Guess who's back?

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by MileHigh Hitman, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Guess who's back?

Two CU backs go round the outside,
    Round the outside, round the outside..
    Two CU backs go round the outside,
    Round the outside, round the outside..

Guess who's back, back again
    Hitman's back, tell a friend
    Guess who's back, guess who's back,
    Guess who's back. Guess who's back?

I created a monster, cuz nobody wants to
    See Nebraska no more they want Buffs
    NU's chopped liver
    Well if you want Hitman, then this is what I'll give ya
    A little bit of pass mixed with some hard option
    Quick counts that will jumpstart my heart quicker
    Then a shock when I get shocked at the hospital
    By the Dr. when I'm not cooperating
    When I'm rocking the table while he's operating "Hey"
    You waited this long to stop debating
    Cuz I'm back, I'm on the rag and ovulating
    I know you got a job Ms. Cheney
    But your husband's heart problem is complicated
    So the FCC won't let me be
    Or let me be me so let me see
    They tried to shut me down on MTV
    But it feels so empty without me
    So come on and dip, bum on your lips
    Jump back jiggle a hip and wiggle a bit
    And get ready cuz this is about to get heavy
    I just settled all my lawsuits, "Fu*k you,Huskers!"

Now this looks like a job for me
    So everybody just follow me
    Cuz we need a little controversy
    Cuz it feels so empty without me..

(y)

2. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

That is simply hilarious.

Welcome back.

3. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Hahaha great stuff. Welcome back man! I KNEW we couldn't keep you away from all the fun for long.

4. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Good one...Ha.

Now I've got someone else in the Big XII with me...Welcome (back)!

5. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

I'm confused. Hitman, I'm a fan of yours and want you in the league, but would you mind telling us what's changed since you quit a few weeks ago? As far as I know, the disconnect issue hasn't been fixed.

Not to bring up ancient history, but this isn't the first time I've been in a league you left after a few weeks (O30C last year). You know how it goes, "fool me once...". Plus, having people come and go, especially mid-season after schedules have been set, is disruptive. It's unavoidable to an extent, but you just did both in about a 2 week span.

That all said, if you're committed and promise you're in it til the end of the year, I'm happy to have you, and another team in the Big 12. Honestly, I wouldn't say that to just anyone under the circumstances.

6. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I think many of us got burned out early. More of us will get burned out as we try to maintain three or four leagues going forward. I think, if we put a good system in to deal with disconnects, and manage to lessen the frustration there, we'll be fine.

Good guys are good guys. I'd take PK back in a heartbeat, and he's been in and out a bunch of times. For me, it's just better to have guys we know. And Hitman's all class on the field, and great to have around the forums. We should consider ourselves lucky.

Not that you're saying otherwise.

AG

7. I respect what you say Dat. I also understand your concern. The one thing that O30 and this season have in common is that I was flat out in too many leagues. Add that to disconnects and I had no passion. Keep in mind as well that I did not come to AG.. He let me know that a spot was open. We talked about a few things and I decided that if I play with one team, in one league then I can do it. I also enjoy talking with you all. Great group of guys here.

Disconnects are still an issue. To remedy the disconnects, if I have a user game I will attempt to play it. If it disconnects then I am not trying again. I won't test my patience. I am fine with a SIM or the person I am playing plays the CPU. If that keeps me sane then I am all for it.

Hopefully that helps anyone that had any doubts.

8. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

I like Hitman, I think his plan and reasons for being in the league make sense. I just hope guys realize that the coming and going is a nuisance for the league. Sometimes things happen, but the decision to leave or rejoin isn't one that should be made lightly, that's my only point. I think some guys just make the decision too quickly. In this case, it's undeniable that Hitman jumped the gun on quitting, because he's back 2 weeks later. On a note that may be related, I'm pretty sure I've seen him change teams about 5 times (bouncing between Colorado and other schools). Flaky may be too strong a word, but I'm certainly noticing a pattern of "restlessness". I just want to make sure he's committing to staying in the league, with Colorado, barring significant unforeseen circumstances, for the next 9 months or so. If he's giving his word on that, I'm 100% happy to have him back. I'll need someone to commiserate with when the Broncos are in the bottom 5 of the NFL this year.

Hitman's point about being in too many leagues is dead on though. We tend to jump into multiple leagues way more often than we should. Some of us can handle it. At this point, I know I can't. I've been so close multiple times to trying to get a spot in the TB league, but I keep resisting because I know it will detract from my enjoyment of / participation in this league. I'm always wanting a little more, and that's the way it should be. Multiple leagues always seem like a great idea this time a year, but they lead to burn-out for 80% of us.

9. Nail on the head right there.

10. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

I for one am glad he left b/c I believe his slot being open let me walk in and join "The E"...Thanks!

11. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Glad to have you back.

12. I see some mixed feelings. I can understand that and can't argue with it. Only time will answer peoples questions.

The best way to put this is I love college football. I love this league and the people. I HATE trying to get these user games in with the disconnects. It killed my enjoyment. So even though I did jump the gun, I still love college football and this league and it's owners.

I am going to enjoy it for what it is, try to stay in one league and I just will have to have some user games simmed or my opponent play the CPU. I just cannot let that one aspect ruin what I love about this game and league.

It may not be the best solution but until EA fixes this, it may be my only solution.

Edit: the teams I follow in RL are ND, Colorado and Air Force. So if I ever get into any other leagues it will be with these teams. I tried to play with others just to expand my horizons but I am gonna stick with what I know.

13. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

How little time it was. I'm actually impressed if this was all a joke. Well done, Hitman.

If this wasn't a prank, the irony is that disconnects seem to have been solved, and lag is almost non-existant. My guess, however, is there's no irony in it because disconnects in this case was just the excuse du jour.

And I saw Hitman playing Call of Duty last night before and after my game with Basis, so I'm not hearing any bs about time / life circumstances.

Sometimes we need a little less civility on these boards. If Hitman really is gone, F him. Cue Joe Wilson.

14. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

AG if we need a new owner can you and I talk? I have a couple really good guys in mind.

Perfect fits for this league imo.

15. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

:(

Sad but true. As the guy that recommended trying to bring him back, I feel kind of like the friend who recommends another friend for a job. Then, the friend is a terrible employee, and is fired, and makes the guy who recommended him look like a douche.

16. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

No sweat Basis. None of us questioned him as a member. While he was here, he was fine. Unfortunately, he's as flaky as my grandmother's pie crust. Or "as flighty as a feather" for you Sound of Music fans out there.

17. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

That does NOT paint a very good picture for those of us whose minds are constantly found in the gutter... :eek:

:D

18. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Do you expect to find many Sound of Music fans on here? Obviously you're one, but I doubt that there's another!

19. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

No, I didn't, but here's hoping. "I Have Confidence...strenth doesn't lie in numbers"

Maybe I'm too old for this one, I've never heard it before. Although it doesn't take a big stretch to have an general idea what you're talking about. That's just gross.

20. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

It just led my mind down a horrible path... it wouldn't have been anything you've heard before. Ahhh well... :D

21. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

22. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

23. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    * throws up in his mouth *

Anyway, Hitman has officially broken the Shaun Rule.

24. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

[​IMG]

Best Smiley ever.