Hall of Fame Candidate - LSU HB Kenneth Harley

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Maximus21, Feb 27, 2011.

?

Is Kenneth Harley a Chaos HOFer?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

[​IMG]
    Kenneth Harley came to LSU as a :5stars: recruit (#3 HB) during the off-season signing period following the conclusion of the 2011 season. He came to campus rated 85 OVR and since the Tigers already had speedster Justin Miller as the starter the coaching staff decided to give Kenneth a redshirt year to improve on his already impressive skill set.

In terms of team success 2013 was Harley's best year. He and Miller were a dynamic duo and LSU ended up winning the SEC and the BCS National Championship. His stats for 2013 were 164 attempts, 800 yards (4.88 avg), 13 TD, a long run of 37, 5 20+ yard runs, 5 broken tackles, and 3 fumbles. He also chipped in with 18 rec for 146 yards (8.11 yp).

Given the team's success with Miller as the lead back in 2013 (Harley actually had a few more carries and only 1 less rush TD) it was a surprise to many pundits that Harley usurped him as the primary back in 2014. His talent was too much to ignore and Miller was bumped to a supplementary role and special teams ace. Harley did not disappoint at all. He racked up 1681 yards on 237 attempts (7.09 avg), with 23 TDs, 15 runs of 20+ yards, and 26 broken tackles, but he fumbled 3 times while fighting for extra yardage. His longest run of the season went for 72 yards. He made a big impact in the passing game as well, tallying 28 receptions for 474 yards (16.93 ypr) and 3 TDs. His longest reception went for 98 yards vs. USC:

Once again LSU knocked off Florida for the SEC Championship, but Harley and the offensive line were unable to cope with West Virginia's defensive scheme and the Mountaineers captured the title 21-14.
    2015 ended up being Harley's final year in college as he chose to leave school for the NFL. Making the National Title Game 3 years in a row and scoring a school record 26 rushing TDs in '15 probably had a lot to do with his decision. His production dipped a bit from the lofty heights of 2014, but this was largely the result of an increased focus on the passing game. The Tigers were trying to avoid being so predictable by running the ball all the time. Despite that, Harley still had an excellent year: 1329 yards on 214 carries (6.21 avg), 26 TD, 12 runs of 20+, 15 broken tackles. His longest run was for 97 yards, which came in the SEC Chapmionship Game. On the down side he had 6 fumbles, including one in the Title Game loss to Ohio St. He also added 16 catches for 191 yards (11.94 ypr) and 2 TD.

His career stat line: 615 Att, 3810 Yards, 6.2 YPC, 62 TD (school record), Long of 97, 32 runs of 20+, 46 BTK, 12 fumbles; 62 Rec, 811 Yards, 13.1 YPR, 5 TD, Long of 98, 3 Drops

One more highlight:

2. ticketp1

ticketp1 Walk On

Harley gets my vote.

3. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

I think we should let every LSU player in the HOF.

4. Maximus21

Good idea. Everyone else needs to put more effort into this or it will be more than half LSU players.

5. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

My players get voted down, so I'm done with this.

6. ticketp1

ticketp1 Walk On

Is there a place to view everyone in the HOF?

7. Maximus21

I was pro-Gray, dunno why there was so much negativity. I guess it's better to be a stat whore so they'll get in. That is the message that is being sent. If you spread the ball around that means none of the guys are good.

8. Maximus21

9. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Yep. That is very disappointing. Gray torched just about every user I faced, but stat whoring is the way to go. For that reason I am not a fan of this concept at all. Sour grapes? Sure. But the all-time leader in Florida receiving yards and TDs doesn't get in? It's all good. I just will not participate in this any longer.

10. BG

BG On The Rize!

That's why I think there should be some criteria for the HOF. I also think stat whoring will be the ultimate outcome of this. Not accusing anyone, but when you are up confortably, even in the third qtrr, I think starters, at least on offensive side of the ball, should be pulled. I always do this, but I am rarely at the advantage of having a lot of blow outs. My HB, Anthony Lewis's numbers are comparable to Harley's but I looked at Stanleys and said to my self that my guy wasn't even close. Again, JMO!

11. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I agree. I think we need to freeze this until a criteria is set or at least set one by next season. I actually take things in account that others may not. Like when I voted 'No' on T.Gray it was more than just his numbers but the numbers of other WRs on user teams and the receiving corp on his team. Without checking stats I'm pretty sure his HB is closing in on 100 catches as well. If he's not the 'Go To Guy' on his squad, despite the numbers, how can he be HOF worthy? But then again should we tax him for that?

I'll start a thread so we don't clog this one up.

I voted... NO... just because he's from LSU... nah, I voted YES... he was a gamechanger

12. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Harley = clear HOFer.

13. Maximus21

The only reason that Lewis doesn't have the high TD totals that might propel a HB to the HOF is injuries. Of course staying on the field is important so based on that he probably wouldn't get in. I would like to point out that Stanley ran the ball 600 times over the last two seasons while Harley did so 451 times. Stanley was better on a per carry basis, no doubt about that. That doesn't mean that Harley wouldn't also deserve to stand next to him in the HOF. As an example: the NFL makes room for more WR than just Jerry Rice. This is open to individual interpretation of course, but I think both Harley and Stanley deserve inclusion. That depends on @DrunkenSoldier actually nominating him.

14. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

I didnt nominate Stanley because he was not my recruit and i used Texas only for the last 2 seasons so i didnt think he should make it even tho he would have the numbers and trophies to put him in

15. Maximus21

He deserves it no matter what. It's not like we recruited the guys that started with us in the beginning.