Haiti Earthquake

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Merih, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

Dec 15, 2009
    Haiti Earthquake

As you all may well know, there was a magnitude 7.0 earthquake in Haiti a few days ago, centered around the capital city Port Au Prince. It was the strongest earthquake measured in something like 100 years, and the reverberations were felt all the way in Mexico.

The capital city lies in rubble, and there are more than 100,000 feared dead, with thousands more missing. The earthquake has directly affected more than 3,000,000 people in the country.

I come here just to ask you guys for a little help. The American Red Cross is one of the leading aid agencies that is trying to do anything they can to help. They need funds for mobilization efforts as well as other aid, rescue, and shelter missions.

There is a very easy way to donate. Just text the word "Haiti" to 90999. This will put you in for a $10 donation which will show up on your next phone bill. They will send you another text asking for confirmation, and the entire process takes about 10 minutes to complete.

I don't work for the Red Cross, and am not of Haitian decent, but this earthquake really got to me. I've been passing this info around my classes and through various messageboards. The guys in The Tradition can vouch for me.

Thanks for your time folks!