H4Y Ranking the RBs

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by JQwon13, Apr 21, 2011.

1. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Since this whole thing might have been a bit much for Nik to handle solo, I figured I'd pitch in. Redd already gave it the old college try at TE and I know Nik had done some work on the QB position, so I'll take a shot at RB. I'll only be looking at the main 3 categories otherwise this would take me forever, so other than OVR, I'll be looking at spd, acc and agi. I'm also not taking age into consideration as this is just a one year look. I tried to take the top backs that actually should see playing time so some teams, like mine, have 3 backs close to each other. For other teams like Nik's there is a big gap between the #2 RB and the #3 so i only put 2 RBs.

1.[​IMG] Western Michigan-

Travis Ruffin- 88 OVR 93 spd 91 Acc 85 Agi
    Mark Henry- 84 OVR 92 spd 86 acc 85 agi

It should come as no surprise that the top team in the league has the best running backs. Ruffin ranks as the best RB overall in the league and with his combo of speed and acceleration, it's obvious why. Mark Henry is no slouch either as he could probably start on any other team in the conference.

2.[​IMG] Kent St:

Cornelius Sparks- 84 OVR 85 spd 84 Acc 82 Agi
    John Newby- 82 OVR 91 Spd 91 Acc 84 Agi
    Eric Archer- 80 OVR 87 spd 83 Acc 84 Agi

The Golden Flashes have a three-headed monster at running back. The three are so closely ranked together that it's tough to pick which on is best. However, Newby's combo of speed and acceleration makes him the best in my eyes.

3.[​IMG] Western Kentucky:

Even Fenner- 84 OVR 90 spd 83 acc 86 agi
    Roy Hawkins- 78 OVR 92 spd 80 acc 82 agi
    Mike Gipson (Grapevine, TX) 77 OVR 89 spd 89 acc 76 agi

Western Kentucky has an impressive 3-back collection as well led by Evan Fenner. He has a great combo of the main 3 attributes. I also felt the need to include #3 RB Mike Gipson's hometown as that is mine and Nik's hometown as well. Gipson could definitely be a great down hill runner with a great speed and acc combo. It's his agility that's going to hold him back. Regarldless, the Hilltoppers have plenty of options here.

4.[​IMG] Utah State-

Jason Robinson- 87 OVR 89 spd 84 acc 77 agi
    D.J. Madison- 80 OVR 82 Spd 86 acc 94 agi

Utah State may should have been higher with Robinson's lofty ranking, but looking at his attributes, I disagreed. He must have some great intangibles because his OVR seems a bit inflated after looking at the big three attributes. Also, he wasn't really helped out by Madison who is a bit slow. However, with a few extra points on spd, Madison could be great. His acceleration is good and his agility is amazing.

5.[​IMG] Idaho:

Eric Johnson- 80 OVR 93 spd 92 acc 84 agi
    William Lane- 78 OVR 81 spd 82 acc 86 agi
    Jason Charles- 77 OVR 88 spd 87 acc 82 agi

I almost gave Idaho the bump up to #4 but based on the the OVR ratings of the backs, I just couldn't justify it. Regardless, Eric Johnson should definitely be talked about when discussing the best running back in the conference. He is one of only 3 RBs in the league with a 90+ spd and acc combo. (WMU's Travis Ruffin and Kent St's John Newby). Lane on the other hand is probably a little overrated. He's slow and his acc and agi don't come close to compensating.

6.[​IMG] UL Lafayatte:

Lou Meyers- 82 OVR 90 spd 88 acc 84 agi
    Justin McNeil- 74 OVR 91 spd 83 acc 82 agi

Looking at the OVR's, Snoopy is probably praying for Meyers to stay healthy. But honestly, I like McNeil. He's only a small step behind Meyers here, but may be further behind in the intangibles. Meyers though, has a very solid combo and has helped Snoopy move away from the pass so much. However, with only 3 RB on roster, Snoopy will have to avoid injuries.

7.[​IMG] UAB:

Nicholas Chase- 80 OVR 90 spd 85 acc 76 agi
    Derek Johnson- 78 OVR 88 spd 78 acc 90 agi

Well both backs are solid, but they both have holes in their game. What Chase lacks in agi, Johnson lacks in acc. Personally, I think acc is the most important thing for a RB so I would take Chase. Regardless, they are both dependable backs for those rare times when JKyle is around.

