Hall of Fame Candidate - LSU DB Eric Reid

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Maximus21, Jan 19, 2011.

?

Is Eric Reid a BCS Chaos Hall of Famer?

1. Yes

87.5%
  2. No

12.5%
  1. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

[​IMG]

Eric Reid started his LSU journey with a red shirt in 2010 but he would grow into one of the best players ever to grace the field for the Bayou Bengals.

In 2011 he played sparingly as a backup safety but did get 1 INT and 2 Pass Defl that year.

2012 was the year that Tigers fans started to take notice of Reid. He started at SS all year and tallied 34 Solo Tackles, 16 Assisted Tackles, 7 TFL, 3 Pass Defl, and 1 FF. He did not get an interception but he was in store for a big boost in that category.

In 2013 the LSU coaching staff realized that the best way to align their secondary was to move Eric to FS and allow him ample opportunities to cover the opponent's slot WR. This shift allowed Reid to showcase his one-on-one coverage abilities. He started every game and had a huge impact. His tackling numbers were down from the previous year but that is more of a result of not giving up as many catches as he had in 2012 and also playing deeper than at SS. He finished the year with 27 Solo Tackles, 13 Assisted Tackles, 2 TFL, 6 INT and 6 Pass Defl.

With CB Brandon Anderson leaving early for the NFL draft, Reid and the coaching staff decided it would help the team most for him to move to CB for his senior season. It was a big responsibility going up against the other team's #1 WR but he proved to be up to the task. At the date of this publication (before the 2014 SEC Championship Game) Eric has notched 19 Solo Tackles, 8 Assisted Tackles, 4 TFL, 1 Sack, 8 INT, 9 Pass Defl, and 1 TD. He has made big plays all year long but the one that will stick in my mind is the pick-6 he had on Alabama's opening possession. That play set the tone for the rest of the day and ended up being the best play of the day during LSU's 23-15 win.

Eric Reid is finishing his LSU career rated 92 OVR with his most impressive skills being 99 MCV, 99 ZCV, 99 PRC and 99 PUR. Being able to handle 3 different positions extremely well has been a huge asset to LSU during his time and he will surely be missed. I can't think of anyone better to represent LSU in the BCS Chaos Hall of Fame.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Maximus21

Please note here when you vote so we will only tally those from our league. I voted Yes obviously.

3. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

You would use that pic wouldnt you

4. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

I believe Reid had a pick in the Florida / LSU VIII (yes I am referring to them by roman numerals now), but I can't remember if it was him. Either way, Reid is a beast. The Reid / Tyrone Gray match-up will be another good one.

5. Maximus21

Just the first one I saw with him in the picture, nothing personal. I'm gonna start taking more pictures since I've been usually just doing one per game. Never thought of using them for something like this before. Live and learn.

6. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

I save my highlights...just in case i need to make videos like the one im doing now with Siegel

7. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

14 interceptions is impressive... I voted yes!

8. ticketp1

ticketp1 Walk On

I voted yes, 3 years at 3 different positions with those #'s is impressive.

9. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

BTW, I voted yes. Florida will be happy to see Eric Reid move on to the NFL.

10. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

i voted yes

11. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

Unfortunately i voted No, I think he has been a really good player but his 2 years starting at safety (FS,SS) he only amassed 61 tackles and 6 INT's. This year he is having a great season but i think HOF should be for the best of the Best. Just my 2 cents

12. Maximus21

Of course you are welcome to your opinion but my defense doesn't really lead to one guy getting a huge amount of tackles. Like almost every team my MLB gets most of the tackles and if my safety is getting a ton of tackles that would mean my DL and LBs are not making the plays.

13. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

My thoughts on defensive guys are that it is hard to amass stellar numbers with them, as compared to the offensive side of the ball. Obviously if you play with a specific safety, linebacker, or D-lineman, the numbers can be high, but otherwise judging defensive players solely by numbers is difficult, IMO.

• Like Like x 2
  14. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Well with 11 guys currently this one is over! He's in! I'll get to this thread tonight. May need a little time for the jersey but hopefully I figure it out soon. I learn something for one week/month and then forget how to do it. Its the reason I haven't made a highlight tape (or finish the one from NCAA '10).

15. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

Reid got my vote.