that Sac-Town would deal Cousins given the scarcity of real Centers.

Monta is nice but true franchise bigs are hard to find. Doesnt seem likely they'd deal a young talent in Thornton + Big Cuz for Ellis

6. Dru50

That makes sense, I'll move on. Thanks for the response.

7. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

Bondzai

what is the rule for how many times a player can be dealt? There is a trade in the works, but I'd need to be able to try and trade one of the guys I am getting before free agency hits.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012