Gwent & Football

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Freakskull, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Freakskull

Freakskull Lobsters are mermaids to scorpions.

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Gwent

"Invented by dwarves and perfected over centuries of tavern table play, Gwent is a game of initial simplicity and ultimate depth, something beloved by both road-weary travellers during long nights around the campfire and elegant nobles looking to liven up dragging dinner parties."

The game is about the clash of two armies locked in mortal struggle on a battlefield where the players are the leaders and the cards their forces.

What does Gwent have to do with Football? I believe that there is a strong correlation between card based game strategy and football play calling strategy. It is how I approach playcalling in Madden, and maybe it will be of some use to you. Its nothing special, I just wanted to hear how you all call plays. I have never played any other card based games, but I imagine there are similarities.

I imagine my playcalling as if I had a deck of cards. I have 2 Verticals cards, 3 Sweeps, 3 Iso, 3 Power O, 3 Screens, 4 P/A, etc. etc. I try to wait and maximize my use of the best card in the best situation.

If I have a Play Action Power O, I will wait for a time after I have run power O successfully at least once.

Same for defense, I imagine that my favorite plays are limited. I try to change up the adjustments if I do call the same one again.

The best part about this, I don't feel any guilt or stress worrying about if I'm calling too much of anything, or cheesing. I understand a lot of pass plays end up going to a second or third read (and those end up being a cross or a slant or a drag) that I did not intend, but I have to accept that.

Do you use anything similar? See any way I can get better?

• Like Like x 1