Hail To The Victors: 2010 Michigan Wolverines

Discussion in 'Between The Lines' started by JerzeyReign, Jul 23, 2010.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Hail To The Victors: 2010 Michigan Wolverines

-All Michigan news and discussion shall be placed in here-

[​IMG]

Date Opponent / Event Location Time / Result
    Sat., Sep. 4 vs. Connecticut Ann Arbor, Mich. W, 30-10
    Sat., Sep. 11 at Notre Dame South Bend, Ind. W,28-24
    Sat., Sep. 18 vs. Massachusetts Ann Arbor, Mich. W,42-37
    Sat., Sep. 25 vs. Bowling Green Ann Arbor, Mich. W,65-21
    Sat., Oct. 2 at Indiana Bloomington, Ind. W,42-35
    Sat., Oct. 9 vs. Michigan State Ann Arbor, Mich L,34-17
    Sat., Oct. 16 vs. Iowa (Homecoming) * Ann Arbor, Mich. -- at Penn State State College, Pa. L,31-41 vs. Illinois Ann Arbor, Mich. TBA
    Sat., Nov. 13 at Purdue West Lafayette, Ind. TBA
    Sat., Nov. 20 vs. Wisconsin Ann Arbor, Mich. TBA
    Sat., Nov. 27 at Ohio State Columbus, Ohio TBA

2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Class of 2010 Michigan HOF

Don't know if any of you guys seen that Lloyd Carr was inducted into our Hall of Fame... kind of strange he was inducted so early. He was "fired" 3 years ago? It's kind of like somewhere in the athletics department their looking back like "Yeah, we f*d up"

3. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Well, Ann Arbor is still a [You know what goes here :) ].

4. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Actually I don't but if its "hate" then this is not the place for it. Just for Michigan fans that wanna talk about their favorite team.:rolleyes:

5. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

6-6 this year

6. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

7. Kingspring

Kingspring Walk On

I think its whore, ann arbor is still a whore... not hate.

In all honesty Ann Arbor really does have a strange smell to it. I am not being disrespectful or ragging on scUM but it smells funny there.

8. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

This is not made to argue with 'rivals' of our favorite schools, this is to enjoy talking to other TF members who have the same affection about our school.

9. Kingspring

Kingspring Walk On

Lol I am not ragging or arguing, I am a third generation buckeye, set to graduate next year... but I have always wondered what that smell is... for the record I respect michigan and their tradition of winning just not rich rod.

I see a 5-7 season for Mich. and Uconn is going to a tough game that sets the tone for the rest of the season

10. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

LOL... It's the stench of Ohio creeping up north...

11. Kingspring

Kingspring Walk On

Hahahahahahha well played bigsmooth.

Bigsmooth-1
    Me-0

12. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

As an Irish fan, I have always followed the Michigan program pretty closely. Saw this the other day. Expect Robinson to be the QB.

Michigan seniors questioning Tate Forcier's work ethic
    Posted by John Taylor on August 3, 2010 2:51 PM ET
    In the days and months leading up to his third summer camp as Michigan's head coach, Rich Rodriguez has been telling anyone who will listen that Tate Forcier and Denard Robinson are in a neck-and-neck battle to become the Wolverines' starting quarterback.

Based on the words of one of Rodriguez's seniors, however, that's no longer the case.

Speaking at the Big Ten's media days Tuesday afternoon, cornerback Troy Woolfolk blistered Forcier with measured words for the QB's lack of participation in voluntary workouts this summer, saying that he and his fellow seniors have started to question the work ethic of last year's starter.

Oh, and if that weren't bad enough, Forcier is also on the verge of becoming "diseased" to his teammates due to a "bad work ethic".

"I personally have a lack of respect for them," Woolfolk said of players who don't participate in the voluntary workouts. "The outlook on them is kind of diseased. Like you don't want to be hanging around those people because they have bad work ethic. But at the same time, it's my role to try to persuade them to come out more. ...

"The only reason he's not really labeled as diseased is because of the way he was able to carry the team last year before we started losing. People still trust him a little bit, but he's starting to lose that trust."

Woolfolk also stated that, Rodriguez's claims of the job being up for grabs notwithstanding, Robinson has inched ahead of Forcier in the minds of his teammates due to the combination of Robinson being a regular attendee of the workouts and Forcier being a no-show on many an occasion.

"Denard has been out there through the thick and thin and been out there all the time regardless if he's hurting," Woolfolk said. "And Tate, he tries to come out, but he's not as consistent as Denard is. And that's allowed Denard to jump a little bit ahead of Tate and I think that Tate's going to have to do a lot of work to catch back up to Denard in camp this year."

Yep, this is exactly what Rodriguez needs heading into a season that could decide exactly how long his tenure in Ann Arbor lasts.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/03/michigan-seniors-questioning-tate-forciers-work-ethic/

13. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Yeah I saw that too, Robinson has looked better in the spring so far anyway. Tate will either sink or swim...

*Rumor* Alabama and Michigan will sign a contract for home and home games beginning in 2012

14. Kingspring

Kingspring Walk On

Yeah I saw that, it is everywhere but no home and home, bama needs a 2012 it would be the season opener in Dallas @ Jerryworld.... wouldnt that be something!

15. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Hey Jerz, what is your honest feeling about UConn? I'm seriously scared to death of the game.

Season long prediction:
    Incredibly pissed if anything worse than 6-6 and a bowl game.

Seriously think 8-4 is realistic, and I'm hopefully optimistic for 9-3 but that's it.

16. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would be sweet.

17. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I'm a little afraid of UConn too (what is happening to us??). It's not going to be a blowout like we should of scheduled. I think we're going to win though, 27-17.

I think we're going 7-5, which should get RichRod fired and Jimmy Harbaugh brought in :)righton:)... 9-3... ehhh... i wish but I don't like RichRod's coaching mentality/system right now... I want him gone and I want to play Wolverine football again.

18. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

19. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I heard he quit. Not sure what for though. I don't think he was kicked off the team by RichRod or anything. But then yesterday some Michigan spokesperson released a quote and stated that it was just a rumor.

20. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Yall lost Justin Turner

smh

21. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

FUCK MICHIGAN!!!! GET READY FOR OCTOBER 30TH!!!!

[​IMG]

23. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

The rumor I hear isn't a home and home series. They are trying to sign a contract for opening game 2012 for Cowboys Stadium. Which would be sweet and I would be there with my Crimson and White on.

24. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Yep, The Alabama Crimson Tide want to play in The Cowboys New Palace and it for sure is going to happen according to Jerry & Stephen Jones....it's just now who?

My gut tells me that The Tide is going to play quite a few big games in that stadium over time.

Regardless, I know Funk & Myself will be there with bells on. I've been looking forward to showing him the new stadium.

25. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

You damn right. It's about time I got something out of this God forsaken friendship. (y)