Guidelines to CPU Trades

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by kdpnutter, Jan 30, 2011.

1. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

So with all the impending CPU trades that are being attempted, I thought a tutorial could be done by Keller or Seachicken in regards to what is needed for a CPU trade to be approved. I think it would be helpful for us because we really don't know exactly what trade committee members are looking for on it to be approved. We hear that is has to "favor" the CPU but it's kinda of broad for us to understand. So can we get a tutorial like we did for recaps and other things for the CPU trades?

@ Keller
    @ Seachicken

2. stryder24

stryder24 Walk On

absolutely agree. I think "Favored" seems to been more... "CPU has to get the better deal" And everyone has their own opinions on things, so the CPU should be consistent.

3. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Theres no guideline and there never will be. Its a judgement call. I know that sucks but it is what it is.

4. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

Its all judgment, one PVP/CPU trade is going to get approved and the next is not. Its a gut instinct thing, we want to give all the owners what you guys want, but at the same time protect the value in integrity of CPU teams.
    They are not there to be reduced to pushover crap rosters. or to be used as extra draft picks where the CPU goes 0-16 drafts #1 takes a stud player and then you offer an 89 overall 38 year old punter for a 81 overall "A" pot 99 speed wr because you traded all your own drat picks for shit during the season and now want to get free players.

I realize that sounds harsh, But somewhere out there are 9 more owners we want that wont join to play with a team full of geriatric punters and 67 ovr QBs.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Keller

LOL!

6. Keller

lol nutter, you need to work on your tagging skills.

Maybe I need to write a tutorial on that too - everyone seems to F it up still

7. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

lol excuse me i forgot the 3, it is a little tough from my cellphone sometimes to get it all in.

8. Keller

I guess I do need to write a tutorial

9. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

lol I don't need a tutorial, when I'm on the computer it's easier than when I am trying on my cellphone, sometimes I don't get all the characters in.

10. Keller

riiiight

11. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Well I just thought a tutorial might help but since there really can't be one, guess it is a mute point.

12. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

I have a great tutorial.....don't do CPU trades, not to be an ass. But if someone is going to get a great deal...because the commitee's gut is full of beer, and another owner is going to be declined because its a bad gut feeling moment.....it just needs to be eliminated all together.

Keep trades amongst users, and why veto user vs. user trades? educate me?

@seachiken3
    @JoHud
    @Jmustang1968
    @rushers24
    @kdpnutter
    @Keller

13. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

It's pretty simple. CPU trades have to fill the CPU team's needs and have to favor the CPU. You cannot just package guys that are expendable on your team for another player u covet. You have to make sure the players you are trading have a place on the CPU team.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ChickenOfTheSea

Can't speak to how everyone will handle themselves on this committee, for myself, I try to make the best decision with the information I have. in other words the information that is there. not an owners evaluation of the value of his players to the CPU. News flash you would not be offering the CPU a trade just the help them out, its called a "trade" you want something, you are just hoping your currency is enough that get the CPU's merchandise. Additionally no one has "Gotten a great deal" from the CPU. Do your homework before joining and then insulting the Beer gut laden committee your second day. there is a different standard for PVP trades. because owners are involved we try and respect the owners agreeing on "reasonable" trades to know whats best for their team.

If you want to trade a your #1 Pick for a 90 rated Kicker because you are planning to make the Superbowl and the guy with the Kickers agrees, Thats a trade that will likely go through. you trading your 99 OVR 36 year old DT that you signed the year before to a HUGE FA contract to win the big game, for a 5th rounder will never get my vote. There is a test of reasonableness to be applied.

As @Keller put it so nicely, if you hate the system and the restrictions so much go pay for a lifetime Membership here at TF, to prove you have a long term vested interest in helping the TF Madden community. Then Convince TF leadership to trust you to start your own league and you can vote in a set of rules one line at a time JUST like the Merged Owners of SMFL and TMFL1 did at the reboot 4 months ago. Then you can make a rule that says unlimited trading PVP is allowed without review, no trades may be made with CPU teams. Problem Solved.

15. NateDawg

NateDawg GT- MIZ Nighthawk

^^^^^^^[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

Fair enough...and I wasn't attempting to insult anyone saying they had "beer guts". I stated gut feel of beer as in "drunk" or feelin good. You are right you guys run the show, and this is was just my opinion/"gut feeling" about cpu trades. I do run my own Madden Franchise as well with a dedicated website and forums of my own designing (www.onlinedynasty10.webs.com) , and I've been running leagues since NCAA '09 online dynasty. They have been very successful and always run full steam until next years games begins august/september. So, I just figured I had a decent idea of whats good for a league or not. Like you basically said, my opinon about rules holds no wieght until I decide to pay for a lifetime membership and hope TF leadership would allow me to start my own league here....

I wonder if I can just move my league here, since its already been started many moons ago. I like these forums, and appreciate the large community here.

17. Keller

Okay guys, lets keep things in check here. I can easily see this conversation getting out of hand.

X, I told you however long ago you should move your leagues here. You would have to take a serious look at all your owners and such as NON-SIM and OUTSPOKEN owners would draw the ire of tradition admins quickly. I knew you would be fine here, but I'm not so sure about the others.

"Grab ya baby nutz" lol.

18. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

lol...dboi isn't in the league anymore

19. ChickenOfTheSea

20. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

@Seachicken3

hint: Think good old WWF. Brett the hit man heart "Excellence of Excecution" XLence of XQtion

21. ChickenOfTheSea

That still doesn't help me spell it!

22. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

lol not to be technical well actually it is kinda fitting, his name is actually

Bret "Hit Man" Hart, and he was a very technical wrestler. [​IMG]

23. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

My favorite wrester kicked him in his head and ended his career. He's the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be, until Goldberg beat his ass

24. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

It is true that Goldberg did kick him in the head and gave him his first stroke unfortunately for Bret.

He truly was the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be

25. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

he was also know as THE excellence of excecution.