GSUTiger's Toledo Rocket Dynasty

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by GSUtiger, Feb 3, 2011.

1. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

[​IMG]

i rack my brain and try to think of what team i want to play with in an Offline Dynasty..After going back and forth for awhile i finally tell my oldest daughter to pick a team. I give her the following schools: UL Monroe, Western Kentucky, Memphis, Akron and Toledo...Her pick was TOLEDO!!!! so i started up with them and i'm having a good time so far...I'm using the slider set from CoC but on AA until i sign my 2nd class of players..after that i will bump back up to Heisman..for the first season i have only played the Offensive plays and simmed all Defensive plays..i'm currently in a bye week..i will start updating from this point on

2. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Good pick.

Go Rockets!

3. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

I have finished the regular season with a 9-3 record. The 3 loses were to Ohio, Western Michigan and Purdue..Even with 2 conference loses i was able to finish first in the MAC West. Now on to the MAC Championship Game...​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG](9-3) VS #3[​IMG](12-0)​

4. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

MAC Championship: The Rockets put a end to Temples cinderella season. The Rockets win 34-24 Player of the Game: Soph WR Eric Page 5rec, 168yds, 2TD..long of 75yds

The Rockets jump up to #20 in the polls and are now headed to Washington D.C. to play Minnesota in the Eagle Bank Bowl

5. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

[​IMG]
    #20[​IMG] vs [​IMG]

The Rockets win this one 33-28..This game was really important to the players after losing to Purdue earlier in the year. They wanted to prove that they could play with and beat a team from Big time Conference. The win helps Toledo end the season with a 11-3 record for the year..Not bad at all for a 2* team

6. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

[​IMG]
    At the end of the season Coach GSU had a tough choice to make..He was offered a 5yr extension on his contract at Toledo and also recieved offers to become the head coach at UCLA and UGA..Coach sat there thinking for awhile and said he loved being part of the Rocket program and that he can see great things happening here in toledo. With that he signed the 5yr extension turning down jobs at bigger schools. Coach had this to say at his news conference "I have enjoyed my first year here. The players brought into my vision as well the players we have coming..This season was just the starting point of where i want to take this program. I'm here to stay not use this job as a stepping stone.

7. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

[​IMG]
    103rd Ranked Class in the Nation
    :3stars:QB Ryan Jones(#63 QB) Pinellas Park, FL​
    :3stars:T Chris Green(#98 T) South Euclid, OH​
    :3stars:G Wesley Collins(#77 G) Garfield Heights, OH​
    :2stars:G Sean Davis(#107 G) Girard, OH​
    :3stars:C Erik Phillips JUCO(#31 C) Escondido, CA​
    :3stars:DE Dedrick Byers(#75 DE) Warrington, FL​
    :2stars:OLB Demetrius Smith(#123 OLB)​
    :2stars:OLB Melvin Marquardt(#145 OLB) Westernville, OH​
    :3stars:CB Jason Gibbs(#70 CB) Sunbury, PA​
    :3stars:CB Nick Smith(#83 CB) Shiloh, OH​
    :2stars:ATH Tyler Wallace(#105 ATH) Flushing, MI​
    :1stars:FB Joe Shaw(#57 FB) Farmington, MI​

8. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

I need an update

9. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

you will get one soon mister i plan on getting the schedule done tonight and updating this thread with good stuff(depth chart, top 5 on my recrutiing board, schedule post,) before i kick off week one..

10. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Schedule FIU next year!

11. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

will do...where do you want the game played?

12. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Hm...play it at FIU. Watch out for TY Hilton (just a hint)

13. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

ok..just for UT will play at FIU week 1

14. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

2011 TOLEDO ROCKETS SCHEDULE
    WEEK 1: [​IMG]

WEEK 2: @[​IMG]

WEEK 3: @ #21 [​IMG]

WEEK 4: [​IMG]

WEEK 5: BYE WEEK​

WEEK 6: [​IMG]

WEEK 7: @ [​IMG]

WEEK 8: #14 [​IMG]

WEEK 9: @[​IMG]

WEEK 10: @[​IMG]

WEEK 11: @[​IMG]

WEEK 12: [​IMG]

WEEK 13: @[​IMG]

15. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Make sure you try to keep PA as a pipeline state. Recruiting gets tough if you're stuck with only OH and MI.

16. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

[​IMG]

Coach GSU has finalized all coaching hires. Coach is exicted about the group of coaches he has got to join him at the University of Toledo. They are all guys who have been winners in the game of football weather at the college or pro level. Coach will still maintain controll of the Defense at the Def Cord and Secondary Coach. Coach will run his base 4-3 based scheme.
    Here is a list of the hires and what they will be in charge of:

Bruce Eugune: Off Cord and QB Coach. Coach Eugene was an All-American at Grambling where he broke numerous passing records.

Edgerrin James: RB Coach. We all know how this former #4 pick in the '99 draft did durning his college and NFL days. He looks to bring that experiance to our backs here at UT.

Peter Warrick: WR Coach. We all know the highlight reel plays he made during his days at FSU. With him retiring from the game of football in the summer of '10 he was a great find.

Orlando Pace: OL Coach. Pace was a former All-American at tOSU and former first round pick.

Jermane Tuman: TE Coach. Tuman was a beast at his position during the late 90s with the University of Michigan. He was part of their '97 team that won the National Championship

Eli Rasheed: D-Line Coach. Coach Rasheed is hold over from when Coach GSU took over the program a year ago. This will be his 3rd season on the Rockets staff(2nd under Coach GSU)

Derrick Brooks: LB Coach. The former FSU and Tampa Bay great has got into coaching. During his interview he told Coach GSU he will coach the same way he played all out!

Rick Court: Strength and Conditioning. Rick is also a hold over from the last coaching staff as he enters his 3rd season here in Toledo. Coach Brooks will assisting him to help get players faster and stronger.

Recruiting areas:
    Coach GSU: Ohio
    Coach Eugune: Louisiana, Texas
    Coach James: PA
    Coach Warrick: North FL
    Coach Pace: Ohio and Indiana
    Coach Tuman: Michigan
    Coach Rasheed: Carolinas
    Coach Brooks: South FL

As of right now the following states are pipeline state: Ohio, Florida, Michigan, Pennsylvanina

17. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

18. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

PRESEASON TOP 10
    1. Ohio State
    2. Bama
    3. Iowa
    4. Oklahoma
    5. USC
    6. Arkansas
    7. TCU
    8. Auburn
    9. Virginia Tech
    10. Florida

19. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

MAC CONFERENCE OUTLOOK
    1. Temple(1st in the East)
    2. Toledo(1st in the West)
    3. Ohio
    4. NIU

5. Miami OH

6. Cent Mich
    7. Ball State
    8. W. Mich
    9. Bowling Green
    10. Kent State
    11. E. Mich
    12. Akron
    13. Buffalo

20. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

MEDIA DAY
    [​IMG]
    Reporter: Coach how do you feel going into your 2nd season at Toledo?​

Coach: I feel great! there is no other way to put it. We won the MAC last season and won our bowl game. We start the season ranked 48th in the country. We hope to finish this season once again ranked in the top 25.

Reporter: Coach your team now is 3* team will that changes any plans on the recuriting trail?

Coach: We are still lookin for guys who want to be "ROCKETS" its that simple. Only thing the extra star did was open up a couple of eyes on put them on our program. Will still keep our focus on our pipeline states and be on the look out for guys not in our states who send film into to our coaching staff.

Reporter: Speaking of your coaching staff, why did you hire the guys you did?

Coach: I want to turn Toledo into a winning program for years to come and what better way to do that then to have coaches who have been winners. Its all about the mind set. If the coaches are winners the players will want to be just like them and be winners. They know what the coaches did as players and they want to get to that level.

