GT - Wreck Ramble

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Juggernautblitz, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

GT - Wreck Ramble

[​IMG]

Week 1 - Georgia Tech vs. Fresno State

Not much to report on this game, just getting the game summaries going. Georgia Tech outclassed Fresno State from the getgo and probably should have had a shutout if not for a couple untimely late turnovers by the GT offense. Next week the real season starts.
    Next game - User game vs. Clemson (Geaux)

2. Juggernautblitz

[​IMG]

Week 2 - Georgia Tech vs. Clemson

Atlanta - Geaux did a nice write up on the game and to the victor go the editorial rights. It was a defensive battle from the beginning as GT seemed to get away from their run 1st, run 2nd, run 3rd strategy and after they did it seemed that they were totally lost on offense. Paul Johnson will definitely be going back to the drawing board to add some more quick strike firepower.

Next week - #24 Georgia Tech at #17 Miami

3. Juggernautblitz

[​IMG]

Week 3 - Georgia Tech at Miami University

Miami, FL - It was a rainy day in South Florida and a dreary one for the Georgia Tech Yellowjackets. The game was close in the first half until a GT fumble set Miami up for a go ahead TD heading into the half. The 2nd half was an excercise in frustration for Coach Blitz as GT was hit with untimely penalties, a fumble by QB Nesbitt when he was simply diving at the end of a run (I hit x to slide and he dove, didn't get touched by a soul, and the ball plopped out in mid dive), and an unstoppable Miami passing attack led by Jacory Harris. After we got down by more than a TD I tried to get aggressive on defense and immediately was called for 2 personal foul facemasks in 3 plays (no joke) and had to abandon that idea. GT has still not found their offensive touch but today it was an inexplicable inability by the defense to slow down the Miami passing attack that led to the loss.
    Next week - was too pissed to look!

4. Juggernautblitz

Should have read, Week 3 - Georgia Tech at University of Miami Hurricanes

5. Juggernautblitz

[​IMG]

Week 4 - Georgia Tech vs. North Carolina Tar Heels

Atlanta - Georgia Tech faced their third top 25 ranked team in a row this week as the #9 ranked North Carolina Tar Heels visited Atlanta. If you like good ol fashioned offense, this was not the game for you. At times this game was as exciting as watching paint dry and in other parts it did not reach that level.
    The Georgia Tech defense that got torched by Jacory Harris and the Miami Hurricane offense last week definitely showed up this week as they held the North Carolina offense to under 150 total yards, garnered 2 interceptions, and allowed on 3 points.
    The Georgia Tech offense on the other hand continued the lethargy that has been their trademark this season. Whether it was the sliders or just breakdowns on the offensive line, the Tar Heels ended up with 10 TFL and 4 sacks and guessed correctly on nearly every play. If I was in an I form and running the FB up the middle they came out in a pinched line and if I was in the same I form and running to the outside they were spread and ready for it. Maybe they got ahold of our playbooks and could read our playcalls at the line or something but their defense was stifling. Somehow we managed to not turn the ball over and we fought hard on 3 scoring drives to secure a hard fought 13 - 3 win.

6. Juggernautblitz

[​IMG]

Week 5 - Georgia Tech at Mississippi State

Happy days are here again. The Georgia Tech offense has risen from the dead. This one was all Georgia Tech from about halfway thru the 1st quarter as the defense got sacks, created turnovers, and allowed the offense to play their game, running the ball and opening up the game with play action. There were no huge stats in the game just a solid effort all the way around as Georgia Tech excorcised some offensive demons in route to a 49 - 14 victory.

7. Juggernautblitz

[​IMG]

Week 6 - Georgia Tech at Florida State

What a game this was on a very rainy day at Doak Walker Stadium. The Yellowjackets got on the board first with a field goal and FSU would miss their own field goal attempt on their next drive. Things quickly got ugly after that for the visiting Jackets however as an errant pitch found the hands of an FSU defender and the endzone, FSU 7 - GT 3. FSU would soon score again to go ahead 14 - 3 and really put the pressure on GT. As has been their problem most of the year, GT just could not get it done in the red zone in the first 2/3 of this game and were only able to add 2 more field goals to make it 14 - 9. FSU would then score again in the 3rd quarter to stretch the lead to 21 - 9 and things were looking bad for the Wreck. GT QB Josh Nesbitt had other ideas though and he became Joe Montana for about the final 6 minutes of the game. Nesbitt led 2 scoring drives in the final frame, including the go ahead TD with :14 seconds remaining. There were a few 4th downs converted, Nesbitt scrambling for 1st downs, and all around clutchery by the Jr Quarterback.
    GT survived 2 ill timed fumbles, the fumble 6 for FSU and one late in the game that nearly sealed the deal, and 3 drops from FB Allen. FSU appeared to have this one in the bag heading into the 4th quarter but GT was able to dig deep and win a very hard fought game. Nesbitt was the games MVP followed closely by a defense that only gave up 2 scores.
    Final score GT 22 - FSU 21
    GT is 4 - 2 with Virginia Tech up next.

