Guide to Season Showdown

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Dec 15, 2009.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Guide to Season Showdown

This was originally posted by HackGolfer, and I've made some changes to it. There seems to be confusion about what is what when the things appear at the bottom of the screen. The two in red are run and pass commit. Keep in mind it is okay in this league to highlight a receiver. That is truly a risk reward as your D will shift towards that player. It will say "Played the Pass" still, but it will be a little more obviously that they were keying the receiver if they get a knockdown or something against your #1 receiver or someone you've been throwing to all game.

2. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

One question Murk, how can you tell the difference between someone using general pass commit vs someone keying on a WR? It just seems that is something that would be hard to differentiate.

I've never tried the keying on WR option, is it very effective?

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

It won't happen, but once or twice a game if someone is even using it. They have to first guess right as to who you will throw it to (and if you will even throw), and then the defense will have to make a play. No, it doesn't make it impossible for the receiver to catch the ball, or for the defense to make a play. I used it affectively against jman in TT IV where he kept throwing little out routes to the guy in the slot, and I keyed on that guy and my OLB in the 3-4 jumped it and picked it off. (j, I also keyed on him because he had the same last name as your 99ovr guy and I thought it was him lol!)

4. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Haha, I was hoping it would be a good little decoy with having the last name...alas...I should've thrown to my stud and not the flat haha.

5. Shmeezil

Shmeezil Walk On

I'm going to be honest...I have no idea what it is we're talking about here.

6. dharvey09

dharvey09 Walk On

Quoted for truth

7. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Keying the receiver..

hold down the left trigger and then press whichever letter receiver you want to "key"

This will make your players focus more on that receiver than the others. Obviously enabling them to have a better chance at making a play if the ball is throw to that receiver.

8. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

Does anyone actually use this? How effective is it?

9. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I should've tried it on Dez Bryant in Big 12 championship.....

10. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I tried to use the 'key on player' on Nebraska's TE on one play in the Sugar Bowl, when I was in a man defense with double safety help deep. The QB completed the pass to the guy 20 yards downfield and he was open by 4 yards. This is why I've never used the feature, because it doesn't seem to work at all for me.:HoosierHoo:

11. dharvey09

dharvey09 Walk On

hahaha yeah I never use it either for that reason