Halfway Through the 1st year - biggest strengths/weaknesses on your team?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by theSANDMAN215, Feb 10, 2009.

1. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

Halfway Through the 1st year - biggest strengths/weaknesses on your team?

Mine would be my QB is just not fast enough for my offensive system. I love running Florida's playbook, but I need a QB who can run the option as well.

my biggest strength has been my 2 running backs, they are able to pound it out when my QB has not been on.

My defense has also surprised me with how well they are playing. I need an overall upgrade, but my biggest concern on defense is my secondary.

2. bnckeye27

bnckeye27 Guest

The sliders are the biggest weakness of my team. Remind me again why the INT is not at 0 if our passing ability is turned down. I don't know if others are having this problem, if not maybe it's just my skill. Nonetheless if I can't figure them out I may resign after this season. The sliders are probably fine for you guys, but way too unrealistic for someone in my skill category. Every game is an exercise in total frustration and is thus not fun.

3. ogode

ogode Guest

TB, he is the man! QB, not too fast but has no real weakness, and defense... they are all seniors though.

4. bnckeye27

bnckeye27 Guest

As far as a positive, Andre Bratton, my HB, is an absolute beast.

5. theSANDMAN215

it will get better. trust me. I'm in the tradition 2, and for the most part we all dominate the CPU, granted I've lost to the CPU before and so have others.

just give it time.

6. bnckeye27

bnckeye27 Guest

I'm going to continue to push through for now...I may change playbooks at the end of the season...I assume that's within the rules.

7. FADED

FADED Guest

ditto!!!! :D

8. theSANDMAN215

yea that's cool. hope you stay with it.

btw, where is your signature of whats her name in a bra? loved it

9. bnckeye27

bnckeye27 Guest

The one and only Salma Hayek.

10. ogode

ogode Guest

Im not one to complain, and wasnt going to add to this one, but in my TIII team I do admit to having a bit of a passing problem.

It hasnt hit me too bad here (probably because I run alot) but in 3 seasons with a good QB, 91/89/87, I have thrown 56 ints. All of that with roughly a 75% pass percentage. I have no problem with the QB Accuracy, but wouldnt object to the computer INT a bit lower... just a thought.

Love the league!

11. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Sanders, what teams are you using in the TII? Because if you're using top teams, it's not a fair comparison.

We're talking about not being able to pass. It's incredibly frustrating when wide-open passes sail the other way, and the other team intercepts it over and over and over and over.

The sliders we have were not developed on, nor based on, nor valid with QBs who don't have high accuracy ratings.

12. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I don't think we should change them to fit our QBs rather than accept the fact that our teams suck and build them stronger. I want to see a noticeable difference when I do get a top QB prospect in. If we are still having problems then we should change it.

But I'm almost ready to vote for a change just to quell the bitching. QBs make bad throws and get rattled in real life, I haven't seen anything real different in the game. Not just with my Rice team, but I have a few Offline dynastys with 1star teams using these basic sliders.

Believe me, in a few seasons we are all going to want to bump all the CPU sliders to 100.

13. I am right there with you and Sanders. It's not that bad. Lets build our teams into great teams. At that point in a couple seasons, if our wicked QB recruits can't get it done then we look at it.

On a side note, how does changing teams work? Do we ever get to etc..? The reason I ask is that I think if people are playing with teams they like they may be able to better ride the wave of our teams getting better. Tulsa is fine for me now for example but I won't want them a few seasons from now.

Just curious..

14. For my team, a quicker QB al well. I am old school Big 8. I love the option. Now I don't need a QB that will blow everyone away but at least won't trip over himself if I think about calling an option play.

15. bnckeye27

bnckeye27 Guest

I'm going to start EA highlighting some of these unrealistically bad throws and posting them, just for you. I like realism, both ways. What I am experiencing is entirely unrealistic play.

16. Larsccw

Larsccw Guest

NOTE: NOT BITCHING

FACT: I have a crappy QB
    FACT: I have Crappy WR's
    FACT: I try to run if at all possible
    FACT: I'm afraid of passing the ball
    FACT: When I do happen to pass I have a horrid Completion to INT raito (Forget about TD/INT But I think that I may have somewhere around 5 TD passes to 19 INTs)

Now I am ok with the sliders being like that are. I can gut it out. I don't see me landing anything more than a 2 star QB for at least Season 2 or 3. Thats just the way it is. And I'm ok with that. If we wanted it easy we would have gone with top teams. But on the other hand passing is VERY unforgiving.

17. Razcalking1978

I'm going to try to build a team that can win purely through the running game.

Then I won't have to worry any more about QB sliders. :p

18. :)

scouting report for Raz = uh oh!! Recruit LB's fast.

19. theSANDMAN215

yeah I think I am going to drop it down to 0 for both human and CPU. I would do it during the season but I don't want to screw with anyone during a season.

20. theSANDMAN215

I am Oregon State. I have never really had a great passing QB on my team because I like to have a scrambling QB that can run the option. Granted I am not the greatest passer in the game, but one year with Oregon State I had less than 10 INTs with my QB, and over 3,000 yards passing. The bastage got hurt this season in the 2nd game and was out all year.

21. theSANDMAN215

I understand as I have had some questionable throws. However, I am not expecting John Elway or Joe Montana back there throwing the ball and everytime I press the WR I want thrown too to have a perfect pass.

however, with that said, I don't want everyone to give up after one year because once we get better teams we are going to be dominating the CPU left and right.

22. Razcalking1978

It looks like the only recruits I'll be getting will be 2-star players. Will they end up being any better than the guys I have now? I haven't done a dynasty with a lower-tier team before.

23. It depends on their stats and your play style. Great size and high run block for a run team, then yes they can be. Also, you will be surprised at what you can land in the actually recruiting in the off season.

24. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I know exactly what you are talking about. I'm getting them too.

25. Razcalking1978

Good thoughts. I'll have to start paying more attention to these things than I do with most dynasties. Probably too late for this year.