Hall of Fame Candidate - LSU MLB Adam Richardson

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Maximus21, Jan 21, 2011.

?

Is Richardson a HOF?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

[​IMG]

The signing of MLB Adam Richardson will go down as one of the key moments in LSU history. He single-handedly lead to the Tigers switching to a 3-4 defensive scheme in order to get him on the field in tandem with JR (RS) MLB Kyle Prater. He came in as an 80 OVR but it was his speed, acceleration and tackling ability that excited LSU most.​
    As a freshman he started every game and he was a force in the opponent's backfield. He had 59 solo tackles, 11 assisted tackles, 22 TFL, 5 Sacks, 1 INT and 1 Pass Defl. No one player can be credited with the team's overall success but LSU did win the SEC for the 2nd straight year and beat Texas 31-7 in the Sugar Bowl. Playing a freshman at such a key spot might have hindered many squads, but Richardson was a true difference maker for a Top 10 team (finished #6). That is surely a rarity.​
    As Coach Maximus began exerting more influence on other parts of the defense, Adam's TFL numbers suffered in subsequent years. Adam was trusted to make plays on his own, without the coach's assistance. The stat that stands out from his sophomore year is the 3 forced fumbles. That isn't a huge number but it marks a big progression from the 0 he had in his first year. His stat line goes like this: 55 solo tackles, 12 assisted tackles, 13 TFL, 4 Sacks, 1 INT, 3 Pass Defl, 3 FF and 1 FR. The team did not win the SEC, falling to the Gators twice that year (both times by a touchdown) but a thrilling 41-38 victory over Ohio State in the Capital One Bowl was not a bad ending at all. The Tigers finished 11-3, ranking #13.​
    Year 3 for Richardson included 44 solo tackles, 21 assisted tackles, 14 TFL, 4 Sacks, 4 Pass Defl, and 2 FF. This was the year of greatest team success as LSU ended the year with a 20-7 victory over Florida for the SEC title and beat Boise State 35-0 for the National Championship.​
    Having just beaten Florida for a 2nd straight SEC title, Richardson and LSU await news on if they will be in the National Championship Game versus West Virginia. Adam once again was the leader of a LB corps overflowing with talent. With 1 game remaining he has 54 solo tackles, 12 assisted tackles, 15 TFL, 4 Sacks, 1 INT, 4 Pass Defl and 1 FR.​
    Richardson's multitude of skills allow him to cover HBs, TEs, even WRs sometimes due to his speed. He has had an impact as a pass rusher as well and very often swayed the outcome of a drive with a tackle for loss. The freedom he gives the coaching staff can not be overstated.​
    This is how his ratings look at the conclusion of his career:​
    99 OVR, 91 Spd, 94 Acc, 83 Agi, 99 Awr, 96 Tkl, 88 PRC, 85 BSH, 84 PUR, 83 ZCV, 86 MCV, 83 HPW, 65 Cth, 81 Str, 87 PMV, 86 FMV​
    Add it all up and Adam has notched 212 solo tackles, 56 assisted tackles, 64 TFL, 17 Sacks, 3 INT, 12 Pass Defl, 5 FF, and 2 FR in his illustrious career. Surely Richardson has been an LSU legend but whether he deserves a place in the BCS Chaos Hall of Fame is up to my peers.​

2. Maximus21

As always, please note your vote. I voted yes obviously.

3. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

Voted yes, This guy is a beast and was mad when you signed him since he had Tech 2nd on his interest list. lol

4. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

same as jvig

5. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

No cause I'm PISSED!!! JK...I voted yes, mofo. So glad he is gone.

6. Maximus21

Don't get too happy because Smith and Pennington are ready to fill the void.

7. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I voted yes. Great linebacker, numbers don't lie. He's setting the bar even higher for possible LB canidates in the future.

8. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

One more vote!!

9. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

i voted yes

10. Maximus21

Another Tiger has his name etched in history

11. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Bruh, I could of swore I grabbed this dude's pic off of the DW but I can't find it now. May have to make him when I get home.

12. Maximus21

No rush. I picture his bust in the HOF in my mind lol.

13. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Just letting you know I've made this guy to the best of my ability but with the servers being trippy its really difficult to actually upload him to grab a damn shot of his stats... hopefully later this week

• Like Like x 1