Half Loaded - Episode 15: Ryno's Return, Papa Perry Ambush, Forum Douche/Mooch

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

http://traditionsportsonline.com/half-loaded-podcast-15

RynoAid makes his return, and we ambush Papa Perry to take on JFace907 in our Trivia Showdown. Plus we make our weekly look into the Luck Box and MLB Playoffs.

Stream the show from the link, or download and listen on demand or on the go.

And as always, be sure to like us on facbook! Please! It's as simple as one click and helps us grow!

2. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

cranberry juice? what, is he on his period?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Big D

Big D Walk On

RynoAid is always on his period

4. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

Let me ask you this...do you think Alex Smith is as good as Trent Dilfer was when he was with the Ravens? Because I am telling you right now that the 49ers defense is almost 2000 Ravens good... it is the best front 7 I have seen in a while, based on how they are playing. I'm calling a 49ers victory in Detroit this weekend

5. Big D

Big D Walk On

Homer!

Remember had it not been for 2 ridiculous Tedd Gin TD returns the Seahawks would have probably beaten the 49ers at their place.

I'm not ready to annoit them anything other than the best in the NFC West. . .football's worst division. And I don't think they are that much better than Seattle the way the Seahawks have played the past 3 weeks. But to answer your question, no I don't think Alex Smith is as good as Trent Dilfer.

I'm in a unique position of being able to watch the Saints every week now. . .and I'm telling you there is a MASSIVE talent gap between teams like the Saints & Packers to teams like the Redskins/49ers/Giants, etc. I haven't watched the Lions yet so I don't have a good enough opinion.

I will be absolutely stunned if New Orleans or Green Bay isn't playing in the Super Bowl tho. They both should waltz their way to 1st round byes. New Orleans has 4 tough games left on the schedule. . .Atlanta x2, Tampa on the road, and Detroit. Even if they split those, they go 13-3 and will play at least 1 game here in the Superdome....and nobody is beating them here in New Orleans. Not the Packers, not anybody.

6. Big D

Big D Walk On

I take back the worst division comment tho. . .that probably belongs to the AFC South.

7. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

Yes, I agree with you that no one will beat the Saints in the Superdome in the playoffs. I have seen the progression so far this year, from the entire 49ers team, and they are getting better every week. I can only imagine what the 49ers would look like now if they had a full training camp under Harbaugh and Fangio, and if it weren't for two blown coverages in the Cowboys game they would be 5-0 right now and improving. The Niners still have to play the Cardinals twice and Rams twice, and by the time they play the Rams, the Rams will already be out of it. With the Packers being the 1 seed in the NFC, I honestly think the 49ers have a shot to be the 2 seed, if they keep improving. A lot of that is because the Saints play in a much better/tougher division and may incur a few road losses, and if the Niners and Saints have the same record, the Niners will have the tie breaker because of division record. They may not be good enough for a Super Bowl yet, but if Bowman and Willis stay together in the middle of that defense, they will be soon enough.

8. Big D

Big D Walk On

@Detroit
    @Baltimore
    @Seattle

Those are really tough games to win...let's say they win 1 of those.

Then you have a 2nd tier of games:

@Washington
    vs. New York
    @Arizona
    @St. Louis

Let's say they win 3 of those 4.

That's a pretty good scenario I just laid out, and that would still give them 4 losses. You'd have to think the Saints implode to find them losing 4+ games right now.

9. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

The Saints would also have to lose only 3 games...they would then be tied with the 49ers record-wise and my assumption is that the 49ers win the tie-breaker.

Also, in the 2nd tier of games, @ Washington is their toughest game, but you forgot about Monday night at home Dec. 19th against Steelers. The @ Rams game is the last week of the season and the Rams will rest their starters due to being completely out of it. Also, the Seahawks game is 2nd to last week of the season, if Seahawks are out of it, Niners win that.

Plus, with each 49ers win, the more band-wagon fans will go to home games rather than sell their tickets to opposing team's fans, making the Stick more of a home-field advantage.

@ Detroit - W
    bye
    vs Cleveland - W
    @ Washington - W/L
    vs NY - W
    vs Arizona - W
    @ Baltimore - L (short week, long travel)
    vs St. Louis - W
    @ Arizona - W
    vs Pittsburgh - W/L
    @ Seattle - W
    @ St. Louis - W

12-4 worst case
    13-3 probable

Calling it right now...(never would have picked this pre-season)

10. Big D

Big D Walk On

biggcoug65 if you think @Detroit and @Seattle are locks, you need to ship me something of what you are smoking! Detroit > 49ers at the moment even on a neutral field. Plus, as you know even if the Seahawks were horrendous playing at Qwest Field is really the toughest place to play in the league. Now that we've found out they aren't horrible, I think you are in for a nice surprise if you think the 49ers will go in there and get an easy win. I hope the team is thinking that way as well ;)

11. Big D

Big D Walk On

If the niners lose this week to the Lions, they'd only be 1.5 games up on Seattle.

Seahawks have Cincinatti and Cleveland coming up. . .probably will be favored to win both games.

12. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

Yes, Qwest (or whatever it is called now) is one of the toughest places to play in the NFL, just remember I played there as a Coug... no smoking for me anymore, just drinking the Red and Gold Kool-Aid Harbaugh is serving up. The only reason I think the 49ers are a lock @ Seattle is because their schedule after those two games will take them farther out of 1st...@ Dallas, vs Baltimore, vs Philly, @ Chicago.

As I said earlier, 49ers win against a drained Lions team this weekend.

13. Big D

Big D Walk On

BLACK AND GOLD!

or CRIMSON AND GRAY!

I just bought my Apple Cup tickets this morning biggcoug65 . You need to get up there for that!

14. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

I want to...I have to wait and see what our playoff schedule is like though, if we make playoffs that is