8. Juggernautblitz

Edit
    GT survived losing starting HB Roddy Jones on the 1st play of the game, 2 ill timed fumbles, 3 drops from 1 player and probably 5 total, to secure a hard fought victory over FSU.

9. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Good job man. I think there might be a glitch because every home game I play with Miami it is raining and the game I played at FSU it was raining as well. Good luck against Va Tech.

10. Juggernautblitz

Thanks, that will be a tough game but a win there could change my year around and vault me toward the top 10.

11. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Nice job Jugger.Im following along since I have GT in the "E" league. Almost win for win and loss for loss. I did blow a game against NC. I have FSU next

12. Juggernautblitz

Nice. Are you running the fleXbox One or something else? I still run some option but had to switch to a more balanced attack because it seems the options in the fleXbox One playbook all telegraph the direction it is going.

13. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Jmill ran a real good fleXbox One against me in the E League. It does tell give you a damn good idea where it is going but then again that FB might pop off 5 yards up the middle.

14. Juggernautblitz

[​IMG]

Week 7 - Virginia Tech at Georgia Tech

Atlanta - After many issue getting this game actually on the field to be played it ended up being well worth the frustrations for the Georgia Tech Yellowjackets. The battle of the Techs started off with the usual tension and nervousness that a user game should but ended in less than dramatic fashion. The #7 Hokies received the kick to begin the game and drove down into Georgia Tech territory with a combination of Evans running the ball and Taylor throwing to their big TE #8. The Yellowjacket defense stiffened around their own 35 and drove the Hokies back with a sack, forcing a punt on 4th down. For the 2nd game in a row the Yellowjacket return man questionably fielded a punt and promptly fumbled the ball, yielding a fumble 6 to VaTech, 7 - 0. At this point coach Blitz said to himself, "here we go again", as fumbles have been an issue for him and his teams since the very first game of the year vs. HotRod in the tournament.
    Sidebar - I don't use many jukes, spins, etc., and use the cover ball quite a bit so it disturbs me that I average a couple fumbles a game.
    Back to the game. Georgia Tech knew they needed a good drive to get right mentally and that is exactly what they got, almost. Tech drove the field with a combination of Dwyer, Jones and Nesbitt running the ball and Nesbitt throwing but after a sack that pushed them off the goalline, Nesbitt threw a ridiculous pass into the end zone which was picked by a VaTech D back. At this point all the Mo was with the Hokies, but that was the last bit of Mo they would have for the game. What ensued was an avalanche of good defensive play by the Yellowjackets, questionable decisions from VaTech QB Tyrod Taylor, and some bad luck/good luck that turned this game into a route.
    The Yellowjackets would score on back to back possessions to tie the game, including a sideline tip toe, avoiding about 5 tackles pick 6 from the Yellowjacket D, and then go ahead 14 - 7 going into the half. Coach Blitz could feel the game riding on the opening possession of the 2nd half and his Jackets did not disappoint as they took the opening kickoff down for a TD, 21 - 7. At this point Riley had to be miffed as he had not played bad but his drives kept stalling around my 35 - 40. Then the INT's started coming as he tried to get back into the game. I believe Taylor threw 1 INT in the first half and 2 or 3 in the 2nd and I don't believe Georgia Tech had to punt the entire game. The Yellowjackets ran the ball down their throat and outside of the opening drive INT by Nesbitt, he played a mistake free game, throwing for 2 TD's and running for 1. The real end of the game came when the score was 21 - 7, following an INT, GTech drove the ball down to the 30 or so of VaTech and on a 2nd down, Nesbitt took play action to throw a 30 yard TD with perfect touch over the jumping CB as he saw the FS come in to cover the middle of the field. This was the backbreaker and it was over mentally for VaTech after that. The rest of the game was just trying to run down the clock as Riley was obviously done playing and G-tech was still trying to get first downs.
    GaTech scored 2 more TD's and the final score was 42 - 7.
    This was probably my best played user game in a while as I am finally feeling comfortable with my offense and mixing up my D's. At some point in the 4th quarter I looked up and realized that my D had not given up any points, which is a first for me in a user game.
    The score was 42 - 7 but the real score should have been probably 28 - 7 or so. Riley played well in the 1st half and didn't deserve the final score to be that out of hand.
    Let's see GaTech climb back into the top 10 on the heels of this one!

15. riley420

riley420 Guest

And so goes the story of my user career.

A great first half, with some good defense smattered with some good offense. Give up 1 big play, throw an INT on the next drive and then the rout is on.

On that PA TD you threw, I almost threw my controller through my TV. I saw the ball get lobbed over my head and freaked...I never controlled anyone but a D-Lineman after that.

You played great D...I'm definitely not taking anything away from you...but stupid mistakes on my part killed me. I actually started getting a running game going and then would throw a PA INT...brutal.

