Guys

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Masler, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

I'm going to be honest here. I'm getting tired of this game again. It irritates the hell out me plain and simple. I have a long list of complaints but here are the main ones:

• CPU QB Read Option works to perfection every time, not to mention the QB can run anyone over for about the first 5 seconds
    • I can always tell when the CPU is going to run a screen and I call man coverage and still get nowhere and they get 25 yards per screen
    • I attempt a Read Option and cannot net more than 5-7 yards roughly
    • I attempt a screen and cannot gain a single yard
    • Unstoppable CPU teams. At some points they literally feel unstoppable.
    • My own impatience with the game. At this point just about every aspect pisses me off and I do not enjoy the game.
    Thus said. What is everyone's feeling about the future of the league? I've heard rumors of updated 2014 rosters in the future but at this point the gameplay holds me back.

I don't want The Experience to die but at this rate of interest I am seeing and the lack of ability to add more users has crippled my interested once again.

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

1. If the QB is gashing you on read options, put your option defense on aggressive. You'll then force the give to the HB and you only have to stop him, just like on any normal running play. I actually keep mine on balanced and if I'm expecting an option I'll blitz to the side the QB will run and usually stop him for a loss.
    2. I actually hate CPU screens for the opposite reason as they're basically an automatic loss. I almost never give up 25 yds and I stop them for a loss at least 90% of the time. They're really easy to read after the snap (by watching the OL obviously which you should be doing for all plays anyway). Once I read it, it doesn't matter if I'm controlling a LB or a DE, I can (with my poor stick skills) navigate through the blockers really easily to tackle the back for a loss almost every time. (If you have good stick skills like UofCWildcat you can navigate your way through for a deflection or an INT, but I'm not nearly that good). What's more, it's been my experience that my CPU controlled DT will read the screen correctly about 75% of the time and break off his pass rush and go cover the HB, so even if I biff the play, my CPU controlled guy is all over it anyway.
    3. I don't see a problem with 5-7 yards on any play. 5-7 yards per play equals nothing but TDs on extended drives. Even for an option-centric guy like me, 5-7 yards is a successful option play. Every now and then I'll break a big one but I have a more option plays for less than 5 yards than I do for more than 5 yards.
    4. I don't call many screens (HB that is as I call a lot of WR screens) and it's rare for me to gain many yards either. Sadly, 3 yards is a very successful HB screen for me.

I don't want us to die either and I REALLY, REALLY hope we don't but I never bothered to update my sig because I didn't think we'd even make it this far (restarts have almost a 100% kill rate for ODs). I'm here forever, but I can see from the (lack of) content that others' hearts simply aren't in it.

I'm really hoping that we can keep this going (hell I've got a fucking MONSTER recruiting class coming in that I'd LOVE to see hit the field).

• Like Like x 1
  3. Masler

Masler Moderator

Not even really sure why it bothers me because I rarely run options or screens at all but feel like I have no success at all when I do try.

And I just finished a 7 INT game. Waste of my time overall. My recruiting class is garbage outside of two or three guys. If you want me to transfer commish to you I will but I don't know how much longer I feel like wasting my time.

4. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

Totally agree. I've had the 3rd and 8+ where the QB lobs to a "slow motion" out route in which the CPU makes the most beautiful catches I've ever saw ….. on a constant basis. That along with the fact that I'm forced to make the third tackle because the first two NEVER get it done. At this point I'm numb to the losses, I get just as pissed as you seem to be and I totally agree with the waste of time sediment but I can't give it up Bro, CPU can't win all the time.

5. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I think we all feel similarly Masler this game has some serious flaws, most dynasties have died because of it. Shit, even EA has killed it.

6. dakota7

And by all means, if the game doesn't make you happy, don't play it.

7. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

This game is a roller coaster to me. I love this group of guys and I know disbanding the E will mean we will most likely not all be in a league at the same time again. It's sad to me :/

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

I know the whole roller coaster feeling, you start to get into the game and start having fun and then the CPU does something just really unrealistic and it kills all enthusiasm. I guess when they say one play changes everything.......well that applies here. I got picked off today thanks to the the defender sticking his hands through my receivers chest.

9. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Those are the worst. Whenever i feel the CPU "cheats" to get that one game changing INT where the switch flips, i get beyond upset. It happened a lot with my Memphis offliner where i was constantly fucked by that. There was one where it bounced off my dude's head and the CPU guy dove to pick it off the bounce. It's infuriating.

10. jello1717

We as users have those same exact things happen for us too (and just as often). We only notice I when it happens against us though.

11. Masler

Masler Moderator

I tried to make it another game but I'm officially done with this game. Hate to see the league go but I just can't play anymore. I set Option to Aggressive and Manziel still ran over guys like they were nothing. Could not stop their offense to save my life, why have my defense rated 93 overall if they can't do anything? Had a chance to tie the game late and the linebacker goes superman while my receiver should have kept going and just stops. Lately I have dropped every pass that comes near my defenders....that is if they are smart enough to even be close to the receivers. And oddly enough the CPU picks off everything. Don't know how some of you win so easily but maybe it's just because I suck and have no patience for this game anymore. EA clearly knew NCAA was done when they made this game because the gameplay is ass, recruiting alone isn't going to keep me playing the game. jello1717 I will be transferring you the file.

Take it easy guys. Maybe we will cross paths in the future.

12. dakota7

Thanks for everything masler. I don't blame you for leaving, I think I agree with everything you said.

13. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

So we have hard CPU settings and people want to complain why they aren't beating the computer consistently?! Just can't win

14. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Man you really are the biggest douche I know.

15. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

When you entered the real world I hope reality is gentle with you.

16. dakota7

That's not really how I see it. The game isn't very good, I think we all know that. Because the cpu is so bad, the sliders are jacked and the game becomes unrealistic. The cpu pass rush is the most glaring consistent example. Most times my pass protection is so bad I can't throw a route further down field than 10 yards. So what happens? I'm stuck throwing the same couple of pass routes the whole game. What fun is that? It certainly isn't realistic.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

I haven't seen these protection issues myself.

18. dakota7

But do you agree the game is bad and it plays unrealistically? (In part at least Because of the jacked sliders)

19. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Here and there... But that's always going to happen with a CPU. Evidentially they will make some great plays. If it keeps games more competitive, then it is what it is.

I disagree wholeheartedly about the CPU read option comments above.

20. jello1717

I think that this game is easily the best NCAA game that I've ever played (hell, I think it's the best sports game I've ever played not named CH2K8). I LOVE the recruiting (ESPECIALLY in offline with house rules that limit most user coach skills to only level 2/3) and coach skills. However, it's the gameplay that I really, really, really love and think that the gameplay in '14 is unquestionably the best I've ever seen (it's even better than the gameplay in CH2K8 but the recruiting in CH2K8 makes it the superior game).

21. dakota7

Which other football games have you played? Have you played Madden? I know you don't like pro football. ....not the question. Have you compared the gameplay? The interaction between the players?

22. jello1717

I've never played Madden.

23. dakota7

The games are pretty different and not in a good way (for NCAA)

24. jello1717

I obviously can't comment on which game is better, but you said that NCAA's gameplay is bad and, about that, I disagree 100% as I think it's awesome.

25. Masler

Masler Moderator

I honestly would not care if I lost to the CPU. It's just how they play, it's just so unrealistic at times that I lose my temper over a video game and that's just dumb. If you are going to pick me off for a game winner, at least make it look realistic, not the linebacker jumping 10 yards....ok that might be an exaggeration but it sure felt more than he could jump.