Reporter: Coach why the game against FIU?

Coach: Well, FIU had a fan(Jam.) who said hey coach why not play my school? So i called down to FIU they had an open date and will agreed to go down and play them.

Reporter: What are your goals for this season?

Coach: Well its starts the same every year beat rival Bowling Green! Our main goal is to win the MAC once again and keep building each week until we become a household name. My coaching contract calls for me to beat BGSU, finish in the top 3 in the MAC and beat a 5 or 6 star team. So we put Boise on the schedule for this season.

Reporter: Thanks for your time coach and good luck this season.

Coach: Anytime.

21. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

TOLEDO's Recuriting Board Top 5
    4* Serge Perkins(#37 WR)
    3* Jack McCoy(#1 K)
    3* Martin O'neill (#11 TE)
    3* Marshall Morales( #51 RB)
    3* Jerem Pearson(#98 WR)

22. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

ROCKETS 2011 DEPTH CHART
    QB: Austin Dantin (JR)
    RB: Adonis Thomas (RS SR) Impact Player, Preseason 1st Team All-MAC
    FB: Joe Shaw (FR)
    WR: Eric Page (JR) Preseason 1st Team AA
    WR: Kenny Stafford (SR) Preseason 1st Team All-MAC
    WR: Julian Bellinger (JR)
    TE: Danny Noble (SR)
    LT: Mike Vandermeulen (RS SR)
    LG: Philipkeith Manley (SR)
    C: Erik Phillips (JR)
    RG: Zac Kerin (RS Soph)
    RT: John Morookian (SR)

LE: Jayrone Elliott (Soph)
    RE: Christian Smith (RS Soph)
    DT: Malcolm Riley (SR) Preseason 1st Team All-MAC
    DT: Johine Roberts (RS SR) Preseason 1st Team AA
    LOLB: Isaiah Ballard (SR)
    MLB: Dan Molls (JR) Impact Player
    ROLB: Demetrius Smith (FR)
    CB: Taikwon Paige (SR)
    CB: Byron Best (JR)
    CB: Anthony Washington (RS JR)
    FS: Ross Madison (RS FR)
    SS: Jermaine Robinson (JR)

K: Ryan Casano (SR)
    P: Vince Penza (RS Soph)
    KR: David Fluellen (RS FR)

23. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Pregame: Fox Sports Midwest will be showing this game live(Regional Broadcast). Kick off is at Noon on Sat Aug 27. The ESPN Game Day team is picking the Rockets to win this game. Both Teams are C+ Overall, so this should be a good one.​

Coaches Pregame thoughts: We will focus on stopping the Air Force running attack, but i just want to see our guys people the entire game non stop full speed. We looked good in fall game, now lets see how we look in the opening week.​

24. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]

The Rockets come out and pick up where they ended the 2010 season. The played dominating defense against Air Force. The Falocons where held to 255yds total offense and only put 3 points up on th board. The Rockets put up 399 yds of total offense and 31 points. Coach was able to let the 2nd team defense get some playing time late in the game. QB Austin Bantin earned Player of the Game Honors. His stats 13-18, 306yds, 2TD. Kenny Stafford lead all WRs with 5rec, 122yds..MLB Dan Molls totaled 8tackles(7solo) with 5tfl and a FF. Up next the Rockets prepare for a tip down to FL to play FIU.​

25. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Pregame: This will be the 2nd straight Regional Broadcast game for the Rockets. This game can be seen on Foxsports South. Kickoff wil be at 12:30pm Sep 3. Once again the ESPN Gameday crew is pickng the Rockets to win this one. Toled is C+ Overall while FIU is C Overall.​

Coaches Pregame Thoughts: I want us to have another great showing this week. We do alot of recuriting down here in FL so what better way to show off your program than to play here where guys can easily get to the game or watch on local tv.​