GT vs Clemson

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Colemanchu, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

GT vs Clemson

Scoring Summary
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th End[/B]
    GT 7 17 7 6 37
    Clemson 3 3 13 15 34

Game Statistics
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    GT​
    Clemson​
    Score
    37​
    34​
    First Downs
    15​
    21​
    Total Offense
    417​
    375​
    Rushes-Yards-TD
    25-193-3​
    28-38-1​
    Comp-Att-TD
    14-36-1​
    24-40-1​
    Passing Yards
    224​
    337​
    3rd Down Conv
    9-14(64)​
    6-12(50)​
    Turnovers
    4​
    3​
    Possesion
    13:04​
    18:56​

Passing Stats
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    Player Cmp Att Yards TD INT[/B]
    Parham 24 40 337 1 3
    Jones 14 36 224 1 4

Rushing Stats
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    Player Att Yards Avg TD[/B]
    Smith 13 57 4.3 1
    Jones 12 110 9.1 1

Receiving Stats
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    Player Cth Yards Avg TD[/B]
    Ralph 7 129 18.4 1
    Brown 4 47 11.1 1

Wasted opportunities in the red zone and dropped interceptions hurt the Tigers as Tech kicks game winner with one second left.

As has become a custom at Clemson we allowed the Tech offense to score twice in the final two minutes of the first half. The difference this time was our staffs ability to make half time adjustments which led to us controlling the second half of the game turning a 24-6 halftime deficit into a three point lead with four and a half minutes remaining. Tech would then score a field goal to tie and stop us on three plays to get the ball back with less than a minute remaining.

After sacking quarterback Andy Jones on first down and getting an incompletion on second the Yellow Jackets had a 3rd and long to keep the drive alive. Jones took his time in the pocket and finally threw the ball up a receiver over the middle. Clemson fans rejoiced as the ball took a path straight for fourth year starter and all american free safety Tyler Love, who calmly stepped aside let the Tech receiver catch the ball and then made the tackle.

The game wasnt over yet as the Yellow Jackets were not in field goal range yet. Needing about ten yards to get into comfortable kicking range. Coach Colemanchu decided to really screw the pooch as he audible his defensive ends to rush at the last moment instead of stay in their designed contain. He also failed to take time to substitute out redshirt freshman Woods at MLB after senior Freeman went down with an injury. Woods will be a great player but we have better guys for that situation. Jones dropped to pass but saw no one open and took off for the sidelines, Woods who was in great position spying the quarterback, took a freshman angle of attack and let Jones run right by him for 15 yards. Tech immediately ran the field goal unit on the field and kicked the game winner keeping their title hopes alive.

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Yeah I thought I lost after that INT which I have no damn clue who he was throwing to. Then when I threw that pass into coverage I immediately thought I was screwed. But ya guy never reacted to the ball. Then that last play. U has contain with the LB and I'm not sure of his speed but I got past the ends and beat him to the sidelines. Your defense was great though and of course I got lucky when I really needed it.

3. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Yeah that play you made with Dunn though to come all the way across the field and pick off that slant route was not lucky. If you dont make that play he catches it for a first down inside the ten, giving me a good chance to run some clock and make it two scores.
    I think the MLB has 84 speed, but he just took a horrible angle. I should have taken over on both that play and the play Love missed. Oh and I was glad to see I'm not the only one who gets those pics where the QB misses my guy by 20 yards and floats it to the DB.

4. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Maybe they should have hit him when he jumped the guy on the ground?
    [YOUTUBE]cZZs7Czaapk[/YOUtube]
    What a disappointment this kid has been.
    [YOUTUBE]CeV_HK6p1ZM[/YOUTUBE]
    19 seconds left, 2nd and 16. Next play Jones scrambles to set up game winner
    [YOUTUBE]m7Wim3bH-xc[/YOUTUBE]

I saved the Dunn interception and scramble that set up the game winner but they wont upload.

5. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

Looks like a great game played by you two.

6. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Me and Cole have battles. His defense is pretty good. Helli woulda cursed me how I played offense. 36 pass attempts, 14 completions and 4 INT's...I apologize :(

7. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

That qb run was sweet, the two plays by the clemson safety were not.

Helli says Mo is the luckiest sob in the league...