Great game...you played very well. I had high hopes after my Big Hit fumble TD and INT in the endzone...

16. Juggernautblitz

I just finished my game summaries for week 8 and week 9 and then when I hit submit reply it came back as site too busy or some shit.
    Anyway, I don't have the energy to re-do them so here is the summary of the game summaries.
    [​IMG]

Week 8 at Virginia and Week 9 at Vandy

GT controlled both of these games with their running attack and conservative passing but the defense disappointed in both, giving up too many points, including 4 rushing TD's to the Vandy HB.
    GT 41 - 31 over Virginia
    GT 45 - 32 over Vandy
    Next up is Wake Forest with some important recruits in attendance.
    Where those Bulldog Bitches at anyhow? We comin soon.

17. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

that happened to me earlier this week. man that sucks when you have it all typed out and then when you submit it says too busy or no connection. I've learned to type mine out in microsoft word and then copy and paste

18. Juggernautblitz

Yeah, I usually copy it before I send but forgot to and sure enough it did it.

19. Juggernautblitz

[​IMG]

Week 10 - Wake Forest at Georgia Tech

Atlanta - Not much to report in this one as it was all Georgia Tech after we spotted the Deacons a 14 - 0 lead. The 14 points from the Deacons came on a fumble 6 and a shanked punt that led to another WF score. After that it was 100% GT ball. The game was tied at the half, GT up 28 - 14 at the end of the 3rd and the final was 38 - 14. GT running back Roddy Jones had 3 rushing TD's, 1 for Josh Nesbitt and 1 for FB Jonathon Dwyer. Nesbitt was also 11 -13 for 171 yards passing.
    The Yellowjackets have climbed back into the top 10 and will look to continue their winning ways versus the Georgia Bulldogs.

20. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Sorry it took me awhile to get back with ya. Yeah, I still use the Triple option. It does give away the direction your going. To bad you cant mix in some reverse plays. I almost had Cole but he pulled it out.

I cant keep my players healthy. I lost Dwyer for 4 weeks. He returns this week. I just lost Nesbitt for 3.

21. Juggernautblitz

Knock on wood I have been injury free this season. I like this team and they are young. Hopefully Dwyer comes back for his senior season.

22. Juggernautblitz

Weak 11 - Georgia Tech vs. Duke

Georgia Tech controlled this game from the outset with effective running and passing versus the Duke D but the Tech defense really let down and allowed way too many points. Georgia Tech wins but fails to impress or move up in the polls.
    Next game - Rivalry versus Georgia Bulldogs

23. Juggernautblitz

Week 13 - Georgia at Georgia Tech - Clean, Old Fashioned Hate

Atlanta - This was almost a season destroyer but Georgia Tech pulled this one out by the skin of their teeth. The GT defense could not slow down the Bulldog offense in the 1st half as Caleb King rushed well and Joe Cox hit A.J Green, Moore and #26 at will to open up a 17 - 7 lead going into the half. Georgia Tech drove late in the half but missed a 40 yard field goal wide left to leave the margin at 10. The 2nd half was competitive on both sides of the ball with the difference being the GT defense finally showing up for some stops. Tech drove down the field and Roddy Jones scored his 2nd rushing TD of the game to make it 17 - 14. The Yellowjackets D forced a 3 and out and the O followed it up with a Josh Nesbitt scramble on 3rd and goal for a go ahead TD 21 - 17. Georgia was able to drive the field but the Jacket D stiffened again and held them to a field goal, 21 - 20. GT followed that up with a field goal of their own to go ahead 24 - 20 with about 5 minutes remaining. After dueling 3 and outs, Georgia started on their own 35 with 2:30 minutes to go. Georgia looked like the Georgia of the first half as Joe Cox hit receivers at will, driving to the Georgia Tech 15 with under 2 minutes to play. It appeared that Georgia would take the lead as GT coach Blitz wondered why the hell his D had not caused any turnovers all game. Apparently the power of suggestion took over as the next play Joe Cox threw the ball into the endzone where it was intercepted by the Yellowjacket defender and downed in the endzone for the game clinching play.
    Final score Georgia Tech 24 Georgia 20.
    Next up - ACC Championship Game - rematch versus Clemson (assuming)

24. geauxtigers810

geauxtigers810 Walk On

Do you need VT to lose to get to the ACC champ or did that already happen? I haven't checked standings in a couple weeks.

I look forward to the rematch.

25. Juggernautblitz

Maybe I do. No offense to Riley but I would hope that after beating him 42 - 7 that I will be the one representing the Coastal but looks like it might not happen. I was looking forward to that rematch as I had only played a couple games of 2010 when I lost to you and Miami and I feel much more comfortable with my playbook and gameplay now. That probably kills any chance of getting in the BCS championship game as well. SHIIIIIIIT!!! I hate Jacory Harris!!!!!!!!