Guys - we need to get our games in

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by theSANDMAN215, Feb 18, 2009.

1. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

Guys - we need to get our games in

and play our user vs. user games. It should not take us 3 and 4 days to complete each week. If you don't think you have time for this league please let me know so I can find someone else. Please post your scores in the scores thread as well so I don't have to constantly log on to 360 to see who has finished and who has not.

thanks.

2. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Faded and I were scheduled for tonight, but he didn't show (at least not on time). If you need to sim, go for it.

3. theSANDMAN215

your cool - we just advanced yesterday.

I don't mean to sound like an ass either.

4. theSANDMAN215

guys - just getting your games in is not all we need. i'd love to see us more active in the forums to make the league more fun. :beernana:

5. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Yup, this isn't a "play your games only" type of league... You need to be active in the forums, active with your game summaries and generally engaged in the day to day happenings of TTIV

The league will benefit and you will benefit because your interest and fun will spike with everyone taking a pro-active approach. It will bring your dynasty to the next level of sim and you will build bonds and rivalries with guys in the league and that's what TF is all about.

I'll be watching too, so pick up your game and activity. If you need examples.. just see the other TF leagues are doing and how much fun can be had when everyone participates.

6. I am wondering if people are not as into it because of their teams? Maybe once we have a great core which I think we are darn close, we can adjust what teams we have? Such as expand to WAC and MWC for example as long as we pick crap teams and keep it even.

just a thought.Edit: To clarify, I like the idea of crap teams and building them. I know a few of us are not CUSA or MAC fans. I live in Colorado so using me as an example, Air Force and Colorado State I have more of a connection with. Still crap teams but more invested in how they do.
    Again, just a thought. I am in training at work and can think while daydreaming.

7. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yes having a team you are interested in outside of this game is a huge deal I think. I cant imagine playing with any other team but PSU!

8. I feel you there man. The only issue is that if we did make a change the point of TT IV is to have lower end teams and build em. I am a huge Notre Dame fan but PSU and ND would not work. The teams would need to be midtier or lower like CUSA and MAC teams.

9. HoosierHoo

HoosierHoo Walk On

Well, having Penn State wouldn't work, but Notre Dame is pretty much a lower end team these days. :p

Oh, and you are not allowed by league rules to reference Indiana basketball in crafting a reply...

10. True, hahhaa.

Well Indiana basketball.....Damn

11. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

Expanding on this thought by Mile, i agree with you completely. I am a Husker fan, and it brings another level into the dynasty than just playing with Colorado, well maybe i could pull a Rick N. there.

Having to play with somebody like SouthNorthEast Missouri would be different than knowing who will start the first year at RB Lucky or Helu. You can make the decisions that your real life counterpart screwed up.

12. theSANDMAN215

hey - you coming to Virginia Tech this year for the Nebraska game? If so, maybe you could come by our tailgate.

13. I agree with you Mutt.

Couple things. What are the "themes" of the other TT leagues? How set in stone is TT IV being MAC and CUSA?

Sandman - I never knew much about VT while living in Colorado but I was recently introduced to them coming on the field. OMFG that is bar far, the best college football entrance I have ever seen. MADNESS. Fans jumping up and down, great song. WOW.

14. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

TT is Big 12, Pac 10, Big 10
    TT II is same with majority of teams being those not used in TT
    TT III is ACC, Big East, low rated SEC teams from the West i believe.

TTIV theme was not dictated, it was chosen by you guys when we set up the league... so if it's not what you wanted then by all means, rehash that out and find a setup that better suits you if you all agree.

15. Yep, I recall that but I was curious as now we are MAC and CUSA. I am curious to everyones thoughts on this. I love TT and I think we are close to having the core group. Some come and some go. I just think to make this as good as the other 3 TT leagues, we need to figure a way to get people the teams that would keep them interested.

Ideas?

I am not sold on the "any" team concept. No real challenge but it would make user vs. user games huge.

Any way to get a poll on maybe the commish's top 4 ideas?

I.E. Big 12 and Big 10, Any team, Any team in any conference under a certain rating. Etc... Or Texas vs California vs. Florida in a which state rules.. etc.

16. Or another idea, All players could list their top 2 or 3 choices. From that we could always find a theme in there or a way to make it work. We tried something as a league and some don't care for it anymore. Part of the growing pains of a new league so lets all decide on a change so we can make TT IV that much stronger and the place to be.

17. theSANDMAN215

if we switch - i'd like to keep it 2 or 3 conferences, that way we all battle it out for the conference (3 or 4 teams per conference)

i actually thought of having all-SEC type league, or all one conference. the big downside to that would be all the user vs. user games each week.

18. I think the all SEC type idea would be fun but down the road. I dont think as a league we are ready for User vs. User for each week.

But in following your 2-3 conf idea, any limitations to what conferences and/or what teams? I ask because lets say Big 12 is one of em. I personally would like to build up Colorado for a challenge. It is more fun "to me" than building Oklahoma.

19. I think a lot of people, myself included settled on CUSA and MAC because it was suggested and I know I was just excited to be in Tradition Football and wanted to get started. Now I think we should take the next step.

Thanks for letting me add my 2 cents.

20. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

I've had a tough time connecting with my team, but that might just be a poor choice on my part. I'd certainly be up for any kind of re-shuffling.

21. I was hoping the Sandman would post but then I saw Virginia beat VT tonight. We are probaly all going to get fired.

22. theSANDMAN215

LOL - it was a terrible game.

23. I figured since you lose to Virginia but beat #1 Wake