GT gets back on winning track

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Mogriffjr, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    GT gets back on winning track

A 41-24 victory over FSU may have keyed in what GT will be in the future.

- JR-QB Andy Jones got the start and threw for 248 yards and 2TD's while completing 69% of his passes (I honestly was going to go back to Cooke but I guess i didn't save my depth chart changes earlier!)

- FR-RB Clifford Perry ran for 80 yards on 19 carries and scored twice.

- SR-WR Shaun Brown caught 8 balls for 121 yards and a TD.

- The defense was stout. We sacked FSU 4 times (Edwards twice). We had 2INT's, (one returned for a TD), and we forced 3 fumbles which we all recovered. SS Michael Banks had a HUGE day with 7 tackles, an INT, 2FR's, and a TD. The defense really clamped down and forced 5 turnovers on the game, which was the difference in this game to keep a fiery FSU team at bay. GG Merih!

2. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

Meanwhile, FSU is sorely dissapointed in it's ball handling skills :D

It's not often that I can have 5 turnovers and still be happy with my decision making, but I felt that's how this game turned out for me. I was okay passing the ball, but I think on the two interceptions tried to fit the ball into places that my QB doesn't have the accuracy for just yet.

My defense was put into bad positions over and over again, but the offensive yardage was pretty even between the two teams; both had around 350 total yards. One thing I did excel in was getting sacks.

Good game Mo! I gotta admit, at the beginning when you came out 14-0 and then 21-7 in the first quarter I thought it was about to be a blowout lol. But I dug down and it was for the most part a 7-10 point lead for you.

Classy move taking the knees following that last fumble. Good look on the rest of your schedule!

EDIT: I'm still gonna log this in my mind as a 34-24 loss, if you don't mind lol

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

nice summary and good posts Merih!!

4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I was a little angry after losing to VaTech that I needed to get out quick. U held tough! Welcome to the ACC!