GT Pressers

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Diddy81, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

GT Pressers

[​IMG]

Coach you are now 5-0 with that defeat of Wake forest, talk has gone from ACC to National title contenders, how do you keep your team grounded?

Some are saying GT is the best team that we don't know about, how has the low media coverage despite being a top 5 team in one poll affect your team?

How have you done it without Nesbitt when will he be back?

Switching the offense despite the 5-0 start is that wise coach?

How has recruiting gone for you ?

2. fsuprime

fsuprime Definitely Maybe

Hi everyone, look forward to a great season.

3. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

SoCom Riddle of the Day:

Can a swarm of YellowJackets fly during a Hurricane?

Welcome to SoCom and the Big Bad ACC.

4. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

welcome

5. TARHEELBABY

TARHEELBABY LuDacRiz

6. spliff616

spliff616 Walk On

Welcome to the league.

7. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

coach you guys are a front runner to play for the National Championship how does it feel?

Who has stood out for your team ?

What will it take to run the table?

8. fsuprime

hi first let me say i did not realize you had edited the OP or i would have answered some of this after the 5-0 start. So let me answer 2 that are still relevant now.

Switching the offense despite the 5-0 start is that wise coach?
    We had to do something, our O-line was just not in sync with our freshman QB and it was creating awkward angles for our blocking schemes leading to many holding calls. The switch to an airforce type playbook has given Teddy Washington some formations he is comfortable with from h.s. mainly the shotgun and the I/oneback but still given us enough of our gt base formations to keep the rest of the offense comfortable.

How has recruiting gone for you ?
    outstanding. At the beginning of the year the staff had no direction, we had offers out to 35 players and none of them knew if they were our top priority or if we were for real. Since then we have signed 8 players, 6 4*s and 2 3*s. The 2 FS's we signed have a good chance to start next season and will be a big part of our team. The HB we just snagged from UNC has great potential in our offense...with the rest of our class we plan to fill needs on the OL and at MLB and it looks good.

coach you guys are a front runner to play for the National Championship how does it feel?
    Personally i feel fortunate that our schedule early in the season was weaker than first expected, it helped soften the blow of losing our leader and QB Josh Nesbitt for a few weeks. We have basically had to 'get up' for one game, and it took some luck and some big plays to beat UNC in our only real test of the season.

Who has stood out for your team ?
    At first glance an outsider might look to Roddy Jones HB. He has at least one reception, run, and punt return for a TD and has had a great year, but no one who follows cfb would say that, they would say Teddy Washington, the FR(rs) QB who has stepped in and really held it together for us on the offensive side of the ball. He has had his ups and downs with fumbles and ints, but he has made more than enough plays to make up for it.
    What will it take to run the table?

More luck, We face a very talented Miami team who can beat anyone on any give day, as well as a UGA team with a top 10 draft pick at WR in AJ Green and a recruiting hit list from the last 3 years to make most teams drool.

9. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Coach as proven in championship week, it's tough to beat a team twice, why so many turnovers in that one?

The Bowl powers that be scheduled a rematch with Georgia in Atlanta, was that purely a money maker? How do you feel about playing the Bulldogs again?

The game with Georgia and Georgia Tech was a close won, what will you do different this time around?

How hard will this team be hit by graduation, and where do you stand in recruiting?

10. fsuprime

Coach as proven in championship week, it's tough to beat a team twice, why so many turnovers in that one?

GT has always had a rocky relationship with the conference and it often leads to rigged conference games across all sports, ask FSU about this as well.

The Bowl powers that be scheduled a rematch with Georgia in Atlanta, was that purely a money maker? How do you feel about playing the Bulldogs again? Any time these two teams get together it means something, we dont like them, and they dont like us...

The game with Georgia and Georgia Tech was a close won, what will you do different this time around?

Well this time around we will not have QB Nesbitt, which could be a good thing after what happened there, we are going to be mixing some different play calling in for QB Tevin Washington in anticipate for our move to a WVU style playbook for next year. The move is part of my plan to change GT from the option to a multiple offense over a 3 year period, WVU still has elements of option that our current personnel can play with until i get 1 more recruiting class into the program.

How hard will this team be hit by graduation, and where do you stand in recruiting?

[/b]As of right now we only stand to lose ~14 players or so depending on any juniors who feel lucky. We have signed a class in anticipation of this, we have addressed our immediate needs at FS as well as bolstering the OL. We feel good about this class, but look forward to getting after the 2011 class asap.[/b]