H4Yards '12

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by IrishBearcat, May 16, 2011.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

So as the newb I'll keep my mouth shut and let you vets go first. What's the plan for '12?

How about we're all SEC and nikpin can be independent Army, and is required to run wishbone? I'm sure most will be game! :)

On a serious note, just wanted to get a better feel for what I'll have to look forward to for H4Yard's first ever premier league. Thanks fellas.

2. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

2 words: IVY LEAGUE

3. IrishBearcat

CAS? Interesting... it'd be some extra work though for sure.

4. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

http://forums.traditionsportsonline...se-for-teambuilder-enhanced-12-dynasty.51014/
    http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/ivy-league-expansion.51785/

some literature for ya there

What I'm thinking is we have one or two trustworthy guys create/find all the schools (the extra work you referenced) and create them on 3 or 4 different tiers of difficulty. Nik will get the worst pitches/talent from the start and Crumb will get the best, but not by much.

5. IrishBearcat

Thanks for posting, while I was quickly sifting through the archives I didn't know I should be looking for "Ivy League" lmao. Cool idea, I think if they're modeled after real teams that it wouldn't be as hard to find a replacement instead of DCD trying to talk someone into taking over the Maine Mailboxes or some stupid shit like that.

I'll just add my $0.02 when asked as it seems you older members already have an idea an direction. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on any of the fun.

6. Steamer43

Ya they're going to be modeled after real Ivy League and Northeast schools. We decided it would be tough to replace the Cleveland Steamers or JQwon's Blumpkin Bullets. I say everyone should be allowed to go in and mess with the alternate unis though @DirtycashDylan

7. IrishBearcat

Good to know. The setup should take some extra time and effort but it could be a really tight setup when all is said and done.

8. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

I'm pretty pumped about it. I wonder how bad their rosters will be though... ouch.

9. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

Couldn't be as bad as what I had to deal with out of the box with the rosters we found... Had to replace all of my offensive tackles after year 1?

10. Steamer43

I think we will be using preset rosters for crappy FBS schools as they don't provide FCS rosters.

11. Steamer43

Did you guys see the video over on IGN/Operationsports? ( @DirtycashDylan )

On '12 we can customize division names, championship game location, # of teams, rivalries, and BCS Bowl affiliations.

• Like Like x 1
  12. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

Essentially custom conference. That's pretty nifty. Championship game location: Alaska ftw. Wow, after reading all of those changes is extremely awesome. I guess we can really make that psuedo-Ivy League + league now a reality.

Didn't look like you could add a new conference though, looked like you had to replace another conference with our new one. I'm pretty excited now. :)

13. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

I just got a chub.

14. IrishBearcat

Been waiting for mine to end all day, this is just plain awkward.

15. Steamer43

Also, you can make these changes after every off-season. So we could add maybe a few neighboring schools to another conference so say if Nik was dominating with Yale and he had to leave the dynasty we could move Yale to another conference and add in Temple or a custom school into the Ivy League for a new user instead of the dominant team. (hypothetical (y))

16. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

This is going to be the most interesting league on TF next year mark my words.

17. IrishBearcat

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Don't make this thread a monument to JQwon, please.

• Like Like x 1
  19. IrishBearcat

^An avatar doesn't make you the most interesting man in the world, contrary to popular belief.

20. Bl0ndeRedHead

Tell that to Qwon

21. IrishBearcat

I take it you guys are best friends? Lmao I haven't had any qualms with anyone YET, including Mr. Qwon.

22. Bl0ndeRedHead

I don't know Qwon's feelings on me, but I don't hate the guy. His understudy, yes, but not him. We have a....competitive banter

23. IrishBearcat

Somebody should make a thread about the history of this colorful group. I remembe the gamertag JQwon 13 or some shit and I thought that was nikpin's roomate at the time he still had the balls to stick around in our league. I remember DCD was a friend of nikpin IRL. I think we found snoopy over at NCAAstrategies but I may be wrong and he may be another "IRL" friend lol.

We were all in a Big XII OD for NCAA '10 at some point. I was Colorado, nikpin ok state, snoopdizzle Kansas, and DCD was Oklahoma I think?

Now how did all you fellas come to know each each other? Match.com would be my guess.

24. IrishBearcat

^also, why does everyone rag on fuzzy? He was in our league as well.

25. Steamer43

Ya I joined the same core group of guys on NCAA '10 in a scrub school dynasty like we have now.

He was in our dynasty also on '10 and after several disputes Fuzzy told DCD to go fuck himself, and then got the boot.