GT VS Miami Discussion

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by jmillhimes, Aug 9, 2009.

1. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

May 18, 2009
    GT VS Miami Discussion

I have been busy with my daughter and trying to take care of my blog and my other account in the West. I noticed a discussion on Cole's blog about a certain pitch and a certain throw. The Pitch was my fault. I look at the replay and the pitch was late. I will take all fault on this. I dont play like this. However, I have lots of pass plays in my playbook that are Playaction off of options that result in my QB running toward the sideline. If thats a problem, we need to talk about it.

However, some of you crying for blood need to chill out. Ive played some of you online and I have seen far worse. I do not record and post video's unless as Archie mentioned it becomes an issue. I feel bad for the pitch. I lost the game but Cole never said anything. I dont need to cheat nor am I a poor sport. I have seen the following in 3 user games this year in the "E" league and West.

1) On 9 different times in a game. A QB takes off on his own on an actual pass play. Maybe this is legal?

2) A QB drops back 15 yards to give himself 10 seconds to pass to a wide open receiver.

3) QB sneek spotted three times in one game

However, I am not going to record every false play and scream foul about it. I know some of you have probably been ripped in the past with some of these screwed up plays. However, please dont scream bloody murder after 2 views. I trust Cole would have called foul if I did it all game. I do not play like that so I will let it go at that.

Cole, you were a great opponent. Thanks for the game.
  2. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Feb 23, 2009
    I would like to re-iterate that Jmill played straight up and I enjoyed playing against him.
  3. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Feb 11, 2009
    Fair enough, and since Cole said it was a straight-up game all around, I dropped it.

But if we don't get on these things with some owners - not you, but with some - they never get changed, and they happen over and over.

So I probably did go a bit too harsh on the comments, but it would be far worse if Commishes did nothing about questionable plays.
  4. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Jun 21, 2009
    I think this poor horse has been beaten enough, but since you brought it up again.....

In my previous comments I never said anything bad about you and I mentioned how we have no idea how the game went since we only saw those 2 plays and we can't jump to conclusions.

However, I wouldn't have expected to ever see anything like that pass play in our dynasties. You mention how you have a lot of playaction passes with roll outs, but that's certainly not what was in that video. In there, you turned around, sprinted straight back, then sprinted towards the sideline and then sprinted towards the sideline and then passed. That was certainly not a simple roll out and then pass. In both of my playbooks (one straight up spread, the other Georgia Tech's) I have a lot of plays like that and I simply roll out without sprinting back first to avoid the rush. I get stopped behind the line a lot, but that's the price I pay for leaving the pocket.

You mentioned that you've seen a lot of guys dropping way back in your UvU games. That certainly doesn't make it okay for others to do it. It just means that they shouldn't be doing it either.

Again, I think this horse has long been dead and Cole has said on multiple occasions that you played straight up and that's good enough for the rest of us since we weren't even there.
  5. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Feb 19, 2009
    I'll just say again what I said before. The difference between OK and not OK is the number of occurrences. I don't think it's a play style, so I'm not worried about it, especially since jmill wasn't in on all of our discussions about this sort of thing. No harm.