8.[​IMG] Army:

Victor Harrison- 79 OVR 91 spd 86 acc 83 agi
    Keith Thomas- 72 OVR 89 spd 81 acc 74 agi

Hammer will have to join Snoopy in prayer for health as he would certainly be in trouble without Harrison. Harrison is a great all around back, but there is a huge drop off from him to Keith Thomas. Hammer's normally balanced offense would have to transform if he were to lose the very talented Mr. Harrison.

9.[​IMG] Arkansas St:

Julian Berg- 73 OVR 87 spd 89 acc 69 agi
    Boo Skidoo- 73 OVR 89 spd 81 acc 77 agi
    Patrick Collins- 72 OVR 86 spd 77 acc 97 agi

Well clearly as we all know, Blonde favors Skidoo. However, looking at these stats, I'd personally go with Berg. They both have their shortcomings, but like I said before, I prefer acceleration over agility. So despite Berg's terrible agi, he might be the better back. Collins on the other hand, might be someone to watch. His acceleration isn't abysmal and his agi is insane.

10.[​IMG] UL Monroe:

Jermaine Meyers- 73 OVR 90 spd 87 acc 78 agi
    David Smith- 69 OVR 91 spd 83 acc 72 agi

In my opinion, this is another big drop off. Jermaine Meyer's, brother of ULaLa RB Lou, needs to improve on his agi, but he actually has pretty impressive all around ratings despite his low OVR. Might be one of the more underrated backs in the conference.

11.[​IMG] MTSU:

Pierre Cutler- 71 OVR 92 spd 71 acc 78 agi
    Matt Gatewood- 70 OVR 95 spd 74 acc 75 agi

Yikes. Speed and more speed. Too bad it takes a while for both these guys to get up to that speed and it doesn't go anywhere other than a straight line. They're both extremely fast and aren't going to be caught in the open field, but they're acc and agi are just terrible. And lets face it, that Blue Raider offensive line isn't going to be opening it up for many breakaway runs so acceleration is key. Regardless, I think Gatwood is definitely the better back here.

12.[​IMG] Eastern Michigan:

Jason Mcpherson- 67 OVR 88 spd 77 acc 72 agi
    Charlie Vaughn- 65 OVR 89 spd 75 acc 77 agi
    Robert Roach- 64 OVR 89 spd 79 acc 66 agi

Well I'm glad these aren't my running backs. This is a rough group for Crumb. All three have average speed and just terrible acc and agi. Roach's agi is only 66. Vaughn is definitely the best of the bunch. He's got average speed and the best acc and agi combo of the three. If he's got some intangibles, he may be serviceable yet.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Damn you I was in the middle of making a RB thread with my 54 OVR halfback on the list :p

3. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

The Islander is only a sophomore. Excited about this kid.

4. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Why did you make him white? It just doesn't look right...

5. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Every kid on his team is white.

6. Full Moon Fever

I like my players smart.

7. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Shaun Mason is gonna get mad at you...

8. Full Moon Fever

9. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

Why wasnt break tackle included in the ratings? My first year I had a RB who only had like 87 speed and 80 accel but he was 2nd in the league in rushing because his break tackle was 89 or something... he was a beast.

• Like Like x 1
  10. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Yeah I thought about including it, but I got lazy... That shit took me a while. The only reason I did it was cuz I'm at work. If I was at home, there's no way i'd spend my free time typing all that shit up.

11. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

This will change when/if you have a kid.

12. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Nice list. I don't run Madison though he's just too slow. I got another runningback with some speed that I use as the #2

13. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Good stuff Qwon. FWIW Vic was hurt in game one and was out until Week 5 or 6 I think.

14. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Lucky me, cuz I played you in that time.

15. xtreme snoopy

xtreme snoopy H4Y - Ragin' Cajuns

you should include measurables... lou myers is a great runner and doing it despite being bigger than alot of our DEs @ 6' 262 lbs

16. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Oh yeah, well I guess yall should remember to include measureables and the intangibles when one of you does one of the other positions....

17. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Now you see why I don't do Dyl Steele anymore. It was what you just did, but for every position. Fuck that noise.

18. jkyle5

jkyle5 Walk On

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1