Guys I have made a mistake

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by carolinaeasy, Aug 11, 2010.

1. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Guys I have made a mistake

Arch has brought it to my attention that I have illegally simmed parts of my games versus the computer. For this I am sorry. I have put the integrity of our league at stake by simming portions of my game while on defense. While I did this with out ill-intentions, I still must pay the price. I ask of you folks to decide on a fair, just punishment, but I do not want to be barred from this dynasty. I am having the time of my life here and do not want to lose it due to a rule I never saw written in the by-laws. And if it is written, then I did not read it, nor find it in my research this evening.

Please keep several things in mind.
    1. I did the simming because I have been in two a days the last two weeks and have found myself rushing to do stuff in addition to my games. No excuse, I am only telling you why I did it.

2. I did not cheat Alabama, the restart was genuine and true. I did not feel like the goalpost was fair, and did immediately contact Archie, he was online, but not at his console. I waited and got nothing, so I restarted. I know some of you do not believe this, but I want to make clear that it DID happen this way.

3. I did not beat any user controlled teams, and would be willing to take a forced loss or two if that is what the league wants.

I only want to continue here, I enjoy this community, and feel that being kicked out for something not in the rules, with out a warning is a bit much. Please discuss and I will accept whatever you guys decide.

2. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

dude. dude...

i have one issue. why in the hell did you not say this before? we already had one guy sim crap and get called out for it (although it was harmless) and with all the fire you have been receiving, it takes archie going undercover on your tail for you to admit it?

weak sauce friend.

ftr and to be sure, i actually think you are a nice guy. not even really all that fired up about the whole deal. but, that is some pretty weak and unnecessary withholding only to confess after the fact. what else is gonna happen? again, no big deal...its video game football. but i will say the whole point of me joining tradition was for none of this drama bullcrap. you seem to be a bit dramatic dog.

dude. i mean...dude. whoa.

3. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

and archie...you are like a modern day sleuth. i will never cross you. lmao. wholly crap!

oh...and if you simmed part of Bama game...which you clearly did as plays vs TOP for cpu shows, you indeed cheated the game.

4. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Sorry guys didn't do this as something illegal It is not in the rules and I only did to fi ish quicker

Sorry again and I guess I am out I hate it ends this way but he'll I am willing to forfirt the rest if the season just for a chance to continue but it doesn't look like it is possible

I really did enjoy this and once again I did not know I was breaking the rules as this was not in the posted rules
    I feel that getting booted with out a warning for an unwritten rule is harsh

5. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I appreciate the admission, but I want to make one thing clear. Then I'll step aside and let the whole thing play out.

When it's over, I'll decide. I'll listen to everyone, but this isn't a majority vote kind of thing ... and we don't propose our own sanctions in our admission of guilt. I'll make that call, with some help from the commishes of every league.

Here's the issue in a nutshell. SuperSim can be used to:

1 - play defense for you if you can't stop someone yourself. This can be used strategically to get stops you don't deserve, or keep the other guy from running clock. It can win you games you have no business winning.

2 - extend the game and give you more snaps. Since simmed plays take much less time, so you get more possessions, and more chances to score. More snaps equals bigger stats, equals awards, wins, recruits, the whole freakin' enchilada.

It's a big deal, at least in this small pond.

For those of you who do it, know that I will catch you. Play your snaps. Run a sim game.

We have discussed this before, so I am considering this an intentional thing. And I do not think it is the only thing.

That's all I got. You guys talk it over.

AG

6. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Also I'm on my mobile on a bus back from a scrimmage I can't really type too well on it