GT @ Clemson

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by egofailure, Sep 20, 2010.

1. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

GT @ Clemson

Sure, it's an advance away, but is it ever too early to start talking shit? ;)

This is a big game for my boys. Can't say I'm not thrilled to be playin' in Death Valley.

Let's throw down, baby!

2. TD351

TD351 Walk On

This sucks, but, You are going to be playing vs CPU- I have to go out of town for a week. Next season will be the big one though! Once I get my system in place for a fresh season!

3. egofailure

Tom, that sucks, but no excuses next year! ;) I'll go easy on the CPU for you ...

4. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Waiting to hear the CPU pulls out the upset :D

5. egofailure

Haha, I realize that I may have jinxed myself here.

Hey Tom, are you having this week's game against Mid Tenn simmed, also?

6. TD351

TD351 Walk On

No, will play it today- was going to get it in yesterday but the PSN was down for maintenence.

7. TD351

TD351 Walk On

This is probably a longshot but if the UF/MSU game goes down tonight and we get an early advance tonight (just since everyone would be done with the week) then I could probably play you tomorrow (if you can play during the day- another longshot) as long as it is before 4:00pm or so-

otherwise I will put myself on auto..and.....my squad seems a little too cocky right now, so feel free to give the CPU a beatdown- they may need an attitude adjustment :p

8. egofailure

Tom, if we advanced early tonight, I could play you as late as you wanted. I typically hit the sack around 2 AM or later. That being said, I work your standard M-F, 8-4, so I wouldn't be able to play you during the day. :( If we can't play tonight, I promise to go easy on you. ;) And, hey, a CPU loss is never out of the question. You have a talented group ...

9. egofailure

Tom, can you go tonight? If not, it's the CPU for me tomorrow night.

As you probably know, I'd prefer that it be you. :)

Bring it!

10. TD351

TD351 Walk On

Could not get on last night- will have it on auto for you tonight!

11. egofailure

That's going to take a little fun out of kicking your team's ass - but there's always next year! And speaking of which, there's no way in hell that you're getting off the hook next season. No simming of ANY user games, especially ours! :)

You're going to miss Sunday's advance too then, right?

12. TD351

TD351 Walk On

Yes, but I have a bye week after you so I only need to recruit from Maui- will not miss another game

13. egofailure

Sweet, Tom. Have a blast, man!

14. TD351

TD351 Walk On

Thanks- I am on auto, so you should be able to play whenever- hopefully I see you in the ACC Championship game instead of next season!

15. egofailure

Tom, thanks. Just finished up a dandy lil' victory, but it was fairly close.

After this game, I'm never, ever drinking coffee before I play again. I was so jumpy that I allowed several big plays in the first half despite being in awesome position to make the stop. My stick skills were just ... "spaztic". The one GT highlight I saved was a perfect example.

I paused the game at the half, drank three glasses of water, and just chilled for a bit before resuming. From there, I opened up the second half with about a 6 minute drive that included several defensive penalties, two 4th down conversions with inches to go, (one just outside FG range and the second inside the 10), and a killer running game.

Defensively, I tightened up, and that was that.

Hopefully the recruits took notice! ;)

Edit: (Oddly, there's an error in the game stats. GT and I each punted twice, but it's not recorded that way.)

16. egofailure

In reviewing my game videos, I never realized that I dropped 8-10 yards back in shotgun plays. I'm hoping that was a rare case, as it looks really, really fucking stupid. It may be something I do out of habit, but I'm going to work to change that.

17. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I haven't seen your videos but is that 8-10 yards in addition to your 5 yards in shotgun? Or is that 8-10 total? If it is 8 total you should still be okay, a qb will still take a step-3 steps in a shotgun depending on the pass routes. 3 steps are rarer, but some programs do teach them, I know when I was at the florida coaches clinic last year they were working on them with Tebow and Brantley. I also know PSU uses some of them, but they are shorter steps.

18. egofailure

You're right Carol, but I wasn't in total. I've been working on it in practice mode ... I want all my highlights lookin' pretty. ;)