Hall of Fame Candidate - LSU ROLB Matt Davis

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Maximus21, Feb 21, 2011.

?

Is LSU ROLB Matt Davis a BCS Chaso HOF?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  1. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

[​IMG]
    With one game left in his career, I have chosen to nominate ROLB Matt Davis for enshrinement in the BCS Chaos Hall of Fame. In his 4 years as a starter LSU has reached heights previously unseen by Coach Maximus. Davis came in as a :5stars: recruit, #2 at the OLB position and made an immediate impact as a freshman. He created big plays all over the field, most notably 13 TFL, 4 Sacks, 5 INT (tied for team lead), 6 Pass Defl, and 1 FF. As far as tackles, he had 35 Solo and 8 Assisted. He was 1st-Team All-American and All-SEC, which is a true feat for a freshman.
    As a sophomore he didn't create any turnovers in the passing game but he did manage 3 FR. He also tallied 38 Solo Tackles, 17 Assisted tackles, 12 TFL, 3 Sacks, and 5 Pass Defl. Davis had a huge role in the biggest play of LSU's season. Florida QB Trey Burton fumbled on an option run and Davis was johnny on the spot with the recovery. LSU ended up winning 20-7. The biggest gauge for his success is that he was a key component of a National Championship defense. LSU shutout Boise St. 35-0 in the title game that year.
    Davis' junior season was one of success for LSU. The Tigers once again lost to Florida during the season but came back to win the SEC Championship. West Virginia ultimately defeated the Tigers in the BCS Championship Game, but that is nothing to be ashamed of. Davis was once again a defensive catalyst, often lining up in man coverage against the opponents' slot WR. He finished the year with 40 Solo Tackles (tied for 2nd on team) 12 Assisted Tackles, 17 TFL (team leader), 3 Sacks, 2 INT, 3 Pass Defl, and 1 FF.
    To this point in 2015 Davis has 42 Solo Tackles (2nd on team), 11 Assisted Tackles, 12 TFL (3rd on team), 2 Sacks, 3 INT (tied for 3rd on team), 4 Pass Defl (tied for 3rd on team), 2 FF (leads team), and 1 FR. LSU won our 3rd straight SEC title and our bowl game is coming up. We certainly hope to be included in the BCS Championship Game for the 3rd year in a row, but that remains to be seen.
    LSU made the BCS Championship game but fell 23-20 to Ohio St. One more note on Davis' senior season: he made 1st team All-American and All-SEC.
    Career Stats: 155 Solo Tackles, 48 Assisted Tackles, 54 TFL, 12 Sacks, 10 INT, 18 Pass Defl, 4 FF, 4 FR, 2 Safeties, 2 TDs
    Final Rating: 99 OVR, 91 Spd, 99 Acc, 75 Agi, 99 Awr, 87 Tkl, 93 PRC, 94 BSH, 98 Pur, 95 ZCV, 95 MCV, 91 HPW, 61 Cth, 86 Str, 79 PMV, 85 FMV

Davis was always a threat in every facet of the game. His coverage skills were unmatched at his position and you never knew when he would come blitzing off the edge to stop a run or rush the passer.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I ask that only BCS Chaos members vote in this poll so please note when you vote so we can keep track.

2. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

voted

3. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I hate LSU:cool:... I didn't vote yet...

4. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Lol I hope Siegel doesn't get that treatment^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

5. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

He's going to get my vote but I'm not ready to let it go yet. He's better than the other guys that got in.

6. BG

BG On The Rize!

voted

7. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I voted... this dummy can join the CHASO HOF any day of the week:)... I know if forever put his LBs up for vote this guy wouldn't get in... he averages 100 tackles per year with them!... just imagine what those numbers look like after 3-4 years... smh

8. Maximus21

Sure he puts up tackles but I'm sure that wouldn't happen if he wasn't controlling the MLB.

9. BG

BG On The Rize!

So is that a criteria for making the HOF, you can't control the player? If thats the case, then everyone currently in has to be taken off, Just sayin....

10. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Right now their isn't a criteria, they just have to be 'good'. I'm personally going to start comparing positions once I have someone to compare them too, if forever's LBs were in then their is a slim chance I'm voting somebody in with 200 or whatever the number is in career tackles. Just won't happen. That's why I'd like guys to put their players up. Need a standard somewhere.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Maximus21

I'm not saying it's a criteria, I just think it should be something to take into consideration. I haven't checked the numbers but do any of your other players put up huge tackle amounts?

12. BG

BG On The Rize!

Aight, sounds good!

13. BG

BG On The Rize!

My strong safety has over 100 solo tackles as a soph. He has been hurt for about half the season this year. Not trying to take anything from your man, I just did the numbers. You play 14 games a season and in 4 years that makes around 56 games played give or take a few for injury. Based on those numbers, your LB averages about 2.8 tackles per game.

14. Maximus21

No one else is putting up those type of numbers so I guess you're just a special case. Given that I think it would be misguided to disqualify everyone else's defenders because of one particular team.

Also I just want to note that the MLB and SS are usually closer to the middle of the field than an OLB in a 3-4, thus they can make more plays all over the field. My MLBs get most of the tackles since they are able to get to more plays since they are in the middle.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Maximus21

One more thing before I shut up (maybe). I'm not saying all this to make it seem like Davis has to be inducted. It's just my personal opinion on the matter of defensive tackles. If the group doesn't think he made enough plays that's fine by me.

16. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

Here is something else to think about...If your playing great defense your not going to get many tackles because of the offense going three and out. just a thought...

• Like Like x 1
  17. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Thats my problem with Siegel. I would have won all the damn passing awards and Heisman this year but when im up 28 or 35 I pull him....Thats often in the second quarter....I dont want to to be a stat whore like some people....So in some cases 3 and outs or just pulling starters will have an adverse effect on stats...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Highyella

Highyella Walk On

This LB gotta get tested before he gets my vote...I want blood work done hair follicles the whole 9!

• Like Like x 3
  19. Maximus21

Update on Davis: made 1st-Team All-American and All-SEC for the 2nd time in his career.

20. Maximus21

Come on peeps all the HOF cases need votes. Let's get this done please.

21. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

22. ticketp1

ticketp1 Walk On

I already voted.