GT- 45, LSU- 16

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Mogriffjr, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    GT- 45, LSU- 16

Coach Moreecemos went back to his roots this season, implementing his 3-3-5 defense and putting GT back to where he first had them in his 1st year...as an option team.

While the Yellow Jackets option run didn't do well (held to 113 yards on 31 carries), their ability to set up the pass with it was effective as Terrence Robinson had 163 yards and had 2 huge TD passes to keep LSU's defense off balance.

The other factor in the Yellow Jackets win was 5 turnovers, all via INT by GT. 6'6" FS David Alvarez had 3 INT's, including two he took back for TD's. His safety mate, 5'10" FS Michael Merriman had 2INT's he picked off as well and things seem to be normal around GT country. "For a while my defense wasn't as aggressive as I hoped and my offense really wasn't gelling...teams weren't afraid to face us and I hope with this statement win, we can put the rest of the country on notice that we are back in business," said Coach Moreecemos.

2. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

3-3-5 and the option?

[​IMG]

3. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

if it wasn't for 2INT for TD's and KO return for a TD, i would have been in this game. LOL... I felt i dominated the 1st half.. had Mo on his heels. If it wasn't for the KR for TD on the last play of the half, he goes in behind and flustered, but anyways, Mo, im tellin you, your gonna have a rude awakening when you can't rocket all over the field with the safety in '11... you won't be able to cover all that ground with locomotion....

looking forward to the day.

Whenever i get behind, things get ugly.

4. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

I have always thought that safety play was the most unrealistic part of the NCAA game. They can cover 50 yards in a instant if the user is adept and "Mo" certainly falls in that category.

5. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

locomotion will definitely help nerf that a bit.. i mean Mo will always be good, but what's going on in '10 right now isn't really football. When one player can cover three routes and change directions like that, it's almost impossible to pass consistently without getting burnt.

6. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

You get used to Mo's ability and you adapt, some better than me. I will always be more concerned with Mo's passing ability than his defense in this years game. Either way we are all playing the same game.

7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I'm actually looking forward to locomotion. If it balances out safety play, make my guys play up to their abilities at CB. Make sure that B.S. "I fall forward 3-4 yards animation" crap is done with. I've been victim of that way too much in 2010.

The tide was turned on that KR. It went from me being frustrated (ryno did not wanna pass on me and his run game was on) to him getting flustered. It's interesting though because a few of those iNT's my guy was just in the right position. I think the two my FS had were the ones that would piss anyone off because they both were one handed variety and I think he does have good to great hands.

8. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

I also agree with the 3-4 yards fall forward crap! Some guys have learned (Not me) to run the ball up the middle and carve out 3-4 yard chunks after being hit in the backfield by a defensive tackle. Give me a break!

9. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Running up the middle is cheese now?

10. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Lol I don't think he's saying that but being a guy that loves to bring pressure and sell out, you would like to be rewarded when you actually blow up a running play for no gain or for a loss and instead while he's going down, he defies physics and gains 3-4 yards UGH!

11. jfosh

jfosh Super

Ya he gets 3 or 4 yards sometimes. But that is a small counter balance to the agressive line setting that blows up the run lots and all the other BS the D can do to stop the offensive run game.

I figure something like that you know is in the game you plan for it. It can't be suprising or upsetting at this point. Same goes for the pop up INT. Dont want to throw those get rid of the ball.

Even though your saftey will not be able to cover as much ground. I absolutely expect MO to figure out how to have more picks on D than the next guy.

12. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Yeah, I guess it just depends on who you are playing as well as the personnel. For example Clemson is a beast with the Hit-stick. Kid has knocked out so many of my RBs its not even funny. I rarely get yards after contact against him, however I am usually able to have a little success making them miss as they try and crush me. Against a ragamuffin team like VT, it is just the opposite :). JK JMS.

But seriously, I like that backs with good BTK can fight for extra yards in those tight situations. I guess Im just remembering not so far away days when you would get clipped by a defenders toenail and fall down like you were shot every time. I didn't like that much at all.

13. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Alot has to do with rating on the 3-4 yards fall forward. I agree it sucks but there is nothing you can do about it. BB used to fall forward constantly. His back up Poole.....not usually he was weak and would more than likely move backwards.